Onboard specials for future cruise purchase?

Kuevan

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise in many years. The last cruise I was on was on a different line and they offered onboard credit if you put a deposit down on a future cruise. Anyone know what Carnival is offering right now? Is it different on different ships and how often does it change? We will be sailing on the Sunshine next month.

We try to book future cruises while on cruises. The biggest perk is some onboard credit, the amount depends on the length of the cruise booked. You will also receive friends & family vouchers which will allow others to join you on the future cruise getting the same OBC as you get. These have to be booked within a limited time frame. I also like being able to see what cabins are available, plus the rep will have deck plans there. They usually have a list of cruises they are promoting, but can book any future cruise. We usually know what cruise we want before we go see the future cruise rep.

I am pretty sure it is always the same offer, no matter which ship you are on. The biggest difference would be the rep that is onboard your ship. Some are great, some just barely know what they are doing. IMO

Do you have to book? I remember a special if you put a deposit down, you got some OBC but didnt have to book right away. Just had a certain amount of time to book. Not sure if it was ccl or ncl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Yes I had to book to get the OBC, if I vaguely remember correctly NCL had something where you could put deposit down and book later but that was a couple of years ago

I posted the paragraphs below about a month ago on another thread. This info was current then. Where they are right now I don't know.

There is another Carnival cutback in progress. On those ships that have a future cruise desk (most do) you will receive varying OBC for a future cruise booked. Under 6 days $50 OBC, 6 days $75, 7-11 days $100 OBC,12+ days $200 OBC and 2 friends and family vouchers that will allow others to receive OBC on the same cruise. There is currently a test program on the Vista, Conquest and Glory that only gives $50 OBC regardless of cruise length and eliminates the F+F vouchers.

The future cruise rep. on the Glory says that Carnival will implement this lesser benefit fleetwide soon