Is this just lip service about dress codes?

However, the clothes I wear to dinner should have no impact on others (as long as clean, as odor, etc can directly affect others). The other person insisting that my dress conform to THEIR code does affect me, so where does their respect for me as the other person come in to play? Maybe they can be more accepting and less judgmental towards others so that other people can enjoy their cruise.

Thank you could not have said it better

Let me make sure I am getting a clear understanding of what you just said. So when you get up in the morning and get dressed or you go shopping for clothes. The first thing that comes to mind is what you are buying or what you are wearing how is this going to effect other's.
Or the second thing or the third thing -- one of the things I think about before I leave my house is whether my clothing is offensive vis a vis the standards of society. I wouldn't walk outside naked; I wouldn't walk outside with a t-shirt that has a rude blasphemy on it, or vulgar language.

First I DO NOT live my life based on acceptance of other's
I manage very easily to live my life in accordance with my own beliefs and values as well as being respectful of society, being polite and considerate of other people I meet, etc. And that continues throughout my day. If something terrible happened, such as a fire in a restaurant, I will be simultaneously concerned about protecting myself and assisting others in their evacuation of the danger area, even people I have never met and may never see again.

or the second thing or the third thing -- one of the things i think about before i leave my house is whether my clothing is offensive vis a vis the standards of society. I wouldn't walk outside naked; i wouldn't walk outside with a t-shirt that has a rude blasphemy on it, or vulgar language.

I manage very easily to live my life in accordance with my own beliefs and values as well as being respectful of society, being polite and considerate of other people i meet, etc. And that continues throughout my day. If something terrible happened, such as a fire in a restaurant, i will be simultaneously concerned about protecting myself and assisting others in their evacuation of the danger area, even people i have never met and may never see again.

wow:'):'):')

Thanks for the replies, I thought you guys might find this interesting. I like to wear khakis and a nice shirt, formal nights the same. Formal nights are outdated, sorry.

Sorry, but Formal nights are NOT outdated. Many MANY people still dress up, especially on Royal and Princess cruises. Yes, there are those that don't dress up, but hasn't that always been the case (at least for the last 10-15 years or so). My husband and I actually really enjoy dressing up for formal nights. Where else do we get to dress up and enjoy a nice dinner and show or dancing? I see it a lot with seasoned cruisers, especially on the Captains gala night.

I will start wearing what you want me to wear to the MDR when you start paying for my cruise. That being said I usually dress in dressier jeans and a button down with dress shoes for dinner, even formal nights. I wear suit and tie 5 days a week, I refuse to wear it on vacation. Similar to this below.

1dae0b7dc38049ee7edebecb8f1241cf.jpg

Dear friend, that have been my attire style for years in the MDR and it feels amazing. Some people can wear a suit and I can tell he is uncomfortable on it. I bet we both rock at the MDR [emoji3]✔️, btw I still wear suit for the 1st formal night because that's when my family loves to take professional pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Forums