cameras...binoculars..and what about GoPro?

katfer

Sounds like you may have a dud.

You do hear some whirring when the lens is moving but I've been more than happy with the pictures I take....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey herfnerd...were u able to get wifi and smart phone connected? By the way ..my pics look pretty good...on the camera anyway...lol..

hmmmmm I'm going to keep trying for another day or two- then possibly send this one back if it doesn't improve. For a simple,close up photo of whatever, the iphone takes a better,clearer shot. most esp. with people,still poses,on auto this camera can't seem to focus well at all, how does it do for you with people/faces?

hmmmmm I'm going to keep trying for another day or two- then possibly send this one back if it doesn't improve. For a simple,close up photo of whatever, the iphone takes a better,clearer shot. most esp. with people,still poses,on auto this camera can't seem to focus well at all, how does it do for you with people/faces?

Return it. My Lumix takes amazing photos.

Where did you buy this?

I'm concerned I may have gotten a defective model (it was factory refurbished and sold as new) -anyone have issues with the focus capabilities?

The refurbishing doesn't seem to have worked. Bring it back.

Definitely return it. Is it a manufacturer refurb or store job?

One thing I like about the ZS50 is that I can set it to macro for extreme close ups but still use the full zoom to take distance shots without changing the settings

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I placed an order for a Yi 4k+ last week - according to the specs, it is supposed to be better than the highest end GoPro. I want to use it specifically for video and wide shots. I'm still hoping to grab the Sony HX80 for the zoom function before our trip.

@herfnerd...... how do you do that? without changing the settings? ok....... full update after a frustrating weekend with my new camera....... I stopped trying to take pics using auto functions,first of all! That alone changed the results quite a bit. After doing intensive reading on this model,and trying to figure out settings, I set myself to hundreds of photos of the birds at my feeders- since I am mainly interested in this for the oudoor/wildlife capabilities. Well..... I have changed my mind, this thing takes some excellent zoom shots outdoors,using the proper settings! (I'm really enjyoing cataloguing my bird friends) I learned that auto is usually a recipe for disaster..... but one really big question, what setting works best for indoor and people shots? Now that I'm getting the hang of more outdoors photos, I still don't get how to get a crisp indoor shot of people,say in a group,or even singly. I don't really hear that whirring anymore,either I've gotten used to it, or it has gone away. So..... still debating/hoping I don't have to send it back - I will be spending time trying for faces indoors to see if there's an issue. so far,all the faces are too soft focus no matter what I try....

• 2 weeks later...
Return it. My Lumix takes amazing photos.

Where did you buy this?

May I ask,does it take amazing photos of faces,and people,indoors? If so ,what setting do you use? I am learning to use it it almost 100% on manual modes,since auto mode is just the pits on this camera. (or is this a flaw that shouldn't exist?) when I need to take people pics indoors,I use my iphon since it does a better job-no flash

• 1 month later...

I have a Nikon D3200 with 24MP, an 18 - 55 lens and a 70 - 300 zoom lens. I plan to wear cargo pants to slip the lens in when I'm changing them out. I'm getting a knock off Go Pro from Amazon for my son to use when we go zip lining and for the seaplane glacier excursion. I'm debating getting a small point and shoot to slip in my pocket to carry around the ship. That Nikon gets heavy.

Big dummy here with very limited techno knowledge!

With the new cameras and new iPads how do you get the photos from the camera onto the iPad? I just used my old camera on a vacation but had to wait until I got home to get the photos onto the iPad. (Old iPad I had a connection that would hook into camera to download but none available for the new 2017 iPad and the old camera....or so I was told.) I had to download the photos onto my computer and then transfer to iCloud to get on my my new 2017 iPad. Is there an easier way with the new cameras? I would like to use camera in port but then get photos onto my iPad that night. Is that possible?

Edited by skiiergirl

I bought a Nikon Bridge Camera, it's a point and shoot with 60X zoom. I can take awesome moon shots, and i'm bringing it with me to Alaska in July. I am also taking my go pro.

I believe you need more than your phone and Ipad also.

Charlie

Big dummy here with very limited techno knowledge!

With the new cameras and new iPads how do you get the photos from the camera onto the iPad? I just used my old camera on a vacation but had to wait until I got home to get the photos onto the iPad. (Old iPad I had a connection that would hook into camera to download but none available for the new 2017 iPad and the old camera....or so I was told.) I had to download the photos onto my computer and then transfer to iCloud to get on my my new 2017 iPad. Is there an easier way with the new cameras? I would like to use camera in port but then get photos onto my iPad that night. Is that possible?

I'm probably as tech illiterate as you, but I think with newer cameras and wifi, you can download to iPad without a cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums