Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

Patti started off with an order of shrimp cocktail and a Caesar’s salad. For her main she had the flat iron steak again…..

IMG_3485-XL.jpg

Tonight’s dessert menu…..

IMG_3486-XL.jpg

I look stuffed, but I saved room for dessert…..

IMG_3488-XL.jpg

Patti had the fruit plate for her dessert…….

IMG_3494-XL.jpg

I tried the buttered popcorn pot de crème which I didn’t like at all……

IMG_3495-XL.jpg

Thank goodness for banana splits!

IMG_3496-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

That buttered popcorn dessert is one of the nastiest thing I have ever tasted. I really don't know where they come up with some of these desserts.

BRAVO! THANK YOU! Was researching the Magic Eastern/Western for winter, 2018, but found the Pride Journey, so we have the same ideas, but at different times again! ENJOY your memories and your countdowns and try to relax this summer. You are going to be busy in the fall! :D(y) Will very anxiously await the next installment of your travel journals.

Thanks so much to you and Patti (who definitely looks great) for the truly enjoyable review.

The saddest words are when I read that you are "calling it a cruise", and I know it's about to end.

I'm heading to the Sunshine next week and will try to have as much fun as you two do.

BRAVO! THANK YOU! Was researching the Magic Eastern/Western for winter, 2018, but found the Pride Journey, so we have the same ideas, but at different times again! ENJOY your memories and your countdowns and try to relax this summer. You are going to be busy in the fall! :D(y) Will very anxiously await the next installment of your travel journals.

Thanks Karry!! We'll be back on the Pride 1n 2019! :D

Thanks so much to you and Patti (who definitely looks great) for the truly enjoyable review.

The saddest words are when I read that you are "calling it a cruise", and I know it's about to end.

I'm heading to the Sunshine next week and will try to have as much fun as you two do.

Thanks for reading and for your kind words! Enjoy your cruise on the sunshine! :cool:

Final Thoughts and Ramblings.

I hope you enjoyed coming along with us on our Journeys cruise aboard the Carnival Pride. As always, we wanted you to feel as though you were on the cruise with us, and let you see what the Pride, and the ports of call we visited, was all about. I would like to think we accomplished that in a fun and informative way. What follows below are some of mine and Patti’s random thoughts about this cruise, not in any particular order or importance.

First off, let me say that this cruise ranked in the top three of all of the cruises that we have taken.

The Carnival Pride was, and still is, our favorite Carnival ship.

A big shoutout to all of our fellow roll call members, as it was a pleasure to meet so many of you. We’re so sorry that we did not get to meet everyone. Perhaps we will meet on another cruise at another time.

Thanks to Gingerma for arranging group rates for the hotel and shuttles in Tampa. Such hard work was greatly appreciated. We are so sorry that health issues kept you from enjoying most of the cruise.

Thanks to all those roll call members that arranged the slot pulls, pub crawls, cabin crawls, LCR, etc. It takes special people to want to do this!

Special thanks to those roll call members that stopped by during this review, and offered us their insights and experiences.

Prior to this cruise the longest cruise we had ever taken was nine days. Patti had some concerns that she wouldn’t like being on board a ship for fourteen days. This concerned me a little since we had two B2B cruises scheduled in the future. Let me just say that we both loved being aboard ship for fourteen days. On these longer cruises, if you feel like just going back to the cabin after dinner, which we did a few times, you don’t feel like you’re missing something. It’s just a more relaxed feeling. Patti loved the experience so much, that when we got home, she made me do something which I will tell you about a little later.

We enjoyed our dinners aboard the Pride, both at David’s Steakhouse, and the Normandie Restaurant.We both enjoyed the American Table and American Feast menus. In our fourteen days aboard the Pride, none of the menus were repeated.

Ken Byrne is Carnival’s best Maitre’d, hands down. He took very good care of us the whole cruise, and even before when I emailed him with my table request. And on top of that, the man can sing!

Our partial transit of the Panama Canal was one of the highlights of the cruise. We would love to do a full transit one day, but until then, the partial transit was awesome.

We were not impressed with Costa Rica, and to some extent, Bonaire. There just didn’t seem to be enough things that we like to do at those two ports that would make us want to go back there.

The other ports that we visited we have been to many times before. We tend to like doing all-inclusive resorts now, and the ones we visited were all very good, and would repeat.

My mind is going blank now, but I’m sure other things will pop into my head, and I’ll share them later.

Let’s talk about the future. Our next cruise will be in October aboard the Carnival Magic, a ship we have not sailed on before. We will be aboard her for fourteen days, doing B2B Eastern / Western cruises. Now here’s what Patti made me do. We will be getting off the Magic on October 21st, then drive up to Jacksonville to board the Elation the same day, another ship we haven’t been on. So now we will be aboard a ship for nineteen straight nights. I love my wife!!! Lol.

In 2018 we have booked the Paradise, a B2B on the Conquest, and a 14 day Journeys cruise on the Splendor to Hawaii. The Paradise and Conquest will be new to us. Yes, we would like to sail on every ship in the fleet at some point. Gives us something to shoot for! Lol.

We have nothing booked for 2019 yet, but the Pride will be one of them for sure.

Of course we will be doing reviews of all our cruises to share our experiences with all of you. If you have any questions at all, please post to this thread and I will do my best to answer them. So until next time, may you have clear skies and calm seas! Happy Sails!!!

How do you send an email to the maitre d. I would love to put in a table request for out B2B

WARNING: HIGHJACK!!! :o Jamman, sorry to highjack this. I re read your Sunshine review bit by bit and finally at the end I forgot if there was a past guest cocktail party and/or Diamond cocktail party??? :tropical-drink:
]

Hey Karry!! Yes, we had both parties on our Sunshine cruise. On the Sunshine review, the Diamond Party is covered in post 178, and the VIFP Party in post 407. The CC Meet & Mingle Party never happened even though we had more than enough sign up.:mad:

Great review once again. Making me look forward to Sept. and next Nov. on the Pride!

Thanks for following along! Enjoy your cruises on the Pride! :D

How do you send an email to the maitre d. I would love to put in a table request for out B2B

The email address for the maitre'd is XXmaitred@carnival.com

Substitute the first two letters of your ship's code for the two X's.

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstasy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

]

Hey Karry!! Yes, we had both parties on our Sunshine cruise. On the Sunshine review, the Diamond Party is covered in post 178, and the VIFP Party in post 407. The CC Meet & Mingle Party never happened even though we had more than enough sign up.:mad:

Thanks for following along! Enjoy your cruises on the Pride! :D

Thanks Jamman! I am SURE I will read your review AT LEAST one more time before we leave in September, but I was trying to figure something out and didn't want to just scroll thru it! :cool:;)

Thanks for the review, we truly enjoyed our Pride Journeys cruise. This was our second Pride trip with Ginger, she did a great job setting up the Tampa hotel. The hotel was perfect and had everything we needed to get ready for 14 fun days. We were cruising with some friends so didn't get to participate in some of the events that were set up.

We rented a car for our trip from SC to Tampa, so we didn't use the shuttle. We got to the port by 1000 and had an easy time with check in.

Thank you for all the pictures, it gave me a different perspective of the trip.

The Panama canal was fantastic. We spent a lot of time on deck 5 watching our progress through the locks. I had seen the canal once from land during my days in the military and I definitely had a better time traveling through it.

Bonaire was a new port for us and we had a great excursion doing the Mangrove Eco-safari.

Baltimore was great, but cold. Didn't do much sightseeing because of the temperature but did make it to a great restaurant, Mo's Seafood.

It's funny how fast 14 days goes when you're having fun on a cruise.

Happy cruising.

Thanks Jamman! I am SURE I will read your review AT LEAST one more time before we leave in September, but I was trying to figure something out and didn't want to just scroll thru it! :cool:;)

No problem! You and Jim are going to enjoy the Sunshine! :D

Thanks for the review, we truly enjoyed our Pride Journeys cruise. This was our second Pride trip with Ginger, she did a great job setting up the Tampa hotel. The hotel was perfect and had everything we needed to get ready for 14 fun days. We were cruising with some friends so didn't get to participate in some of the events that were set up.

We rented a car for our trip from SC to Tampa, so we didn't use the shuttle. We got to the port by 1000 and had an easy time with check in.

Thank you for all the pictures, it gave me a different perspective of the trip.

The Panama canal was fantastic. We spent a lot of time on deck 5 watching our progress through the locks. I had seen the canal once from land during my days in the military and I definitely had a better time traveling through it.

Bonaire was a new port for us and we had a great excursion doing the Mangrove Eco-safari.

Baltimore was great, but cold. Didn't do much sightseeing because of the temperature but did make it to a great restaurant, Mo's Seafood.

It's funny how fast 14 days goes when you're having fun on a cruise.

Happy cruising.

Thanks for reading! It was a great cruise wasn't it? Did we get a chance to meet, or did you notice if you were in any of our pictures? :cool:

Thanks for answering my food questions. Maybe you really enjoy writing these reviews, but it's a lot of work. Do you have any idea how generous you appear by giving all your time and energy posting so that people like me can learn a thing or two, or twenty, and get a serious vicarious thrill on the Pride months before actually cruising? You and Patti are terrifically warm, generous people. Thank you.

Wait till you meet them in person! They are both, truly, "salt of the earth" type people..... and they like doing a lot of the things we like to do! :D

Thanks again, Jeff, to you for posting, and to Patti for taking the pictures so I could relive that wonderful cruise. And thank you for being such a fun couple. You helped to make my cruise a terrific one! ...... I'm soooo happy! :halo:

Kris

Wait till you meet them in person! They are both, truly, "salt of the earth" type people..... and they like doing a lot of the things we like to do! :D

Thanks again, Jeff, to you for posting, and to Patti for taking the pictures so I could relive that wonderful cruise. And thank you for being such a fun couple. You helped to make my cruise a terrific one! ...... I'm soooo happy! :halo:

Kris

(y)(y)

LOL, just "skimmed" thru your review looking for St. M. I am obsessed with the beaches and we won't even be there until January lol. I have to go to Aruba to go where you went. Can't believe we were there twice on a B2B on Liberty and I didn't know about that place! :confused:

Kris

Awwww Kris, you're making us blush! We love you guys too. We knew we had new friends as soon as we met you at Bay Harbor! Say hello to the original Kenny G for us! :D

LOL, just "skimmed" thru your review looking for St. M. I am obsessed with the beaches and we won't even be there until January lol. I have to go to Aruba to go where you went. Can't believe we were there twice on a B2B on Liberty and I didn't know about that place! :confused:

We will be going back there next year when we are in Aruba. I understand that the Riu is very nice also.:cool:

Thanks for reading! It was a great cruise wasn't it? Did we get a chance to meet, or did you notice if you were in any of our pictures? :cool:

We love the Journeys cruises and this one was fantastic. Sorry to say I never introduced myself, every time I saw you, you were talking to someone and I didn't feel comfortable interrupting.

I did make it in the last picture of the Meet and Mingle photo you posted, but it's only a partial. We're sitting behind Steve all the way in the back.

I've enjoyed your NY reviews and cruising from there is on my bucket list. I was born in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn right by the Verrazano bridge and would love to sail under it.

Loved your review and it was nice meeting you and Patti throughout the trip.

I too love this ship and was on the week before with girlfriends and then Jeff met up with me for the 14 days back.

This was cruise no. 7 on this ship and have next January for 21 days and then November 2018, can you tell we like it. :)

I too love this ship and was on the week before with girlfriends and then Jeff met up with me for the 14 days back.

This was cruise no. 7 on this ship and have next January for 21 days and then November 2018, can you tell we like it. :)

We're on the Journey cruise 1/7/18. You too???

Hey Debbie!!! Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed the review. I didn't think it was possible, but I think you like the Pride a little bit more than we do! :D We'll be back on her sometime in 2019.

Hey Debbie!!! Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed the review. I didn't think it was possible, but I think you like the Pride a little bit more than we do! :D We'll be back on her sometime in 2019.

Jamman, you and Patti have definitely met your match!

We're on the Journey cruise 1/7/18. You too???

Yup and staying on for the week after. So used to the 21 days why stop now, lol. See you then.

LOL. Looking at doing the new Celebrity Edge March 17, 2019 and doing a B2B, love the look of this new ship.