Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

Nice to see this string again! We'll be back on the Pride Aug. 13 to cruise with our granddaughter as her 12th birthday gift. Did this with her older sister, so it's a tradition-----hope to do it with the last girl in 4 years. We're hoping that Ken will be back in time for this cruise.

Great reliving the cruise through your pix, hope to meet up again.

Al

Hey Al, enjoy your return to the Pride. That's a tradition that we hope to do some day! In any event we will be back on the Pride for a B2B in October 2018. :cool:

on page 8, enjoying this tremendously, and encouraging my husband to do this same kind of review when we return from our next cruise. Thanks!

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to reading your husband's Carnival Dream review when you get back! :D

We finally heard a confirmation from Carnival through the BBB, for our art refund. I'm looking forward to settling the onboard account, and calling this a wrap. Basically we purchased a 2K artwork on board, only to find an original in Vegas for the same price / same artists, and cancelled on March 15th. We have 40 days to do so after delivery, where as we cancelled before the order was officially received on land. With the process was lingering, I filed a chargeback on May 12th, which may have interrupted the would be refund. With communication being ignored, so I had no choice but to escalate.

So Jeffrey,

How was the Sonesta? Would you go back? I'm thinking about flying to St. Maartin and staying there for a few days.

I really enjoyed reading your review. The Pride is my favorite also!

-Joe

So Jeffrey,

How was the Sonesta? Would you go back? I'm thinking about flying to St. Maartin and staying there for a few days.

I really enjoyed reading your review. The Pride is my favorite also!

-Joe

We enjoyed our day at the Sonesta, and would definitely go back. Talking to people that were staying there, they all raved about how good the place was. :cool:.

This review is everything!!! The pictures are perfect, and I truly felt like I was right there with you as a free loading stow away![emoji16] Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! You kept me entertained and distracted the entire time W was driving (swerving) from OH back to GA. [emoji4][emoji1476]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This review is everything!!! The pictures are perfect, and I truly felt like I was right there with you as a free loading stow away![emoji16] Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! You kept me entertained and distracted the entire time W was driving (swerving) from OH back to GA. [emoji4][emoji1476]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Willdra!!! Always great to have you along. Looks like we'll both be busy doing reviews at the end of October. :cool:

The horse’s movements would be dictated by the roll of the dice…..

IMG_3220-XL.jpg

And they’re off…..

IMG_3226-XL.jpg

The #5 horse takes the lead…..

IMG_3230-XL.jpg

IMG_3231-XL.jpg

The crowd in the Taj Mahal is cheering on their favorites…..

IMG_3227-XL.jpg

The #5 horse wins by a nose…..

IMG_3232-XL.jpg

The winning horse paid $10 per ticket, and since we had bet a total of $9 on the two horses we netted a whopping $1. Lol. This was a lot of fun, and we wish they would bring this back on all cruises!

To be continued……

It really is so fun! Princess has brought this back on SOME of their ships, and I always play when they offer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
I had thought about just showing up but decided against it. This was our first time in Bonaire so I didn't want to waste valuable time.

Though the Pride is our favorite ship, we want to try to sail the whole fleet, so we booked the Conquest for a B2B instead. :)

Thanks so much for reading! :)

Crap Jeff I am just missing you on both my cruises. Would love to cruise with you and Patti one day. My next one is October 1 on Vista and your on Magic October 7th. Then we cruise again April 14th 2018 on the Conquest and your on after us again. I'll wave to you and Patti lol

Crap Jeff I am just missing you on both my cruises. Would love to cruise with you and Patti one day. My next one is October 1 on Vista and your on Magic October 7th. Then we cruise again April 14th 2018 on the Conquest and your on after us again. I'll wave to you and Patti lol

So close!! Hey there is the Pride October 2018, and the Splendor in April 2019. :D

• 1 month later...
Thank you and Patti so much for this and all of your reviews. They're so much fun to read! I feel like I cruised with you. I just booked a partial transit for January 2019 with my dad. This review is one of the reasons why!

Thank you so much for your kind words! You and our dad are going to have an awesome cruise! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thoroughly enjoyed your review!! Thank you for taking the time to put all the details and pictures into your review. We just booked the Glory for the Panama Canal cruise in Feb 2020. Happy future sailings to you!!

Thank you for reading! We enjoyed our cruises on the Glory, and doing the Panama Canal is an added bonus. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff, I haven't made it all the way through this thread, but I was on the same cruise (plus the week before) and we really enjoyed it. But this person , in a thread from the Celebrity board, seems to have been in a different world, although on the same cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2579453

EM