Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

Final Thoughts and Ramblings.

I hope you enjoyed coming along with us on our Journeys cruise aboard the Carnival Pride. As always, we wanted you to feel as though you were on the cruise with us, and let you see what the Pride, and the ports of call we visited, was all about. I would like to think we accomplished that in a fun and informative way. What follows below are some of mine and Patti’s random thoughts about this cruise, not in any particular order or importance.

First off, let me say that this cruise ranked in the top three of all of the cruises that we have taken.

The Carnival Pride was, and still is, our favorite Carnival ship.

A big shoutout to all of our fellow roll call members, as it was a pleasure to meet so many of you. We’re so sorry that we did not get to meet everyone. Perhaps we will meet on another cruise at another time.

Thanks to Gingerma for arranging group rates for the hotel and shuttles in Tampa. Such hard work was greatly appreciated. We are so sorry that health issues kept you from enjoying most of the cruise.

Thanks to all those roll call members that arranged the slot pulls, pub crawls, cabin crawls, LCR, etc. It takes special people to want to do this!

Special thanks to those roll call members that stopped by during this review, and offered us their insights and experiences.

Prior to this cruise the longest cruise we had ever taken was nine days. Patti had some concerns that she wouldn’t like being on board a ship for fourteen days. This concerned me a little since we had two B2B cruises scheduled in the future. Let me just say that we both loved being aboard ship for fourteen days. On these longer cruises, if you feel like just going back to the cabin after dinner, which we did a few times, you don’t feel like you’re missing something. It’s just a more relaxed feeling. Patti loved the experience so much, that when we got home, she made me do something which I will tell you about a little later.

We enjoyed our dinners aboard the Pride, both at David’s Steakhouse, and the Normandie Restaurant.We both enjoyed the American Table and American Feast menus. In our fourteen days aboard the Pride, none of the menus were repeated.

Ken Byrne is Carnival’s best Maitre’d, hands down. He took very good care of us the whole cruise, and even before when I emailed him with my table request. And on top of that, the man can sing!

Our partial transit of the Panama Canal was one of the highlights of the cruise. We would love to do a full transit one day, but until then, the partial transit was awesome.

We were not impressed with Costa Rica, and to some extent, Bonaire. There just didn’t seem to be enough things that we like to do at those two ports that would make us want to go back there.

The other ports that we visited we have been to many times before. We tend to like doing all-inclusive resorts now, and the ones we visited were all very good, and would repeat.

My mind is going blank now, but I’m sure other things will pop into my head, and I’ll share them later.

Let’s talk about the future. Our next cruise will be in October aboard the Carnival Magic, a ship we have not sailed on before. We will be aboard her for fourteen days, doing B2B Eastern / Western cruises. Now here’s what Patti made me do. We will be getting off the Magic on October 21st, then drive up to Jacksonville to board the Elation the same day, another ship we haven’t been on. So now we will be aboard a ship for nineteen straight nights. I love my wife!!! Lol.

In 2018 we have booked the Paradise, a B2B on the Conquest, and a 14 day Journeys cruise on the Splendor to Hawaii. The Paradise and Conquest will be new to us. Yes, we would like to sail on every ship in the fleet at some point. Gives us something to shoot for! Lol.

We have nothing booked for 2019 yet, but the Pride will be one of them for sure.

Of course we will be doing reviews of all our cruises to share our experiences with all of you. If you have any questions at all, please post to this thread and I will do my best to answer them. So until next time, may you have clear skies and calm seas! Happy Sails!!!

Edited by Jamman54

Breakfast is available from room service and the Lido the last morning. We just weren't that hungry, and we knew there would be coffee and Danish at the Diamond waiting area.

MDR is open as well. That is our go to on debarkation day.

I loved reading your review. The time and effort you put into it are very evident, and your hard work certainly paid off! I want to try a Spirit class ship now more than ever.

Enjoy your future cruises. I look forward to reading more from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, again, for a great review! Hope to share a voyage with y'all again soon.

Btw-- nice plan for the transfer from Magic over to Elation.:D We've done the port swaps between Pt. Can and Jax a few times on same days; works great. Also, works well between Tampa and Pt. Can. Doing Paradise a couple, then over to Magic, next week. Also, have done Tampa to Jax, and Miami to Tampa, but a bit risky. Always an adventure! Happy Voyages :D

Bravo, Very nice review. It takes a talented dedicated person to write such an informative, high quality review. Cudos to you for that. I think I speak for everyone saying that we are very appreciative and enjoyed it tremendously.

Now here’s what Patti made me do. We will be getting off the Magic on October 21st, then drive up to Jacksonville to board the Elation the same day, another ship we haven’t been on. So now we will be aboard a ship for nineteen straight nights. I love my wife!!! Lol.

Good stuff my friend! You are my idol :)

Originally posted by Jamman54 Now here’s what Patti made me do. We will be getting off the Magic on October 21st, then drive up to Jacksonville to board the Elation the same day, another ship we haven’t been on. So now we will be aboard a ship for nineteen straight nights. I love my wife!!! Lol.

I would love to do that. That is a great plan. We were on the Elation in November. If you liked Fantasy & Fascination, you'll like Elation. We have yet to do the Magic, and not sure when we'll go. And yes, Pride is my favorite too.

We were on the cruise with you. We absolutely loved Costa Rica! Maybe it was the incredibly great tour we booked through Shore Excursioneer. My husband is going back to do an eco tour in December. The Panama Canal was really gret to see. We also loved Bonaire and Aruba. Took a golf cart around Bonaire for the day and in Aruba we went to the butterfly garden and did our own thing around town. Hands down my younger son loved St. Maarten the best, another awesome tour through Shore Excursioneer. Loved reading your review. We didn't love the cruise as much as you, but it is still in our top ones. Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you for taking the time to share your adventure. Many happy sailings in your future!!

Thank you so much! :D

I loved reading your review. The time and effort you put into it are very evident, and your hard work certainly paid off! I want to try a Spirit class ship now more than ever.

Enjoy your future cruises. I look forward to reading more from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for reading and your kind words! The Spirit Class is the best IMHO.

Can't wait to read more reviews. Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading! :cool:

Thanks, again, for a great review! Hope to share a voyage with y'all again soon.

Btw-- nice plan for the transfer from Magic over to Elation.:D We've done the port swaps between Pt. Can and Jax a few times on same days; works great. Also, works well between Tampa and Pt. Can. Doing Paradise a couple, then over to Magic, next week. Also, have done Tampa to Jax, and Miami to Tampa, but a bit risky. Always an adventure! Happy Voyages :D

Thanks for coming along for the ride again! We're always checking your signature to see if we're sailing with you guys again! :D Happy Sails!!! :beer-toast:

Bravo, Very nice review. It takes a talented dedicated person to write such an informative, high quality review. Cudos to you for that. I think I speak for everyone saying that we are very appreciative and enjoyed it tremendously.

Thanks so much for your kind words! :D

Good stuff my friend! You are my idol :)

Aw, you're making me blush! :cool:

I would love to do that. That is a great plan. We were on the Elation in November. If you liked Fantasy & Fascination, you'll like Elation. We have yet to do the Magic, and not sure when we'll go. And yes, Pride is my favorite too.

Patti didn't have to twist my arm! :D We like the Fantasy Class ships on the shorter cruises, especially at HMC. :cool:

Great review Jeff, thanks for the work you put into it. I just wish you were sailing again before my cruises in June & July so I would have something to read until then.

Thanks so much for reading! I wish we were sailing again before June too! :D

We were on the cruise with you. We absolutely loved Costa Rica! Maybe it was the incredibly great tour we booked through Shore Excursioneer. My husband is going back to do an eco tour in December. The Panama Canal was really gret to see. We also loved Bonaire and Aruba. Took a golf cart around Bonaire for the day and in Aruba we went to the butterfly garden and did our own thing around town. Hands down my younger son loved St. Maarten the best, another awesome tour through Shore Excursioneer. Loved reading your review. We didn't love the cruise as much as you, but it is still in our top ones. Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks Barb! Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Did we meet on board?

Thank you, again, for taking the time to do a review of your Journey's cruise on Pride. As always, I love "coming along on vacation" with you and Patti and I've enjoyed this one just as much as the others. I love how Patti (and you) get loads of pictures and how you narrate. I was actually laughing, out loud, at your section on the "frog races". I mentioned earlier, but will again...really enjoyed seeing your pictures of how the locks in the Panama Canal worked. I had a feeling that's how they worked but never "saw" it. There are locks on the Pittsburgh area's (where I'm originally from) three rivers and I'd actually seen the one on the Allegheny River, from a distance several times, but that was going on the PA Turnpike going over a bridge, so I didn't see the actual process. They are usually locks/dams and the actual lock is at the side right at the shore.

Baltimore is an hour and a half drive (non-rush hour) for us and we really need to consider doing a cruise on her one of these days. We were on her sister, Miracle, in 2006 and really loved her and the layout. The only reasons we haven't just gone ahead and booked Pride are for a cruise out of a northern port, we'd prefer...no, it would HAVE to be in the summer. It can get downright cold on that Chesapeake. I definitely remember that weekend, and how cold it was (after our warm, springlike February) that you sailed back in. Brrrr. But those cruise prices in the summer....clear.png?emoji-eek-1725 We've been able to cruise cheaper out of FL (that includes the cost of the cruise AND airfare). The other thing for us is that we prefer the port days over sea days. There are pluses though (temptation)....I love GT and HMC on one of the two itineraries she does and have never been to Freeport, and we'd be able to drive.

So happy that you have several more cruises lined up...that mean's more reviews. Thank you again for sharing with all of us.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to do a review of your Journey's cruise on Pride. As always, I love "coming along on vacation" with you and Patti and I've enjoyed this one just as much as the others. I love how Patti (and you) get loads of pictures and how you narrate. I was actually laughing, out loud, at your section on the "frog races". I mentioned earlier, but will again...really enjoyed seeing your pictures of how the locks in the Panama Canal worked. I had a feeling that's how they worked but never "saw" it. There are locks on the Pittsburgh area's (where I'm originally from) three rivers and I'd actually seen the one on the Allegheny River, from a distance several times, but that was going on the PA Turnpike going over a bridge, so I didn't see the actual process. They are usually locks/dams and the actual lock is at the side right at the shore.

Baltimore is an hour and a half drive (non-rush hour) for us and we really need to consider doing a cruise on her one of these days. We were on her sister, Miracle, in 2006 and really loved her and the layout. The only reasons we haven't just gone ahead and booked Pride are for a cruise out of a northern port, we'd prefer...no, it would HAVE to be in the summer. It can get downright cold on that Chesapeake. I definitely remember that weekend, and how cold it was (after our warm, springlike February) that you sailed back in. Brrrr. But those cruise prices in the summer....clear.png?emoji-eek-1725 We've been able to cruise cheaper out of FL (that includes the cost of the cruise AND airfare). The other thing for us is that we prefer the port days over sea days. There are pluses though (temptation)....I love GT and HMC on one of the two itineraries she does and have never been to Freeport, and we'd be able to drive.

So happy that you have several more cruises lined up...that mean's more reviews. Thank you again for sharing with all of us.

Thanks for coming along for the ride with us once again! Glad that you enjoyed the review. You really need to give the Pride a try. The rates are better late May / early June, and September, and it still is warm the first day out and the last day back. We are planning to be back on the Pride during that time frame in 2019. :cool:

Thanks for answering my food questions. Maybe you really enjoy writing these reviews, but it's a lot of work. Do you have any idea how generous you appear by giving all your time and energy posting so that people like me can learn a thing or two, or twenty, and get a serious vicarious thrill on the Pride months before actually cruising? You and Patti are terrifically warm, generous people. Thank you.

Thank you for another great review Jeff! We have sailed on the Pride twice and love that ship. We are sailing on the Magic for the first time in September. I wish you and Patti were sailing on the Magic before us so that we could read your review before our cruise!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for answering my food questions. Maybe you really enjoy writing these reviews, but it's a lot of work. Do you have any idea how generous you appear by giving all your time and energy posting so that people like me can learn a thing or two, or twenty, and get a serious vicarious thrill on the Pride months before actually cruising? You and Patti are terrifically warm, generous people. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your kind words! For us it is a labor of love, and a chance for us to re-live our cruises again and again. :D

Thank you for another great review Jeff! We have sailed on the Pride twice and love that ship. We are sailing on the Magic for the first time in September. I wish you and Patti were sailing on the Magic before us so that we could read your review before our cruise!!!

Thanks again for reading! Warm the Magic up for us! :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Barb! Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Did we meet on board?

I'm sure we saw you, but we met so many incredible people that it is hard to keep everybody straight, lol. We were hard to miss, with my older adult son who has Down syndrome and my younger adult son who has Autism. Everybody was very kind to us.

Thank you for putting in the time for the reviews! So exciting to hear that you will be doing many more in the coming years.

One question - any future plans on sailing either on the Vista or the Horizon? I would LOVE seeing your review on one of those ships. :)

Can't wait for my cruise in 2 weeks. Your review got me pumped!!!

Jeff thank you so much for taking the time to do this review, I made it a habit of checking back daily so I'll sadly have to move on now! You really do them perfectly, picture heavy with a brief description, I always preferred picture books as a kid lol!

Thank you for putting in the time for the reviews! So exciting to hear that you will be doing many more in the coming years.

One question - any future plans on sailing either on the Vista or the Horizon? I would LOVE seeing your review on one of those ships. :)

Can't wait for my cruise in 2 weeks. Your review got me pumped!!!

Thanks so much for reading! I'm sure we'll be doing the Vista or Horizon at some point, but not before 2019. Enjoy your cruise! :D

Jeff thank you so much for taking the time to do this review, I made it a habit of checking back daily so I'll sadly have to move on now! You really do them perfectly, picture heavy with a brief description, I always preferred picture books as a kid lol!

Me too!! :D Thanks for following along! We'll be back in October. :cool: