Los Lobos Upcharge on Dawn

boop_57

We're on the Dawn in April and have the specialty dining package, which I understand includes 3 meals. We're looking at Los Lobos for one of the meals, but it's listed as ala carte. Does anyone know what the upcharge will be if we take that as one of the meals in our dining package?

We had the dining package on the Dawn a few months back and just paid the tip and ordered anything we wanted at no extra charge. We felt it was one of the best additions to Dawn's restaurants too. Hope this helps.

margretha

No additional charge except for the 18% gratuity. It is part of your package. I have read only one entrée but otherwise you can enjoy starters, salads and/or desserts or whatever you like.:D

The 18% is paid when you buy the package or it is given as a perk (minus Haven guests).

To the OP: Los Lobos is amazing. We went back 3 times on a 7 day trip. We over ordered the first time as everything sounded amazing. So my only advice is be careful but definitely get the tableside guac!

Los Lobos was awesome! I don't even like guacamole. But we had ours tableside anyway. They will make it as spicy or not as you want. Yum!

This is the place you want to go for fresh margaritas.

We had the guacamole, cheese quesadillas and each had an entree. Way too much food for us. We said we would go to just have the quesadillas and guacamole and pay the a la carte prices for those and drink margaritas. (Not that the entrees were bad, they were quite good. We just chowed down on appetizers!) Sadly, it wasn't packed when we were there. No clue why as it was clearly the highlight of our Dawn dining.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Los Lobos was wonderful. Guacamole made table side. Generous portions for appetizers and entrees. Included with no upcharge with an SDP. We ate there two nights during our recent cruise on the Dawn.

3f572c4ac853a0f55ac41e180e746227.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Thank you BirdTravels! The pictures are making us hungry!

Just a couple of weeks and then we will be there. So glad we learned about this restaurant here on CC. Have gone ahead and made reservations for three nights during our week.:cool:

Do you have to make reservations or is there a good chance to get in by walk up?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a 14 day trip and dined there 5 times - during the early part of the cruise they were not to busy so you could take a chance - but towards the end of the cruise the word was out and they were very busy and reservations were certainly needed. Not only is the food great - but the staff was exceptional - our favorite restaurant and service team by far.

Los Lobos was very enjoyable. Didn't use any of my SDP meals on it though. Just paid a la carte. $20 will feed an army.

Ditto.

A 3pack SDP is valued at $27 per meal (regardless if perk or purchased).

NO WAY could I eat that much at Los Lobos, much less $54 for the two of us.

Next cruise (Nov '17) I'll pay a la carte w/ OBC and use my SDP promo elsewhere. As stated above, "$20 will feed an army"

Probably all apps, no entree. Likely twice on a 9 night cruise.

Sideboard Guac>>> ABSOLUTELY!

That food looks amazing! I wonder what the dish was with the green olives. I cannot wait to try this when I sail in July.

Huachinanco a la Veracruzana

Veracruz-Style Red Snapper, Tomato, Onion, Bell Pepers, Olives, Capers, Raisins. $15.99

• 4 months later...
Spectacular, now that Its going to be on Bliss, cannot wait!!!!!!!!!1

Yes! We loved Los Lobos. Nice that they tried her out on the Dawn and recognized it's a winner!

The news that it will be on the Bliss is making me think we will be booking more than one cruise on her. Alaska? Mexican Riviera? Eastern Caribbean?? Multiple choices:D

Yes! We loved Los Lobos. Nice that they tried her out on the Dawn and recognized it's a winner!

The news that it will be on the Bliss is making me think we will be booking more than one cruise on her. Alaska? Mexican Riviera? Eastern Caribbean?? Multiple choices:D

I am on 1st Alaska June 2!!!. a group of solos that I organized in an NCL direct Group. At 12:01 at the 90 day mark I will be booking a table for 8 with my dining package for Los Lobos, Ocean Blue and maybe the new Texas Roadhouse if thats what it is, a restaurant.

The Nov 3 2018 Panama Canal.

Then 2019 the Bliss Summer Alaska I will be booing wth the hubby! when the dates come avail

Steph

Check the menus carefully and see how much you're likely to actually spend. I ate there twice and neither time did my bill exceed $20, and I had three courses and left plenty of food on the plates (portions quite generous). It was a poor use of my meal plan to use it for Los Lobos vs the more expensive venues.

It may work for you, or not, but if you would rather pay out of pocket and it's early on your cruise and you haven't yet used up your meal plan, speak with them at the desk, otherwise they WILL charge it on the plan.

I echo not using the SDP for Los Lobos. I don't think you can order enough to make that a good deal. We literally rolled out of there and didn't spend close to $40.

Also had the experience where they used a meal instead of us being able to pay a la carte. Concierge had to do some fixing behind the scene as the restaurant said they couldn't fix it and to go to Customer Service. Not anyone's fault just didn't think to say that before we asked for the check.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app