7-Day Cruise with nothing but the clothes on our back?

cxxviii

100% Merino wool clothing is the greatest for travel. Do some research on it. Great for hot and cold weather and repells odor.

Sent from my A1R using Forums mobile app

Unless you are allergic to wool. Or linen; or silk--ok maybe not allergic to silk but very hot for me. Linen and wool extremely itchy. Wool actually makes a rash.

Winter clothes because they are only a few weeks away, and it still may be cold at home when they leave and come back. The winter clothes will be what they wear getting to and from the ship :D

We just came from a cruise to Panama Canal and we come from a COLD climate. -20 when we left. We took "0" winter clothes. We left our coats in the car and I wore jeans and t-shirt and sweater on the plane. I always take a sweater for the ship so that is nothing new. No need to take winter clothing

I can have cruised for a week with a carry-on size bag. It's not that hard if you limit shoe, are willing to do some laundry and use travel size toiletries. I buy some things like sunscreen that need to be larger in the embarkation port.

I would never do just the clothes on my back though--maybe you could layer a bunch of shirts, pants, shorts, undies, but why?

Clothing to buy on board is limited and except for tees, expensive. Same for toiletries.

I could probably do a backpack but don't want to. More hassle than it is worth.

As to winter wear, we fly out of a Omaha in winter and never take our winter coats (unless going to a cold destination.) I just layert-shirt, cardigan, light jacket, all of which I want on the cruise anyway.

For the small amount of time we are riding the shuttle from the parking lot (and it is heated) to the terminal, this works just fine. My husband usually wears his sport coat on the plane, so that's less to pack too.

13 pages...THIRTEEN. Some people take this board far too seriously. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I don't know. The more whimsical the topic with lots of pages, the less serious people take it.

It is the flame wars that go one for 20 pages that show how serious people take it.

This past February trip on the NCL Pearl, out of New Orleans, when we were unpacking my husband realized he forgot his new package of underwear at home. They did have packages of underwear to buy on the ship. They were not with the rest of the clothes but with the toiletries, near the liquor.

We also witnessed 3 suitcases fall into the water while boarding the ship. I'm assuming that this may happen pretty often because there was a net there to catch them. They were able to recover the suitcases, but I'm not sure how much could be salvaged (Mississippi River Water, yucky mud brown).

I don't know why you'd need winter AND summer clothes....

Ummmm, we didn't want to freeze our little behinds off as we left right after one of the recent nor'easters and returned to 30 degree weather, That's why.