Empress 3/4/17 - A TALE OF TWO CRUISES

LOL what a hilarious review! Loved it! :D

Thanks Mama. Glad yhou enjoyed it.

We cruised on NCL several years ago, and the food was so bad in the MDR that I was convinced they were trying to push guests into specialty restaurants. Sorry to hear that Royal is headed the same direction. We are on the Oasis in May after taking a break from Royal for a few years. Hope I won't be sorry I'm giving them another chance. Loved your review.

Sadly true Cleophus. I used to rave about the food in the MDR but the last two cruises have been reall downhill.

I loved your review!

Random (conspiracy theory) thought: Is the understaffing due to the impending repurpose of Empress (Tampa to Cuba)?

Thanks Big Red. Your theory is as good as any.

Loved your review. Good information tucked in with the humor. My first cruise, in 1993 was on the Nortic Empress. We knew nothing about cruising and had rough seas, but thought it was the prettiest ship ever. I had thought I would like to go on Empress Of The Seas again, but as I read reviews, I really don't. I'll be looking for more of your reviews.

Thanks Nana, glad you enjoyed the fun AND the warnings.

My other reviews are in my signature if you get bored or have insomnia.

John, excellent review. I was happy to read that you did not have a barf bag strapped to your face, except for your limited visits to the MDR.

I still need to finish my review but I'd much rather read yours. That's good time management IMHO.:)

Thanks A&L. I follow you too so get working.

I managed to stay just this side of Technicolor yawn this trip. Not sure if it was the Scopolamine or the Jack Daniels.

My first cruise, in 1993 was on the Nortic Empress. We knew nothing about cruising and had rough seas, but thought it was the prettiest ship ever. I had thought I would like to go on Empress Of The Seas again, but as I read reviews, I really don't.

Nordic Empress was our second cruise ship with RCI. We have been back on her twice since her return and have no regrets. Chops was excellent! I did a review here in the CC reviews after our first return cruise.

We won't be returning to cruise on her as long as Cuba is in the itinerary :(

Wait.......it was supposed to make sense?!?!!?!

A great read while I wait for my plane in Phoenix. ;). :D

Glad to help.

Of course, if we all put that Adventure adventure, you must be there next year.

John, excellent review. I was happy to read that you did not have a barf bag strapped to your face, except for your limited visits to the MDR.

I still need to finish my review but I'd much rather read yours. That's good time management IMHO.:)

A&L, I didn't use the bags but I did remember the definitions of Leeward (the side to throw up on) and Windward (the side not to).

Hi John,

Wow, I so enjoyed reading this review and was laughing out loud at times (at my desk at work)!! My husband and I have been on 5 Princess cruises and on this coming Monday, we too will be sailing on the Empress. We booked it mainly because of the price (having to pay 2 college loans for the next 10 years has set us back a bit), and our flights were pretty good too. We DO fly into Miami though, haha.. I will be wary of cab drivers and money mongers there...

We are celebrating me turning 60 and hoping that we have better luck getting drinks at the bars than you did. We won't be with Spring Breakers, so that's one plus I guess.

I'm prepared for the small ocean view cabin and showers and was happy to hear about all of the electrical sockets.. Funny how that was an interesting tidbit of info to me. I know that irons are taboo, but I am planning on bringing a steamer with me on the ship.

We will be sailing to Cozumel and Cocoa Cay as well. I really just want some beach and R & R to look forward to.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable review.. I am looking forward to our cruise and trying to go into it with an open mind.

All the best!

Patti :cool:

Hi, and thanks.

We were on the 3/4/17 Spring Break/Hang Over the Side

for Selfie Pics/Thong Abuse/Don't Care--We Won't See

These People Again Cruise.

Greg London show was awesome!

Hotel Director opened Royal Crown Lounge for

nightly diamond event, 5-8:30PM....apologized

over and over for the 'breakers manners'....

It was an interesting cruise to say the least.

Dodging the puke piles in the halls, and squeezing

past the 24 hr. door guards (guarding cabins of those

breakers who hung over the side to take Selfie pics).

We are going back on Empress at end of April.

Looks like we will have the ship to ourselves this

time.

Moving on!

Buying a Selfie Camera Stick.

:cool::cool:

Hi John,

Wow, I so enjoyed reading this review and was laughing out loud at times (at my desk at work)!! My husband and I have been on 5 Princess cruises and on this coming Monday, we too will be sailing on the Empress. We booked it mainly because of the price (having to pay 2 college loans for the next 10 years has set us back a bit), and our flights were pretty good too. We DO fly into Miami though, haha.. I will be wary of cab drivers and money mongers there...

We are celebrating me turning 60 and hoping that we have better luck getting drinks at the bars than you did. We won't be with Spring Breakers, so that's one plus I guess.

I'm prepared for the small ocean view cabin and showers and was happy to hear about all of the electrical sockets.. Funny how that was an interesting tidbit of info to me. I know that irons are taboo, but I am planning on bringing a steamer with me on the ship.

We will be sailing to Cozumel and Cocoa Cay as well. I really just want some beach and R & R to look forward to.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable review.. I am looking forward to our cruise and trying to go into it with an open mind.

All the best!

Patti :cool:

Thanks PMCK. Glad you enjoyed it or even found is useful.

Hi, and thanks.

We were on the 3/4/17 Spring Break/Hang Over the Side

for Selfie Pics/Thong Abuse/Don't Care--We Won't See

These People Again Cruise.

Greg London show was awesome!

Hotel Director opened Royal Crown Lounge for

nightly diamond event, 5-8:30PM....apologized

over and over for the 'breakers manners'....

It was an interesting cruise to say the least.

Dodging the puke piles in the halls, and squeezing

past the 24 hr. door guards (guarding cabins of those

breakers who hung over the side to take Selfie pics).

We are going back on Empress at end of April.

Looks like we will have the ship to ourselves this

time.

Moving on!

Buying a Selfie Camera Stick.

:cool::cool:

I missed the stuff you are talking about but I won't argue.

Thanks everyone.

By that time I was usually pretty bleary eyed. I blame my contact lenses.

I find that the salt air reallllllly affects my contact lenses, they get really foggy by the end of the night :halo:

Robert

Awesome Report! Going on Empress in May! Hopefully early enough to miss the schools letting out!

Thanks. I'll be curious to see if you experience the same crowds without spring break.

Too funny! Great review, will be on Empress 4/19 for RC's first sail into Cuba.

Wow. That should be interesting.

Thanks for the tales.

Thanks for the thanks.