Breeze Dry Dock Details Finally Posted

Shaded Lady

I just got off the Breeze on April 9. It was fine. Yes some of the carpets were a bit worn but look how much they get used. They were not "that" bad. I was watching for the slippery tiles that so many people complain about. No one from my family found them slippery even once. And we watched other people. We did not see anyone slip. Maybe they have already done something to address the issue. Sometimes things like the soap used for mopping can cause tile to be slippery. At a resturant near my house the tile floor was very slippery. We complained. The next time we went in the issue had been resolved. They responded to us that they changed their mopping technique.

• 2 weeks later...

The Breeze is starting her last week of drydock, apparently in Galveston instead of Freeport Bahamas as I've usually seen the ships do it. Does anyone have any idea where in the port of Galveston this is happening? The webcams don't show it anywhere in the port so I was wondering if someone knew.

The Breeze is starting her last week of drydock, apparently in Galveston instead of Freeport Bahamas as I've usually seen the ships do it. Does anyone have any idea where in the port of Galveston this is happening? The webcams don't show it anywhere in the port so I was wondering if someone knew.

The Breeze is in the Bahamas.

Very cool! Thanks!

I'm not sure where I read that the drydock was happening in Galveston (I looked for the post but can't find it now, maybe it was removed when the poster realized their mistake) but Freeport makes a lot more sense!

I can't wait to see it all bright and shiny and new!

Very cool! Thanks!

I'm not sure where I read that the drydock was happening in Galveston (I looked for the post but can't find it now, maybe it was removed when the poster realized their mistake) but Freeport makes a lot more sense!

Do you think they replace all the carpeting in all the rooms and stuff? Or just the main areas?

Do you think they replace all the carpeting in all the rooms and stuff? Or just the main areas?

From past experiences with this type of dry dock, the main walkways, public areas will get new carpet. The staterooms and halls will only get new carpet is it is in really bad shape. ( holes, major stains, or threadbare)

Very cool! Thanks!

When the Breeze went into Galveston this last week to disembark the passengers, they loaded a lot of supplies and started doing work right away while it was there in Galveston. They continued the work all the way to Freeport.

I like to gossip, and hope someone can indulge me. The big social media site who shall remained unnamed has a roll call for the October 1, 2017 sailing. Apparently the corporate page sharing dry dock updates has requested that no photos are shared to that group. Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I like to gossip, and hope someone can indulge me. The big social media site who shall remained unnamed has a roll call for the October 1, 2017 sailing. Apparently the corporate page sharing dry dock updates has requested that no photos are shared to that group. Anyone know why?

I wondered the same but the page you are referring to isn't the actual corporate site. The corporate site has a blue check mark to show it is the verified page for CCL.

The short answer for work being done in Freeport. The US sipping repair/building complex has long died off. At the end of the day high labor cost and sending jobs offshore took it's toll on the industry. Plus being registered in Panama they would incur a high tariff if the work was performed here.

I wondered the same but the page you are referring to isn't the actual corporate site. The corporate site has a blue check mark to show it is the verified page for CCL.

You've got me there! I have so many scenarios in my mind of the beef between the two admins, and they are all hysterical [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the location of the Alchemy bar? They'll keep the cantina bar too, right?

Alchemy Bar is where the Plaza Bar used to be, deck 5 next to Taste Bar on port side. You can see it on the deck plans on Carnivals website