Cruising the Greek Isles

swanmark

Hi Guys, we are thinking of trying a Greek Isle cruise, can you give us some advice about which are the nicest ships that cruise that area, thanks

What's "nice" for you may be different than what's "nice" for me.

That said, we'll be in the Greek Isles this April aboard Oceania Riviera.

Riviera was custom built for Oceania and serves about 1100 generally well traveled passengers with one of the best crew ratios in the industry. Along with the "best food at sea," there is a highly restrictive smoking policy and a selection of "O Life" perks (a choice of OBC, excursions or alcohol). O fares also include airfare (or credit), internet, beverages, specialty restaurants and stellar service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruises in that area are usually port intensive. I would worry more about the itinerary than the ship.

Respectfully disagree. Whether port intensive or a transoceanic cruise with multiple sea days, the ship is your hotel. Things like bedding, linens, meals, etc. can be real deal breakers for savvy travelers.

One only needs to peruse CC threads about different cruise lines to quickly get the picture of which lines would (as the OP put it) be "nice" for their particular tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think most of the major lines will have a ship sailing round some of the Greek islands in their itineraries, for instance Cunard's Queen Victoria.

If you want a ship which visits more islands and gives you the Greek experience, then Celestyal cruises (formerly Louis cruises) will give you smaller islands which other ships cannot reach; this line uses older ships, though, so might not be what you want.

Hi Guys, we are thinking of trying a Greek Isle cruise, can you give us some advice about which are the nicest ships that cruise that area, thanks

What do you want?

IMO the best lines are Sea Dream and Windstar with their small ships that go to islands that cannot support more than about 200 passengers at a time.

I have cruised the Med including the Greek Isles multiple times on several ships of the Princess Cruise Line, and will be again later this year. I like Princess because they are classy without being stuffy, and I have always found the service, food, and entertainment options to be great. I'm not interested in rock climbing walls, wave riders, etc, though some people like that stuff.

Truth is, there are a lot of different ways to define "the nicest". I think you'd need to give us some more information about what you are looking for -- otherwise everyone is just going to give you their own preference.

Are you looking for a smaller ship with a more unique itinerary? Or a larger ship with more entertainment options at night? How important is food? What length of cruise are you considering? What about cost -- budget, sky's-the-limit, or something in between?

If you really don't have an idea how to answer these questions, it might be a good idea to visit with a travel agent who can walk you through some of the options.