Planning FAR, FAR in advance :)

gigem_aggies

Husband and I are looking at a British Isles cruise in a few years to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Ideally, we'd spend a couple of days in London before sailing and a couple of days in Paris after.

I noticed that on one of the itineraries Paris was the last port and that the ship returns to dock in London at 5:00 am the next morning. While we could get back to Paris fairly easily, it seems like we could just get off the ship in Paris and stay there, therefore bypassing the return to London and whole disembarkation process. Does Princess allow this? What is this called and where would I find information about this?

Thanks so much!

I think they will let you leave early, but it must be planned in advance. No discount for missing last day.

Also, I believe the port you are talking about is Le Harve. It is out in Normandy two hours or more from Paris. Cruise ships cannot sail up the Seine River to Paris.

The ship doesn't actually dock in Paris. You'd probably have to get the train from Le Harve as that's where they usually dock. Paris is a few hours away.

You'd have to contact Princess to ask if you could disembark in France and make the arrangements direct with them if they allow you to do that.

The ship also doesn't dock in London either but Southampton, which is about 2-3 hours away. If you returned to Southampton, they have an airport there, so you could see if there are flights to Paris to save you returning to London airports. Just a thought as an alternative.

Congrats on your anniversary and have a great cruise. We did that cruise last year and although we live here, we saw some places we'd not been to and I ticked two things off my 'to do' list - the Titanic Experience in Belfast and Loch Ness where I of course saw Nessy!

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Husband and I are looking at a British Isles cruise in a few years to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Ideally, we'd spend a couple of days in London before sailing and a couple of days in Paris after.

I noticed that on one of the itineraries Paris was the last port and that the ship returns to dock in London at 5:00 am the next morning. While we could get back to Paris fairly easily, it seems like we could just get off the ship in Paris and stay there, therefore bypassing the return to London and whole disembarkation process. Does Princess allow this? What is this called and where would I find information about this?

Thanks so much!

Yes They do allow this. and if you want to do this you set it up with your travel agent. The only problem will be if you don't dock in la hevre This only happens when there is bad weather. We booked the train to paris and booked an airbnb house near the lourve. You might want more than 2 days in Paris, I only have 3 and we are booked solid.

Easy Peasy. We are doing just that this May. You or your TA will contact Princess and your cruise personalizer will reflect the change. I would suggest booking the train in advance as a precaution against selling out. You can do that 90 days ahead of time. The direct train will take you to Gare Lazare in about 2 hours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make sure you have Plan B in place in case the ship doesn't dock in Le Havre. There's never a guarantee that the ship will dock. You never know. I've been on cruises where they said ships never miss docking only to miss the port due to severe weather.

Yes They do allow this. and if you want to do this you set it up with your travel agent. The only problem will be if you don't dock in la hevre This only happens when there is bad weather.

Or, as happened on our cruise last spring, when the French dock workers are on strike.

Or, as happened on our cruise last spring, when the French dock workers are on strike.

There was advance notice on the strike, wasn't there? Didn't the ship make a foreign port stop at Zerbrugge? If that was the case, I'm curious if Princess allowed people who requested early disembarkation to get off there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was advance notice on the strike, wasn't there? Didn't the ship make a foreign port stop at Zerbrugge? If that was the case, I'm curious if Princess allowed people who requested early disembarkation to get off there.

Yes, there was a week's advance notice and the ship did go to Zeebrugge instead.

Those who had arranged to disembark at Le Havre were allowed to either disembark at Zeebrugge (and responsible for any transportation from there to their destination) or continue on to Southampton.