Freedom of the upsell

Might just say I'm not doing anything unless it's half price then hopefully they will leave me alone

Let us know how that works, I find they most often quickly move on to someone else.

My DH haggled them down to a 50% discount in Chops on our Vision of the seas cruise last month. He also managed 40% a Giovanni's Table. :)

Very interesting, even with the discounts they could not fill Chops grill but in future we will haggle more.

love sailing with RCCL

Very interesting, even with the discounts they could not fill Chops grill but in future we will haggle more.

love sailing with RCCL

I wonder if their inability to fill these restaurants anymore has to do with the reduction in food quality and the amount of charges they've slowly added to other things on the ship.

You can wear what ever you want in the lounges. I'm always in there with shorts and t shirts. They never say a word. And I don't care what other people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

....I thought I recognized you there....I must compliment you on your wonderful arm pit hair braiding......did they do that on the island?

You aren't even out the port yet! You know it does take time. I have had bags given to the porters together and arrived hours apart. It is possible the tag has come off or they want to check the contents with you. There are so many different possibilities. I can well understand your concern but I am sure it will be fine.

After one of my bags missed a flight I always split my clothes between 3 bags, some of everything in each just in case bag gets lost... Was first time I flew in to Florida day ahead of cruise, bag missed flight but made it to ship. I always fly in 1 day before cruise now, 2 in winter...

....I thought I recognized you there....I must compliment you on your wonderful arm pit hair braiding......did they do that on the island?

Reason lot of restaurants and eating establishments on Military posts don't allow tank tops...

We just got off the Freedom Saturday and had an amazing cruise. I agree the pestering to upsell was annoying. It happened every evening in the MDR. Be prepared to say "no" 4 or 5 times during dinner service for the galley tour, wine tastings, chef's table, and specialty restaurants. We had been pestered in the hallways before outside the Windjammer and in the Promenade, but never in the MDR like this before. It got annoying. They did offer us deals of up to 50% off if we booked our group, but we never did.

In terms of the missing bag.... one member of our family disembarked on Saturday and his large black suitcase with a big orange velcro strapped to the handle was nowhere to be found once ashore. Either RCCL lost it on the ship, in the terminal, or someone else picked it up (this could be done in error, but there were no similar bags left behind that would account for them taking the wrong bag and leaving their bag behind). 36 hours later and we still have no word on the lost bag yet.

Other than those items (and an insanely strong wind all week), our time on the Freedom was perfect. Great food, service, entertainment, ports, etc. Hope you have as wonderful a trip as we just did.

We just got off the Freedom Saturday and had an amazing cruise. I agree the pestering to upsell was annoying. It happened every evening in the MDR. Be prepared to say "no" 4 or 5 times during dinner service for the galley tour, wine tastings, chef's table, and specialty restaurants. We had been pestered in the hallways before outside the Windjammer and in the Promenade, but never in the MDR like this before. It got annoying. They did offer us deals of up to 50% off if we booked our group, but we never did.

In terms of the missing bag.... one member of our family disembarked on Saturday and his large black suitcase with a big orange velcro strapped to the handle was nowhere to be found once ashore. Either RCCL lost it on the ship, in the terminal, or someone else picked it up (this could be done in error, but there were no similar bags left behind that would account for them taking the wrong bag and leaving their bag behind). 36 hours later and we still have no word on the lost bag yet.

Other than those items (and an insanely strong wind all week), our time on the Freedom was perfect. Great food, service, entertainment, ports, etc. Hope you have as wonderful a trip as we just did.

Sorry to hear about your bag i always carry my own bags off now and would carry them on as well if they would let me.

We are on Freedom in June out of Barcelona and are on MTD so hopefully we will not be bothered there but now i know how much discount has been offered i will be fine tuning my haggling skills.

I sincerely hope you get your bag back safe and sound.

love sailing with RCCL