Thermal Spa question

I don't know which ship and itinerary you are on, but while on Epic transatlantic my wife and myself were using the thermal spa EVERYDAY, and we enjoyed it very much. We are in the middle of the ocean anyway and have a lot of time to pass.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I am considering spending the $200 plus 18% gratuities for the Thermal Spa access. Has anyone ever used it and do you feel it was worth it?

The Thermal Suite on the Escape is the largest in the fleet. Unlike her cousins the Breakaway and Getaway, the Escape has picture windows in the saunas allowing you to watch the sea as you "cook". It has the "fun" feature of a snow room where you can go (for a few seconds) after being in the steam room or sauna. We purchase thermal suite passes on all of our cruises.

We were on the Getaway a couple of weeks ago and booked a spa suite for the first time and used the Thermal suite for a couple of days. In my view it really depends on a few things. Our sailing was booked solid so there were very few deck chairs available and the Vibe was sold out, so the Thermal Suite was worth it on this trip. There was always plenty of seating, even on a sold out cruise, and it was much more relaxed there.

For us, we prefer the Vibe over the Thermal Suite, but that is just us. Really depends on what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

I am considering spending the $200 plus 18% gratuities for the Thermal Spa access.
Tell them I sent you and they'll waive the 18%. I just saved you $36! :D

Seriously (unless things have changed very recently) there is no additional 18% service charge on top of the price of the spa pass. Only for spa treatments.

We upgraded to spa balcony on the Escape in Oct. I'm not a "spa" person but loved it.

The hydrotherapy pool was amazing. Used it everyday as well as the hot-tub and heated loungers.

Sauna to snow room 👍!

I booked my first thermal suite on the Epic in January - I was in a studio and thought it might be a good additional 'quiet space.' I was a little hesitant since I'd never used one before. I ended up spending hours a day there, and learning that it's NCL's best kept secret. :D I would purchase a spa pass again in a heartbeat. Absolutely worth it.

• 2 years later...

It is very good.... but shhhhhhh! I don't want it filling to capacity or the prices rocketing!

On 3/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, hawkeyetlse said:

Seriously (unless things have changed very recently) there is no additional 18% service charge on top of the price of the spa pass.

There was definitely a 'service' charge on a day-pass for the thermal suite on Breakaway last year. Maybe not the case for the cruise-long passes though.

On this subject - prices keep going up - is there a ceiling whereby the experience will no longer be worth it? $500 for a couple for a week is looking steep.

22 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

It is nice but for me there is too much action on a week cruise to spend more then a day or two (two hours each ) there

O.K. But you are responding to a 2 1/2 year old thread with your observation. And, a some of the information on this thread is out of date and inaccurate (because it was a long dead thread).