Is there water that is not included in the Refreshment package.

I understand that "Still and Sparkling water" is included in the Refreshment package. I read somewhere on here that "Evian" is not included so my question is how do I know what water is and isn't included and how do I identify and avoid the latter?

I understand that "Still and Sparkling water" is included in the Refreshment package. I read somewhere on here that "Evian" is not included so my question is how do I know what water is and isn't included and how do I identify and avoid the latter?

When you go to a bar or restaurant and ask for water included with your package, they will give you the appropriate water.

Thanks Clarea. So what I'm gathering from your reply and from other threads is that if I don't specifically ask for "water included in the Refreshment Package" I stand a good chance of getting water that is not included and will be charged a premium. Is this correct? What about the water they are usually pushing at the gangway? Is that of the included or premium variety?

We spent 25 days onboard this winter with the refreshment package and were never charged for "premium water". Never asked for "water included in the package". What they have at the gateway at ports is what is included. Relax;p

Thanks Clarea. So what I'm gathering from your reply and from other threads is that if I don't specifically ask for "water included in the Refreshment Package" I stand a good chance of getting water that is not included and will be charged a premium. Is this correct? What about the water they are usually pushing at the gangway? Is that of the included or premium variety?

You give your SeaPass card to the crew member they see you have a package and give you the appropriate water.

Also, I do not think the Evian (not included in the package) is available for single bottle purchase. I believe it only comes when you buy a 12 or 24 bottle package, or of you use the water they leave in the stateroom.

We bumped into this "issue" last week on the Anthem. My dh had the UP and my dd and I both had the Refreshment. It was next to impossible to get Evian (small of large) at any bar (asked at almost every one then gave up) and in the MTD room. We politely asked where on the flyer and on line did it say that Evian wasn't included. But the answer was "it's just not included".

We had a couple of exceptions to this - in Chops and Jamie's and Coastal Kitchen when we had no issue at all ordering one bottle of each large San Pel. & Evian with dinner. We were not charged in any case. As well, the bar manager in the Solarium was very accommodating and would give me the small bottle the few times I asked specifically.

Okay I completely acknowledge that this is a silly, first world issue: not getting premium water. So we never caused a fuss or complained - I just didn't understand why I couldn't get it. We paid $900 Cdn for the packages, my dh could get a $13 glass of wine but not a bottle of Evian. I thought it was odd.

But do let me qualify it with the fact that we loved the ship and our first impressions of RCCL are extremely positive.

Just thought I'd add my two cents on our experience last week. [emoji97]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We spent 25 days onboard this winter with the refreshment package and were never charged for "premium water". Never asked for "water included in the package". What they have at the gateway at ports is what is included. Relax;p

Thanks bouhunter, but really? Relax? On Vacation? Absurd! :D (I'm about 10 hours from flight departure, then there's getting from FLL to hotel and hotel to pier and getting onto ship and then, MAYBE, I can relax)

Just present your sea pass card and ask for a bottle of water or a bottle of San Pelligrino. I have never had an issue getting either. Evian has never been included in the drink packages, it is the water in the water package. The bottled spring water included in the drink packages is typically ice river springs, zephyrhills or poland springs. The poster with the water issue on Anthem, created the issue by asking for something that is not included in the drink packages and then demanding that it was. I have used a refreshment package twice on Anthem in the last six months and never had anyone give me anything other than San Pelligrino or ice river springs water.

Just present your sea pass card and ask for a bottle of water or a bottle of San Pelligrino. I have never had an issue getting either. Evian has never been included in the drink packages, it is the water in the water package. The bottled spring water included in the drink packages is typically ice river springs, zephyrhills or poland springs. The poster with the water issue on Anthem, created the issue by asking for something that is not included in the drink packages and then demanding that it was. I have used a refreshment package twice on Anthem in the last six months and never had anyone give me anything other than San Pelligrino or ice river springs water.

Yep.

Do you have to go the bar to get water? Or is there an area where I can bring a cup or bottle and refill on my own? Thanks so much. First time on RC!

Windjammer, other food venues, your bathroom faucet.

Windjammer, other food venues, your bathroom faucet.
Thank you. I wasn't sure. Some cruise lines have water available 24/7 from fountains in a main area. Others, you have to go to the bar to get it. I guess I should have been more specific: Is there anywhere you can get self-serve water (aside from my bathroom tap), or do you have to go somewhere (bar, restaurant) to get it?

I am trying to determine whether to buy the water package, or I'll be able to just bring an empty bottle or large cup with me to refill. Water package is not that expensive, but $40 is $40.

Thank you. I wasn't sure. Some cruise lines have water available 24/7 from fountains in a main area. Others, you have to go to the bar to get it. I guess I should have been more specific: Is there anywhere you can get self-serve water (aside from my bathroom tap), or do you have to go somewhere (bar, restaurant) to get it?

I am trying to determine whether to buy the water package, or I'll be able to just bring an empty bottle or large cup with me to refill. Water package is not that expensive, but $40 is $40.

I've not seen public water fountains if that is what you are asking. Depending on the ship, there may a venue ot two that has self-serve glasses of water available.

Edited by clarea

I've not see public water fountains if that is what you are asking. Depending on the ship, there may a venue ot two that has self-serve glasses of water available.

Bob, yes, that was what I was asking. Thank you so much for your response.

Actually I didn't demand anything. I asked, nicely every time. I certainly didn't create an issue. I read the flyer and didn't see where it said Evian was excluded.

The poster said *asked*. They didn't say demanded.

Since they rolled out packages in late 2013 (that got tweaked recently but not in this area) Evian has not been included in anything but the plain water package. With the drink packages that include bottles water and other things it's more basic spring water. Not alps spring water.

Actually I didn't demand anything. I asked, nicely every time. I certainly didn't create an issue. I read the flyer and didn't see where it said Evian was excluded.

But did you see anything that said that Evian WAS included????

That's what everyone is getting at -- the package simply includes "bottled water", without specifying which brands of water are/are not included.

If you ask for a bottle of water and you receive a bottle of water, they have met their obligation for the package you bought.

If you tell us the ship you are considering, we can give you more specific info.

Bob, I thought that some of the ships now had "bottle filling" stations near the windjammer, and if memory serves it was the Oasis class?

Bob, I thought that some of the ships now had "bottle filling" stations near the windjammer, and if memory serves it was the Oasis class?

You could very well be correct. I've only had two cruises on Oasis class, so I could have missed that. Thanks for the update.

But did you see anything that said that Evian WAS included????

That's what everyone is getting at -- the package simply includes "bottled water", without specifying which brands of water are/are not included.

If you ask for a bottle of water and you receive a bottle of water, they have met their obligation for the package you bought.

In the cruise planner - the picture of the water bottle is an Evian bottle (they have removed the wrapper but their bottles and caps are distinctive).