Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Than you so very much seadog, for this wonderful thread. As everyone else has said, this has been the most amazing live thread. Just 7 more days till me and the family board Anthem but you've made it feel like I was along for the cruise this week. I hope you really enjoyed yourself and again, thank you for the thread and thank you for the questions answered and picture requests posted as well. Have a safe trip home.

Thanks for the great review Seadog. It brought back some great memories of our own Anthem Cruise 3 weeks ago. So after getting over my PCBs (Post-Cruise Blues), I'm feeling a pinch of the PRBs (Post-Review Blues) ;p

I think this is one of the best I've seen on CC. Maybe I can find another Gambee review to treat my PRBs :D

thanks again, and I hope I have the chance to buy you a drink some day.

dp

My friend's favorite wine is Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. Is this on the ship? That will decide if she buys the beverage package. And if yes, is it within the $12 per glass price? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was my sister's favorite drink on Anthem last week, so yes, they do have it! She didn't have the beverage package, so I can't answer your 2nd question.

Wow, thank you all for the kind words! I am really glad it was so enjoyable as I have enjoyed so many on here while I waited for trips.

So to finalize this report, I will look back to some of the recent questions when I have a few mins, but I see some have been answered already which is really great and what I love about CC! We waited to disembark in the Diamond Lounge around 7:15 and our number 3 tag was called at 7:35 along with tag''s 1-9. A short lineup to bing bong out and then grab our luggage and breeze through security we were at the parking garage at 7:55. This new garage seems like it could be a long wait if you disembark later in the morning as there was a line to use the elevators of about 50 people when we got there and paid. We waiting about 3 trips worth of the 2 elevators going up and down and were in our car and on the road about 8:20, and arrived home at 9:50.

Bags are cleaned out and wash is going, next is time to pickup the pups and get the house stocked with some food. Damn, going to miss having meals and drinks readily available by others :)

After each trip I promise to make a trip end video of the whole trip and to date I have not found time to accomplish that once back at work and the real word. So again with this trip, I hope to throw together a trip video of highlights and will post if I actually accomplish it.

Thanks again for all the positive vibes and I hope everyone, no matter when you sail, has an awesome time as we did! See everyone soon on the next report or in your reports!

There can be a long line at the garage elevators but there is also a pick up area on the ground level of the garage to the right of the pay stations. You can leave someone there with the luggage and then have the other person use the stairs to go get the car and back into one of the pick up spots to load the car and then head to the exit.

This is also the area that the porters take you to when you use a porter. The porters have a separate line in the terminal that bypasses the whole customs line and then they bring you to the pick up area and wait to load the car. Best money I have spent on a cruise!

My friend's favorite wine is Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. Is this on the ship? That will decide if she buys the beverage package. And if yes, is it within the $12 per glass price? Thanks

We always got Kendell on RC other ships. Last year they did not have it onboard I think I am going to e-mail and see if will be on our sailing. We always got wine package but they stopped offering it. So now we just bring what we can and buy bottles onboard which is very expensive. We do not like the wine they serve by the glass so we are stuck buying bottles. Last year we paid over 45 dollars for middle price wine:o

Well my husband and I are going in different lines and each bringing 2. Not that I promote this (so people don't jump all over me, lol) so hopefully it works. Also, putting 2 in our checked luggage, worst that happens is we have to go and pick up luggage.

Thank You Seadog for Never Forgetting

0952f259dee6db574382a03a16c1c500.jpg

5946339a61e02448429413a3e3dc880a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never saw that Monument-Thanks and Thank you for Never forgetting!! I get checked every year! People like yourselves, who Never Forget-give hope to the First responders who are sick! God Bless! Stay Healthy!

Thank you so much for taking us along on your vacation! Helps me relive our Anthem cruise of just a year ago (and that other social site is sending me daily memories, too) and helps with the cruise anticipation for December's cruise. Have two weekend trips in the meantime, but they're just NOT cruises (no matter how good a time is had)!

Hope you do the same daily reporting on your next cruise -- post the link here so I get a notification.

Happy Sailing!

What an awesome review! Thanks so much! We did the 12 night cruise on The Awesome Anthem last April. After 16 cruises, by far our best. 2 days after returning home we booked again for this April, another 12 nighter, 2 more weeks to go. Glad you enjoyed it, great pictures & video's. I just bought an iPhone 7 plus so I now know what great pictures it will take. Again, thanks!

Marg

Thanks for the review it was great following along .

Sorry to hijack this thread but u just have a question for @lmaggie416, can u tell me is it two formal nights on the 12 nights? Which night is the lobster night

Sorry to hijack this thread but u just have a question for @lmaggie416, can u tell me is it two formal nights on the 12 nights? Which night is the lobster night

Hi there,

Last year there were no formal nights. The only restaurant "formal wear" was required was in The Grand, where I believe they served lobster tails every night. The other 3 restaurants were casual. The complainers won and dynamic dining was replaced with my time dining. There are now 2 formal nights on a 12 night cruise and from what I've read, lobster is served on the second formal night.

Marg

There can be a long line at the garage elevators but there is also a pick up area on the ground level of the garage to the right of the pay stations. You can leave someone there with the luggage and then have the other person use the stairs to go get the car and back into one of the pick up spots to load the car and then head to the exit.

This is also the area that the porters take you to when you use a porter. The porters have a separate line in the terminal that bypasses the whole customs line and then they bring you to the pick up area and wait to load the car. Best money I have spent on a cruise!

Great to know, we will do that next trip out of Bayonne. Thanks again.

Never saw that Monument-Thanks and Thank you for Never forgetting!! I get checked every year! People like yourselves, who Never Forget-give hope to the First responders who are sick! God Bless! Stay Healthy!

Outstanding Tom! We all owe, and to this day owe tons to first responders and every profession who puts themselves on the line for the rest of us in a moments notice! Thanks for your service!

Thank you so much for taking us along on your vacation! Helps me relive our Anthem cruise of just a year ago (and that other social site is sending me daily memories, too) and helps with the cruise anticipation for December's cruise. Have two weekend trips in the meantime, but they're just NOT cruises (no matter how good a time is had)!

Hope you do the same daily reporting on your next cruise -- post the link here so I get a notification.

Happy Sailing!

What an awesome review! Thanks so much! We did the 12 night cruise on The Awesome Anthem last April. After 16 cruises, by far our best. 2 days after returning home we booked again for this April, another 12 nighter, 2 more weeks to go. Glad you enjoyed it, great pictures & video's. I just bought an iPhone 7 plus so I now know what great pictures it will take. Again, thanks!

Marg

Thank you both! Glad it was so enjoyable, and I hope you both have a great time on your respective cruises. As to reporting on our next cruise...hmmmm at this time I usually say I won't but when the time comes to embark I usually do. I will post a link here if I do a report in May.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Hi Seadog!! We ended up pulling an all nighter, but my hotel room was facing downtown and even leaning over the railing I couldn't get a pick of anthem coming in- did get one of the breakaway from hotel room 45dc09d537fc0506c692feef3d6964c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you had a great night and I love this picture of Breakaway! Happy Sailing this week Bermuda Bound!

Great review-- enjoyed seeing the ship and all the pics. We leave in 2 weeks on the 17th! So excited and feel I know a little about the ship now!! Thanks so much!

Thank you both! No worries about hijacking, that is why we do these reports to help with info and to live vicariously! Hope you both have great sailing on your cruises!