Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Good Morning Cruise Critics. We are heading out on the Anthem of the Seas today, our first sailing on her. This is our second sailing on a Quantum Class ship as we sailed Quantum two years ago around this time so we have some idea what we are in for.

Our last Cruise was back in November Celebrity Reflection ( which we placed in our top 5 cruises we have experienced to date and hope this one matches) and you can find the report for that trip here, (sorry some of the videos are now not linked as there was an issue with tapatalk and my youtube a bit back, but the photos and commentary are there):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419168

We plan to head up the Jersey Turnpike a bit later this am, and hope to have photos and videos of the trip and our boarding later today. As noted in the video preview, this is the 7 Day Florida and Bahamas Cruise. We have had the good fortune to have done this cruise on several lines, ( NCL and RCL) and this will be our 8 cruise on this route.

Be back soon with some further updates as we get closer to heading out!

Edited by seadog67

I'll be following as I'll be on Anthem in June. My first time on Quantum class. Have a great time and smooth seas!:cool:

Thanks lauren! You will have a blast in June! Weather should be much warmer then compared to what we are expecting... a cold damp sail down the Hudson:

Going to be chilly and possibly wet for embarkation. That is a nice combo for the drink of the day but not ideal for sail away :)

1dc2c188aa4893148e1fa0189fa9606f.jpg

Heading to hopeful nicer weather in Florida and the Bahamas later this week

1f7f6940f0ffda001097e80f434b08e2.jpg

0a424dca5ffb91928bcfb345ec618fb9.jpg

Either way cold and dreary or sunny and beautiful, there is no place I would rather be than on the sea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following. I'm on the Anthem next week for the first time. Thanks for your review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome aboard Luxurycruise2! The anticipation the week before a cruise is both exciting with anticipation and frustrating waiting at the same time. We have a cruise on Anthem booked for May to Bermuda, and thought we would be waiting until then to get back on a Ship. Just last week I was reading some of the awesome reports on Cruise Critic, ( I do not get on the boards between trips as much as I like), and those reports forced me, forced I tell you to look at cruises leaving sooner.

We found this one that did not require us to fly, but the website said there were only interior cabins left as we were so close to sailing, however our TA said they found a D5 Balcony with a Small Balcony for less than the interior cabins listed, so after deliberating whether to go at all for like, .0003 seconds we said book it!

We are on Deck 11 in a D6 cabin. We expected to be shut out of all speciality dining and any decent choices for My Time Dining times, but surprisingly, upon looking later that night after making final payment, we were able to obtain 2 nights in Chops, and 2 nights in Jamie's Italian, along with 3 nights in My Time.

We are looking to sample Michael's Genuine Pub as well, as I see they have the Deviled Eggs we enjoyed on the Quantum several years ago with a cold Pint!

We were not so lucky booking Shows, as most were booked, so we will do standby, and look forward to experiencing Two70 again, along with the RoboBar, and the bumper cars, and hopefully the Northstar! While our backs ache at the though of doing the Ripcord, my heart wants to try it, but I will have to be happy with just observing, which was much fun on Quantum.

So there seems to be tons to do this week, and I hope with the Zoom Internet, to be able to provide ample pictures and hopefully even better video's of many of the activities throughout the week.

I will be following. Happy cruising!!

Looking forward to your posts, sailing Anthem the end of April. First time on that class of ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks and welcome aboard Sharon I and pichjoe! Glad your along for the week:

BB8 reporting for duty!

0cc243b30bb3829c1391b36f596e8cd2.jpg

Mrs Seadog just commented, "did we pack for both this and May's cruise at the same time?", as our bags are overstuffed! Thank heaven we are not flying, but our dress up clothes may not come out unwrinkled :) we have been trying to reduce luggage especially when flying so lets see how this goes with one less bag as we test reducing luggage.

Sorry that today's weather is lousy but the next few days on your path look great. Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to following along. The Anthem looks like a great ship.

Thank you LuCruise! Yes it seems we should have nice weather as we go thankfully. Looking forward to sharing as much of Anthem as I can in the report!

I see from your signature, you are booked on the Symphony. The thread following the construction has us excited to book Symphony at some point, just as we need to try Harmony some time, hopefully if we are lucky sometime in the near future for both.

Sorry that today's weather is lousy but the next few days on your path look great. Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to following along. The Anthem looks like a great ship.

Also, just read through your Oasis report, at least to day 3 and love you report so far. Have marked it to finish up when I have more time. So many great reports on here, it really pumps one up for sailing!

Mr. Seadog, you are my favorite person right now! My family and I are sailing on Anthem for the first time (3rd cruise overall) next Sunday and I've had my fingers crossed so tightly that someone would do a live review! I've been neurotic about checking the boards, watching videos and looking at pictures of this ship. It's a surprise vacation for my two kiddos and it's been so hard being so very thrilled for this trip, but being unable to express it except for in hushed tones when the kids are out of earshot- haha!!

I am sad that you have gloomy weather leaving port today, but that'll just make the arrival into warm, sunny weather that much more appreciated! I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time, and I can't WAIT to read your adventures!

Thanks!!!!

Following! Enjoy your trip! Thanks for letting us follow along!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you jll !! Glad you are joining us!

Our route is set, hoping for light Sunday traffic:

00872bd4e1af7a4367ef29894ec9a5dc.jpg

Also, I apologize for any typos, I will do the best I can, as I will manly be posting on my iPhone and iPad. Also if I miss any post or question I also apologize up front, but try to do my best to answer everyone.

Mr. Seadog, you are my favorite person right now! My family and I are sailing on Anthem for the first time (3rd cruise overall) next Sunday and I've had my fingers crossed so tightly that someone would do a live review! I've been neurotic about checking the boards, watching videos and looking at pictures of this ship. It's a surprise vacation for my two kiddos and it's been so hard being so very thrilled for this trip, but being unable to express it except for in hushed tones when the kids are out of earshot- haha!!

I am sad that you have gloomy weather leaving port today, but that'll just make the arrival into warm, sunny weather that much more appreciated! I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time, and I can't WAIT to read your adventures!

Thanks!!!!

Just awesome spellkast! like I said previously anticipation is almost as good as the trip! Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast, and I am sure your little ones will have an amazing time, the ship looks like it has lots to keep them busy. While we are nowhere near young any longer, lol, we do consider ourselves big kids and love all the activities even if we do not participate in all of them. But the bumper cars, from what we remember from our Quantum Trip were a blast and we laughed the whole time riding around, so I am sure you will have an awesome time.

Thanks for joining us this week!

Good Morning Cruise Critics. We are heading out on the Anthem of the Seas today, our first sailing on her. This is our second sailing on a Quantum Class ship as we sailed Quantum two years ago around this time so we have some idea what we are in for.

Our last Cruise was back in November Celebrity Reflection ( which we placed in our top 5 cruises we have experienced to date and hope this one matches) and you can find the report for that trip here, (sorry some of the videos are now not linked as there was an issue with tapatalk and my youtube a bit back, but the photos and commentary are there):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419168

We plan to head up the Jersey Turnpike a bit later this am, and hope to have photos and videos of the trip and our boarding later today. As noted in the video preview, this is the 7 Day Florida and Bahamas Cruise. We have had the good fortune to have done this cruise on several lines, ( NCL and RCL) and this will be our 8 cruise on this route.

Be back soon with some further updates as we get closer to heading out!

Following, as we are taking this cruise Thanksgiving week. Soooooo long to wait!! Enjoy and thanks for sharing:cool:

Also, just read through your Oasis report, at least to day 3 and love you report so far. Have marked it to finish up when I have more time. So many great reports on here, it really pumps one up for sailing!

Ah thanks. Nice to know that someone still reads it. :-) (It was Allure but very similar ships). I totally agree. We book way ahead and reading other reports helps in the wait of your own.

Thanks everyone! We are on our way north on the NJ Turnpike

Made it to our normal rest-stop:

682a494c746db5da1e077c08b8739007.jpg

They have a memorial to John Basilone a WW2 hero. There is a bridge nearby in his honor as well:

cb7ea7b86ece69a9789cbac3fdeac3e3.jpg

47d97243c6ae47d14bc1003930a7102d.jpg

We are here, yes we are

a9593e2a73a15e7689aeb14c94e3e48c.jpg

Heading to

1946ed155734403d1c184c339c7f638c.jpg

30 mins left or so..

Following! We are booked for June on Anthem. It'll be our 16th cruise, I think, but first on this class. We usually sail on oasis class or Explorer size. So happy you're doing a review. Not too many reviews of Anthem out there, and most are negative, but I'm sure we'll have a great time, as will you. Some people just cannot be happy, no matter what. Anyway, enjoy!! We are driving as well, but from the other direction (Orange County, NY).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just in terminal -

Our first glimpse -

b7eb13874746c8a9ea295e650e2887c3.jpg

Short lineup to drop bags-

187eb07ece7f429aa94cc6aa25782029.jpg

After parking in the new to us parking garage built within the last couple years be sure to take your ticket with you to pay after the cruise before getting to your car-

b529203bf36545b9f2a30741aaff820f.jpg

Heading into terminal, see everyone from onboard-

1efb632434ef7acf5abfefb8a05944b0.jpg