Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Thanks a lot for the heads up about the propulsion issue and change of order of your ports. This gave us the opportunity to call Universal Studios to check on what happens if an issue like that occurs on our cruise in 2 weeks. Our cruise gets into port canaveral at 6am so we decided to do a private VIP tour of both parks, since with that experience we can ride anything we want without any wait. It gets booked for a specific date so if we were on your sailing, that would have been an issue for us. As it turns out, someone on your ship had contacted their VIP experience area about it today and when something crazy like that happens, they will change your date if there is availability on the new date or cancel the tour for you. I don't expect to have similar issues but now we know ahead of time, if there is a problem and change of itinerary like that, Universal will take care of us. I never would have thought of the possibility of missing that scheduled port in the US at this time of year but now am prepared for it just in case. Thank you very much.

Awesome, hope you guys have an awesome time! We love Universal! Great park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the wash room was great. That is also why no food pics of my sandwich as I took my pics after washing and eating so I did not touch my dirty phone and my sandwich lol great addition more so than the sanitizers.

After watching the wake I caught some action

I think they are still doing the 5 days to Bermuda, as we are booked for this May, but not sure how many after that.

Throughout the spring and summer seasons, or Bermuda season, the Anthem alternates every other cruise with 5 night Bermuda (Sat. departure) & 9 night Caribbean (Thur. departure) itineraries. Each cruise pair is exactly 2 weeks combined.

Day 2 Compass

8234ce8b2d5347fc444c26c1db684578.jpg

eb040a47fe7ecca9901dd00f5f5f6f67.jpg

2b44d830d971cc56701c546141ae8bd7.jpg

ccce209d7277553a942fab897971457a.jpg

b39356994fd657ea65b36e4f221b44dc.jpg

e2aeb45638cdb1d40d80a9c588e922db.jpg

Still looking to get the internet price per day confirmed but I think from what I have seen it is only pay as you go or a full trip package but I will check with the IT manager to be sure.

Also looking into dining packages question also.

Thanks - no need to find IT perosn. they will have the non package pricing at Guest Services.

Sue there is a 7600+ word review in my signature that I did of Anthem when we were on her last July/August. We are going back on her 4/29 for 7 nights.

Going to have to check your review Majestic. I have been to Bermuda on Breakaway in 2015 and love the 3 day stay there and I think you can visit Bermuda multiple times and still not see everything or ever be bored.

Checking back in, spent the rest of the afternoon sightseeing the ship:

Love seizing seadays!

7a20e28e1e57efa51e6f1d7de3aae1f7.jpg

Kids were having a blast!

59e5a412c633b2953d5761e92ebc2e49.jpg

Just do it!

4e894df29de6cb7eb67b84426635f178.jpg

It is a long way downnnn:

788e64b63b1d8f6af2e9080c069ef2c6.jpg

Theres my plane and car

c774fc4801a892bdd6ad23232bf3d72b.jpg

06b62b084263191377ece868350cfa82.jpg

Now we have an early dinner at Chops!

Chops:

30629c9fbc84f75ccab782801520cd81.jpg

c20d252c4209204ea4378a425e2390ae.jpg

c655c7fe2675196b00bff9606b4840cf.jpg

Starter Course

Pan Roasted Scallops 3.5 out of 5 Forks ( a bit overdone but ok)

ebdae0e720145deedf614954d5d86a21.jpg

Mrs. S Caesar Salad 4 out of 5 Forks ( very nice Caaesar Dressing)

33c04fd08033ce85c103e4b3b2be1016.jpg

Grilled Black Pepper Bacon (5 out of 5 Forks)

fd6cf78cfb3a4eaefa97f3fcbf4a7e5f.jpg

Jumbo Spicy Shrimp (6 out of 5 Forks outstanding, tender, Spicy and Large, sounds kinky I know lol)

3033834dc44a6488319342988e966f20.jpg

1.5 lb Lobster $21 upcharge ( 5 out of 5 excellent flavor and tender)

597501eaa58bd05da8ff7c3a7cfbd37a.jpg

Thanks - no need to find IT perosn. they will have the non package pricing at Guest Services.

For one day of internet only, it is $19.95 for the 24 hour period of purchase.

For one day of internet only, it is $19.95 for the 24 hour period of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to get this information.

PS - I am a big fan of the Anthem (and other RC larger ships.)

Enjoy your cruise and I will be following along.

PS - did they give more details on the mechanical issue?

Thank you for taking the time to get this information.

PS - I am a big fan of the Anthem (and other RC larger ships.)

Enjoy your cruise and I will be following along.

PS - did they give more details on the mechanical issue?

No problem at all! We love this ship as well, it is very crowded this week though. Patience is in a bit of order :)

Missed most of the sunset but caught the last vestiges

Now in to see the Gift. We are a bit late without reservations so are in the last row.

0927007c9689b138a617039c8f5744e2.jpg

Listened to easy listening tunes by Sean in Schooner

Looks like a fabulous second day!!! Those shrimp....oh my goodness...my stomach was growling just reading about their pervy perfection! :D

I've read quite a few complaints that the beds are really hard on Anthem- have you found that to be the case? Does anyone know if the crew can alleviate that somehow? I have back issues and hard beds make me feel like I'm 102. :/

Also, I have one other question if you don't mind: how far ahead of time do you recommend we get to activities in the seaplex (bumper cars, trapeze, roller skating) in order to be one of the first few groups to go? Do people start lining up an hour in advance, or is it more like you should just get there a few minutes before the scheduled time? Thanks so much!!!

Just saw The Gift. It is as an excellent upbeat stage musical that kept me awake the whole show. Modern music and a timeless story, may not be groundbreaking in general but better than most ship bored shows.

8.5 out of 10 Oscars

A few snippets

Edited by seadog67

Looks like a fabulous second day!!! Those shrimp....oh my goodness...my stomach was growling just reading about their pervy perfection! :D

I've read quite a few complaints that the beds are really hard on Anthem- have you found that to be the case? Does anyone know if the crew can alleviate that somehow? I have back issues and hard beds make me feel like I'm 102. :/

Also, I have one other question if you don't mind: how far ahead of time do you recommend we get to activities in the seaplex (bumper cars, trapeze, roller skating) in order to be one of the first few groups to go? Do people start lining up an hour in advance, or is it more like you should just get there a few minutes before the scheduled time? Thanks so much!!!

The Shrimp we veryyy good ;) lol

As to the beds, yes, compared to our pillow top at home they seem very firm at best. Mrs S concurs that they are not very comfortable and has already commented on it after the first night.

I find them to be ok but firm and they do not bother me as much. I can ask our Stewart if they provide an egg crate cushion upon request to see what he says.

On your last point, some activities in the seaplex, at least on quantum had very long lines and were first come first serve. The ship was much newer then so maybe the novelty has worn off those activities but probably not. We plan to check that area out if not tomorrow then one on the last days, so check back and I will give impressions.

General Thoughts:

Someone earlier asked about the noise level on deck 11 port side aft cabin areas. Not much noise from above except a few steps every now and then, I believe there are cabins above us.

Our cabin does creak quite a bit that we have noticed, and we are in relatively calm seas, and the creaking is very noticeable for a newer ship.

Just an fyi and nothing cruise breaking by any means but definitely something we noticed compared to some of the other ships we have sailed.

Glad you are enjoying Sue! We have sailed Breakaway many times! Love the 3 day Bermuda stays, they are the best, have a blast!

Sea dog, were you on Breakaway last year May 2016 to Bermuda? Think we were with you. We're taking Anthem there in October this year.

Sea dog, were you on Breakaway last year May 2016 to Bermuda? Think we were with you. We're taking Anthem there in October this year.

No not last May. We did not make Bermuda last year. We last did August 2015. Have a great time, breakaway is great!