Thoughts on the fantasy upgrades

NOSaints1

I haven't sailed a Fantasy class is 05 (the Fantasy), I would if everything lined up right for a short cruise. I think they are perfect for that. Longer cruises I need the balcony, I use it quite a bit.

I love the smaller Fantasy class, and that is before even having done one with the 2.0 upgrade. The only thing I wish they had that the newer ships have is the larger entertainment shows. Other than that, I'd be just as happy, if not happier, to sail on a Fantasy class vessel. I hope Carnival can keep them around for a long time.

I wish Carnival would diversify their short cruises out of Mobile/Galveston/NOLA. But I don't guess it's possible/feasible

Most of Fantasy's 5 day sailings in the future are going to Costa Maya. That has not been offered very often from the Gulf Coast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did the Fascination get the 2.0 upgrade? We are on her in September. I looked at the deck plans but it did not have any of the upgrades on it. Is there a more up to date website I can look at to see deck plans? Any help is much appreciated.

We have been on fantasy, triumph and dream class ships. We enjoyed them all. We like the smaller ships, 5 days cruises which for us is perfect and the value we get. We are going on the fantasy this oct and paid what we consider very little , we have spent more just getting away for the weekend in our home state. We like the dream but the value we get for a 5 day cruise on a smaller ship normally means we can cruise more than once a year.

This is how we feel as well! 2 five nights is better than 1 7 night :) And the Fantasy class is still a great holiday!

I believe they do offer steakhouse selections in the MDR for a cost each night. I've never taken advantage nor have I eaten in a steakhouse aboard the larger ships.

20.00 for an entree versus 35.00 for a five course meal and tasting spoon is really not a comparison.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I wish Carnival would diversify their short cruises out of Mobile/Galveston/NOLA. But I don't guess it's possible/feasible

Short cruises can only go so far. It used to be that in order to go to the southern Caribbean, you would have to sail out of San Juan or on a 10+ day cruise. You can now visit Aruba, Curacao, etc on 8 days out of Miami.

Most of Fantasy's 5 day sailings in the future are going to Costa Maya. That has not been offered very often from the Gulf Coast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you go to Costa Maya...Check out Maya Chan, an all inclusive with rave reviews in the ports of call board for 59.00 pp including transportation from the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
I just wish they would sail to more ports than just Cozumel or Nassau

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Fantasy has two 6 day, an 8 day and a 10 day scheduled for next year.

If you go to Costa Maya...Check out Maya Chan, an all inclusive with rave reviews in the ports of call board for 59.00 pp including transportation from the ship.

Check on their sea grass situation first...When we went, it was piled so high they couldn't keep up with it. The water was brown and murky, and there was a strong nasty smell everywhere. The facilities were fine, the food was very good, and the drinks ok...the location was unfortunate though. We stopped at Mahahaul to shop on he way back, and the beach looked and smelled WAY better. The beach at the dock was WAY better. I have to think this isn't that uncommon a situation there. They shouldn't have opened in that condition. I wasn't spoken to at the meeting location about the conditions - Nor was my email answered a few days prior, so I assumed the best. My mistake...pretty much a wasted day.

The facilities were fine, the food was very good, and the drinks ok...the location was unfortunate though. We stopped at Mahahaul to shop on he way back, and the beach looked and smelled WAY better. The beach at the dock was WAY better. My mistake...pretty much a wasted day.
I guess 1022 out of 1110 reviews on TripAdvisor as well as countless people on Cruise Critic must be wrong about this place. I guess it must really be a wasted day for many, such a waste that they pick a particular cruise so that it stops in Costa Maya so they can be a repeat client.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g499450-d3844947-Reviews-Maya_Chan_Beach-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Here are the reviews about Mahahual from TA: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g499450-d3741187-Reviews-Mahahual_Beach-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I guess 1022 out of 1110 reviews on TripAdvisor as well as countless people on Cruise Critic must be wrong about this place. I guess it must really be a wasted day for many, such a waste that they pick a particular cruise so that it stops in Costa Maya so they can be a repeat client.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g499450-d3844947-Reviews-Maya_Chan_Beach-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Here are the reviews about Mahahual from TA: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g499450-d3741187-Reviews-Mahahual_Beach-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

SNJCruisers - please ignore my previous post, as well as this one, since you know everything already. TIA

I haven't been there 1110 times, but I WAS there on April 24th, and the entire area smelled terrible - sewage-like smell from the decaying grass and trash washed up VERY high everywhere. The resort was doing what they could do to keep their area clean, but they cant clean the water or surrounding area, nor could they keep the smell out. All I can say is I would have liked it if I had been given a better heads up about the conditions.

Again, If you don't like my report, then ignore it. I think the property owners are doing everything they can do, and I have NO complaints about the facilities or service. It's just unfortunate that the conditions can be bad there because of the currents and location.

We have been on 3 Fantasy class ships, as well as Triumph and Conquest class. We are booked on Elation this November and are really looking forward to it.

The larger ships are nice and have a good bit more room for extra restaurants, shops, etc., but the Fantasy class ships just feel "comfortable" to us. That said, we are REALLY looking forward to having Guy's and Blue Iguana!

We have sailed on Ecstasy, Fascination and most recently Elation. We love the smaller Fantasy class ships. Each time we come aboard its like coming home, we know the layout, no need to go exploring the first day to get our bearings. They all seem to be well maintained. The crew is constantly repairing and cleaning. Elation did not have all the 2.0 upgrades when we sailed but it was still a lot of fun.

I stopped sailing the Fantasy class ships 10 years ago because I thought they were old back then.

Today, after being on Conquest class ships maybe 15+ times, I'm starting to outgrow them. I liked the Magic and Vista, as well as NCL's Breakaway. I have the Horizon booked,, and I'm hoping to sail both the Celebrity Reflection and the Celebrity Edge in the not so distant future.