Royal Princess - fabulous cruise, food

Diver2014

Just off the Royal Princess yesterday from 10 day south Caribbean. Loved it. Beautiful ship, friendly staff, absolutely awesome food (I know, I know, food is subjective but this ship really had outstanding food!). No need to eat at specialty restaurants, the Horizon Buffet and Symphony Dining Room had some of the best food I've had (this was cruise number 33 and second time on Princess). The variety was fabulous (I love trying out Indonesian, Chinese and Japanese cruisine without worrying about paying for something if I don't like it but there was nothing I didn't like). Lobster/prawn dish on 2nd formal night was outstanding. Best dish I had was sauteed garlic shrimp with jasmine rice. Probably the best meal I've ever had on a ship or even on land. Servers were fabulous. Cabin steward got a 10 from me - in when we were out and out when we were in). The masseuse (Jeannette) in the spa was spectacular. First time I've slept through the night without leg pain after getting 2 treatments and a hot herbal bath from her. I'm tired from all the shore excursions but it's a happy tired. Would definitely recommend Royal Princess. Note: not for families though - mostly 'mature' passengers onboard. Activites are geared towards older folks. We chose Princess because of the ports but I liked not having tons of kids running all over the ship and taking over the hot tubs and pools.

Sounds great - thanks for your review. We leave next Sunday! I was debated about the massage due to the hard sell they usually give you - did Jeanette do that too? If not, i'll ask for her :):)

Sounds great - thanks for your review. We leave next Sunday! I was debated about the massage due to the hard sell they usually give you - did Jeanette do that too? If not, i'll ask for her :):)

No hard sell from her although she did ask if I wanted to add 'hot rocks' to my massage and I just politely declined and that was it. I ended up buying the Elemis bath treatment and herbal oil at ungodly prices because I think they helped immensely with my leg pain. I've been using them at home for a couple of days now and have had no leg pain so there must be something to it. First time ever I've had a massage but I now think it was worth what I thought was outrageously priced.Jeanette was very soft spoken and was very likeable from the moment we met. I felt like a personal friend by the time we left the ship. She called me the day after my massages to inquire about my leg pain and that impressed me. She seemed to be a very caring and professional.