Favorite cozumel excursion/place to go

bobbismith

Cozumel is one of our favorites! The first time we did a private excursion where we were picked up in a jeep and went snorkeling, to the lighthouse, lunch at a wonderful restaurant and played at the most beautiful beach ever. Second time we did a carnival excursion to Playa Del Carmen where we went swimming in the cenotes, swam with turtles and had a great lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just came back from a 4 day on the Victory and we did the Passion Island excursion. It was $65 per person and that includes transportation by boat, food, drinks, and activities on the beach. It was a great time! I would do that same excursion again. I also talked to another passenger that did the All Inclusive Chankanaab excursion, which was my 2nd choice. They told me that they really enjoyed that too!

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Nachi Cocom

Mr. Sanchos

El Cid

Passion Island

Just hop in a cab and ask to go downtown to the Mall

Hop a flight/boat to the mainland

Cozumel has endless potential. Good thing since so many of our cruises port there.

We went to Mr Sanchos and it was the best day of our trip. I think it's $50 pp for the all inclusive side. All you can eat food and drinks. They make sure your taken care of all day. Plenty of other stuff to do as far Beach toys and other activities . It was really fun and made for a enjoyable day.

Mr Sanchos. Went there again last week. Make reservations early. They sold out of the all inclusive and didn't allow anyone in that didn't have one. They made the pay as you go side AI as well so there weren't any PAYG customers. Even with 6 or 7 ships in port, it wasn't crowded and service was excellent. No wait for taxis either way. It was the highlight of everyone's cruise.

Edited by firemanbobswife

usually Cozumel is a Shopping Day for me

I like to go to the mall and shop around the port area. usually go to Carlos & Charlie's or Senor Frogs for Lunch

Did a carnival dolphin swim excursion in Cozumel once (about 12 years ago, so they may be much better now) but back then, it was definitely overpriced- you basically just stood on a platform and pet the dolphin. they didnt allow underwater cameras so if you wanted the picture of the dolphin giving you a kiss you had to buy it

Won the dolphin encounter last July, Way over priced. They wont even allow ANY cameras within a football field of the dolphins plus they have the dolphin face away from the shore so no chance from telephoto lens.

We were with a family of 4 that paid over $1200 for encounter and pics. Ahh NO WAY!

Mr Sanchos. Went there again last week. Make reservations early. They sold out of the all inclusive and didn't allow anyone in that didn't have one. They made the pay as you go side AI as well so there weren't any PAYG customers. Even with 6 or 7 ships in port, it wasn't crowded and service was excellent. No wait for taxis either way. It was the highlight of everyone's cruise.

That sounds very strange. Was it Texas Spring Break week?

That sounds very strange. Was it Texas Spring Break week?

No idea. We had people from WI and OH that were on Spring Break. We had to show our taxi driver our reservation papers and he in turn had to show it to the guy out in front of Mr Sanchos. As soon as we told him where we were going he asked if we had reservations because they weren't letting anyone in unless you did. So word on the street must have been out.

When we paid and got our bracelets, our guy headed towards the PAYG side and I asked him why we were going over there, that AI was to the right. He said no problem we can go there, but both sides are AI today. No PAYG customers. So we gladly went left and sat in front of the inflatables since about half of our group paid for them. It was a perfect day.

I also remember a few days to a week before our cruise, some people that joined our FB page tried to make reservations and they were told no as they were full. So book early!

No idea. We had people from WI and OH that were on Spring Break. We had to show our taxi driver our reservation papers and he in turn had to show it to the guy out in front of Mr Sanchos. As soon as we told him where we were going he asked if we had reservations because they weren't letting anyone in unless you did. So word on the street must have been out.

When we paid and got our bracelets, our guy headed towards the PAYG side and I asked him why we were going over there, that AI was to the right. He said no problem we can go there, but both sides are AI today. No PAYG customers. So we gladly went left and sat in front of the inflatables since about half of our group paid for them. It was a perfect day.

I also remember a few days to a week before our cruise, some people that joined our FB page tried to make reservations and they were told no as they were full. So book early!

Well thanks!

Good to know and I am glad to hear they were taking steps to limit this year because I remember posts complaining before - maybe last year at Spring Break

Was it the though Carnival?

Yes the Salsa, Salsa and Margarita tour we booked thru Carnival. I had called the company directly and they told me they only take reservations thru the cruise line. It was a lot of fun

I did Passion Island by Twister through Carnival. It was $99.95 per person from the Triumph in February 2017. You are taken to the island in a 20/25-person speedboat that does 3 or 4 spins on the way to the island and 3 or 4 spins on the way back.

I was absolutely soaked by the time we got to the island. Sit in the left end seat in the last row if you want to get pounded by water. Sit in the middle of the middle row if you want to be a little less wet. I should have put my waist length hair up because it was a tangled mess. It took 30 minutes to brush it out when I got back to my cabin.

They take two pictures right after getting to the island. It costs $20 to buy both.

Not all drinks are included. There is a free bar near the buffet. The cash bar and fresh coconut stand are closer to the chairs. A fresh coconut is $8, and a fresh coconut with rum is $10.

The water hammocks were fun, but I couldn't just relax. I had to sit up and brace myself. If I didn't the waves would have washed over me and tossed me out. To me that was part of the fun.

Getting onto the climbing wall inflatable was impossible for me. It kept on tilting with each wave and there is no ladder. I didn't have the upper body strength to get my feet onto the first foothold. I was just kind of hanging there.

The water trampoline was easy to get onto because it has a short ladder. They don't want you going head first down the slide. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get from the trampoline to the top of the slide feet first. Yet the men and boys on there figured it out.

People that do the Twister version are the last groups to get to the island and are the last to leave the island. My boat(there were two that day) got the island to ourselves for about two hours.

I have been dragging my feet for booking excursions. We leave in 6 days! I wanted to book direct through the cruise line but it is so much more expensive. I was looking at Sanchos. I am a family of 5 and nervous to have to be split up in 2 different taxis. Any tips? Is Cozumel calm or is it the image in my head of bad things happening?

Cruisin with the kids

I have been dragging my feet for booking excursions. We leave in 6 days! I wanted to book direct through the cruise line but it is so much more expensive. I was looking at Sanchos. I am a family of 5 and nervous to have to be split up in 2 different taxis. Any tips? Is Cozumel calm or is it the image in my head of bad things happening?

Cruisin with the kids

Mr Sanchos is great. No need to be split up. They have vans that will fit you all.

Cruisin with the kids

Hundreds of taxi vans for 8 available in Cozumel. Just go to dispatcher at the port. There will be a board with prices and confirm price with driver before you leave. (Price is higher for different size groups - it is listed and is total per vehicle, not per person.)

On leaving Mr Sanchos taxis will again be waiting or they will call one. Be sure to remember which pier you are docked at - there are three in Cozumel.

Nachi Cocom - All Inclusive for $55. They only allow 135 people in there max but never seen more than 60. Great beach, great facilities, awesome food and drinks, spectacular service right at our palapa, cool pool with pool bar, and they just added some new lockers, showers, and beach bar. We love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolute favorite: SCUBA diving. You can get an "intro to SCUBA" package if you are not dive certified and they will give you about 20 min of instructions on land, take you to the shallows to get comfortable, and then out into deeper water (how deep depends upon you comfort level) and you will be led by your instructor until time to come up. You will not want to do that! We have been snorkeling many times and there is no comparison. Pictures and videos cannot capture the experience adequately. Cozumel is the best place for this since the reefs come right up within swimming distance of the shoreline. You will never forget it.

If you are not so adventurous (my wife is not, I dive with my son) then the beach day excursions are the way to go. I just wanted to mention this in case.

I did a land vacation in cozumel. So many great things to see, especially on the wild side of the island. San gervasio ruins are nice, El cedral, and fun shopping. You can grab a cab and do a custom tour. On our cruise that is our plan. I want to do the tequila farm this time and show my family the other great things I saw last time. Chaunkanaab is a wonderful beach too with so many other activities.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Forums mobile app