Solarium Bistro

On Harmony it far surpassed the MDR. I made online reservations for midweek and we were so pleased we went back two more times for dinner. The plated entrees were good, but the appetizer buffet was amazing!

Hi Clarea and thank you for that info! I am booked 3 nights Chops, 2 nights Jamie's, one night 150 Central Parc (may consider cancelling last night in Chops if we want to go back here), cancelled my reservations due to the menu in Wonderland, its just not for us, I must be gluten free, don't like raw seafood and my other half has to be sugar free the menu doesn't fit us although the experience sounds inspiring but we cancelled...which leaves us one evening and I am going to Solarium Bistro! I just booked it before sending this!:D

Hi Clarea and thank you for that info! I am booked 3 nights Chops, 2 nights Jamie's, one night 150 Central Parc (may consider cancelling last night in Chops if we want to go back here), cancelled my reservations due to the menu in Wonderland, its just not for us, I must be gluten free, don't like raw seafood and my other half has to be sugar free the menu doesn't fit us although the experience sounds inspiring but we cancelled...which leaves us one evening and I am going to Solarium Bistro! I just booked it before sending this!:D

Be sure to double check the menu when you get omboard, it might be different that what I posted.

We were on Harmony last wk and the Solarium Bistro was free. We had reservations made in advance. We loved it. As a previous poster said it has a Mediterranean feel and a wonderful appetizer and sides buffet. Worth doing IF it's fee. We are not ones to do the speciality restaurants that charge. We are not foodies and the extra charge for us is foolish. For free, loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No. Our menu was quite different. Now you are going to ask me what was on our menu and I have no clue! Bit of tequilla since then! I know we both had a grilled shrimp entree. They hd hummus on the buffet and a shrimp/rice dish which was excellent. I warned you we are not foodies! :). Sorry!

LOL its ok I can always cancel and probably go to Vintages....we were planning on going for lunch at Vintages one day and Sabor another, but dinner be good also at Vintages if we don't like or care for the Solarium Bistro Menu.

We had a reservation for solarium bistro dinner in Anthem, last week.It was free. Contrarely to all the reviews we read, it was the worst meal that we had during ....our cruise history. Really!And we love all the food aboard all the ships...i believe that we just were unlucky with the food an service ;) The buffet was mediterranean style (....living in the mediterranean I was not impressed, it is our daily food at home, but with less flavour in the Bistro), we, and the other people sitting around us, waited +- 45 for the entree (the restaurant was not full at all, maybe 20 people), my kebab was cold and with no flavour, the rice had no flavour too, like rice and water and nothing more and my husband's shrimp had the size of one apetizer dish...But, once again , this was our experience that is different from the others, the dinner was free, there are lots of other places to eat, plenty of variety so it was not a big problem :) During the day the bistro was fantastic!

We had a reservation for solarium bistro dinner in Anthem, last week.It was free. Contrarely to all the reviews we read, it was the worst meal that we had during ....our cruise history. Really!And we love all the food aboard all the ships...i believe that we just were unlucky with the food an service ;) The buffet was mediterranean style (....living in the mediterranean I was not impressed, it is our daily food at home, but with less flavour in the Bistro), we, and the other people sitting around us, waited +- 45 for the entree (the restaurant was not full at all, maybe 20 people), my kebab was cold and with no flavour, the rice had no flavour too, like rice and water and nothing more and my husband's shrimp had the size of one apetizer dish...But, once again , this was our experience that is different from the others, the dinner was free, there are lots of other places to eat, plenty of variety so it was not a big problem :) During the day the bistro was fantastic!

That is what we experienced on Harmony as well - really surprised how people rave about it - we cancelled our other free reservation when we left the place.

I think if you are used to European food and not only US fast food - the buffet is worth than the WJ and the overall quality is less than the MDR with less options....

Thank you, I won't go, the reason why we don't eat in the MDR is that we don't care for the food, service, etc...its like a banquet hall, if there is any chance the Solarium is not that good, I rather just not go and choose another specialty restaurant.

Thank you, I won't go, the reason why we don't eat in the MDR is that we don't care for the food, service, etc...its like a banquet hall, if there is any chance the Solarium is not that good, I rather just not go and choose another specialty restaurant.

"Not that good" is very subjective. Try it once and make your own judgement.