Rollaway

NancyL2

Yes, an extra bed. Daughter and her husband will have master bedroom. I (70) was thinking of taking the second bedroom. Grandson and his girlfriend in the main room....one on the sofa and hoping to get a rollaway for his girlfriend. I know the room sleeps six.

I'm not judging. Im suggesting that being in a suite that has beds for 6 with only 4 guests and then asking for another bed isn't really necessary.

Some people are far too sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From my experience on these boards, the 2 bedroom suites tend to be used by 2 generation family units, or those with kids as the 3rd generation, so questions about sleeping 3 generations of adults (or in my case, 3rd generation being a baby) don't get a lot of responses.

My suggestion is to call NCL or your TA and as this question. The sooner you ask, the more time to have to make plans in case the answer is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wondering if we can get a rollaway for the two bedroom haven suite?

If you can't get a rollaway, you can take the mattress off of the pull down bunk in the second bedroom and put it on the floor elsewhere. It would be lower to the ground, but no less comfortable than sleeping in the bunk. I hear of people doing that all the time for small kids they don't want sleeping up high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, what a bunch on non-sense on this thread so far.

OP - what ship? We had a roll away on the Star 2011 in the DOS. We sail with me, DW, DS, DD in suites. Heard a few years later NCL doesn't have roll aways anymore. Well, that is not entirely true. I'd have to think but for sure March 2016 we were on POA and upon meeting butler and him seeing that the kids would have to share a large pullout couch he asked if we wanted a rollaway we said yes.

The rollaways we've had always have been the same (with wheels) and I've laid on them and they are comfortable.

So OP, good luck, they do exist but not sure about your ship.

I should add the wheels were only on one end. Also, after the poster (around 2014) said no more rollaways, there have been posts about them.

Also, to address the question about where to put them, that really depends on the room. In a SC or H4 there probably isn't a ton of room for them but you could probably find a spot.

If they still exist, they would only be on the older ships. Newer builds don't have them, afaik.

They really are a mystery and not discussed much. There was a very reliable poster who mentioned IIRC around 2014 they were no longer around. I did see at least one post about someone getting one after that point and we got one last year. I'd have to do some searching to find what ship(s) have had them since.

NancyL2 - I'm only guessing here, but I'm not sure NCL shoreside would really be able to give you accurate info as they aren't all that informed. I'm thinking it is really going to be a roll of the dice once you get on the ship and ask the butler.

Surely NCL would have extra mattresses on board, in fact, nice and new ones.

You'd want to tip your Steward a lot extra, but why couldn't you - probably once on board - ask your Butler/Steward/Concierge to help get an extra twin mattress.

Then stash it in the main BR, between a wall and the bed during the day.

Obviously, a LOT more work for the steward, to unmake/make/move/move back each day, but... perhaps offer a nice tip upfront as a thank you for the extra help, and then more at the end.

(When we have extra requests, we try to handle it this way. We don't want anyone wondering if this is "one of those times" they won't get any show of gratitude/graciousness for going above and beyond.)

The head of Housekeeping would be someone else to ask. That person would probably have the final say, plus the so-called "keys to the extra mattresses" :)

Just be prepared in case the answer is a "no". That's always safer, of course.

EDIT: Or, Duh! - do this with that bunk mattress!

Wow, what a bunch on non-sense on this thread so far.

OP - what ship? We had a roll away on the Star 2011 in the DOS. We sail with me, DW, DS, DD in suites. Heard a few years later NCL doesn't have roll aways anymore. Well, that is not entirely true. I'd have to think but for sure March 2016 we were on POA and upon meeting butler and him seeing that the kids would have to share a large pullout couch he asked if we wanted a rollaway we said yes.

The rollaways we've had always have been the same (with wheels) and I've laid on them and they are comfortable.

So OP, good luck, they do exist but not sure about your ship.

Thanks for answering politely....much appreciated. We will be on the Jewel. If we can't get a rollaway I think the suggestion to take the mattress from the pulldown will work for us. Thank you to whoever suggested. :)

Surely NCL would have extra mattresses on board, in fact, nice and new ones.

You'd want to tip your Steward a lot extra, but why couldn't you - probably once on board - ask your Butler/Steward/Concierge to help get an extra twin mattress.

Then stash it in the main BR, between a wall and the bed during the day.

Obviously, a LOT more work for the steward, to unmake/make/move/move back each day, but... perhaps offer a nice tip upfront as a thank you for the extra help, and then more at the end.

(When we have extra requests, we try to handle it this way. We don't want anyone wondering if this is "one of those times" they won't get any show of gratitude/graciousness for going above and beyond.)

The head of Housekeeping would be someone else to ask. That person would probably have the final say, plus the so-called "keys to the extra mattresses" :)

Just be prepared in case the answer is a "no". That's always safer, of course.

EDIT: Or, Duh! - do this with that bunk mattress!

Thanks for taking the time to give a nice reply...much appreciated. If we can't get a rollaway, will most likely take the mattress from the fold down bed. :) Not to worry....I'm a good tipper.

Thanks for taking the time to give a nice reply...much appreciated. If we can't get a rollaway, will most likely take the mattress from the fold down bed. :) Not to worry....I'm a good tipper.

Hope it works out.

(We've had the Head of Housekeeping help us a couple of times with special supplies for a special situation.)

I'm not at all sure about the attitudes above. :confused:

I can easily imagine situations where, for example, couples really want/need separate beds, when only a non-divideable double/queen/king is available, as but one example of personal preferences.

Not sure whose business that is other than the guests and housekeeping staff...

Ditto who gets a private bedroom/bathroom or not.

Enjoy your trip!

hope it works out.

(we've had the head of housekeeping help us a couple of times with special supplies for a special situation.)

i'm not at all sure about the attitudes above. :confused:

I can easily imagine situations where, for example, couples really want/need separate beds, when only a non-divideable double/queen/king is available, as but one example of personal preferences.

Not sure whose business that is other than the guests and housekeeping staff...

Ditto who gets a private bedroom/bathroom or not.

Enjoy your trip!

:) <3 :)