Denali Dollars?

TxEx2x

We have a land tour after our cruise that stops at Denali. Our package included a specified amount of 'Denali Dollars.' Does anyone know what these can be used on? Can I expect to get anything more than a bottle of water for 25 Denali Dollars? Are they accepted by all (or any of) the restaurants in the area? I've tried searching and asking the travel agent, but have come up empty handed so far...

I hadn't heard of it either. From HAL's website:

Terms & Conditions

*Denali Dollars offer is based on promo DT. Denali Dollars can be used for dining, tours and shopping on the land/hotel portion of your Journey in Denali National Park. Guests who book Denali Land+Sea Journeys (D1-D8, R1, R6, V7, Y1) will receive US$25 per person (US$50 per stateroom) or Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journeys (Y2-Y5, R2, R5) will receive US$50 pp ($100 per stateroom.) Denali Dollars are non-transferable, refundable, and not for cash value. For full terms and conditions applicable to your cruise, please refer to hollandamerica.com. Offers are capacity controlled, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Offer ends 19 March 2017. Ships' Registry: The Netherlands.

I have Denali Dollars. We will be cruising on the Noordam in June. We booked through AAA last Sept. We attended a Holland America Alaska presentation and the Denali Dollars were part of that promotion. I had the understanding that we could use the Denali Dollars in Denali at the Holland America Denali Square.

Donna

Even HAL was pretty vague when they told us we would get them. I think it will come off bill at hotel from dining onsite.

Is the village area like a resort with everything a room charge? Or will we need to pay individually if we dine in various spots.

Wonder if we went to Princess Lodge to eat if it works.

Thanks everyone. I was hoping someone who had been on one of these cruisetours last season would chime in. The agents I asked at Holland America and my travel agent were both very vague, and I got tired of waiting for 20 minutes each time I asked a question for him to go try to find the answer.

We're travelling with kids and by this time in the trip, I don't envision a big sit down meal at the Karstens Public House. I was hoping that the pizza place took them, or we could use them to get an ice cream or something. Or maybe I can send my husband down to Karstens for a few beers after the kids go to bed! I guess we'll just be surprised when we get there.