Brunch

misprint

The brunch doesn't happen anymore. As I recall,it was on the last sea day of the cruise. Now they have some kind of extended choices at the lunch buffet on that day. We didn't do that this year so I can't comment on what was available.

The brunch has gone the way of the midnight buffet, which some will still remember. It has been replaced by the extra choices at the buffet on the last sea day. They offered shrimp, salmon, and other extras, as well as much more sumptuous desserts, including the chocolate fountain, at the last cruise I was on. There were also several ice sculptures placed around the Oceanview. I really don't miss the brunch that much. Maybe management decided that there was too much wasted food to justify the expense.

Not disappointment seeing the brunch disappear. The brunch always seemed like a zoo, packed and people grabbing food items from every direction. The lunch they do now in the Ocean View seems so much more civilized.

Thank you for your replies. I am cruising with a friend and her daughters this time and didn't want to tell them about it if it had been discontinued. I liked to see the ice carvings and the flowers made out of fruits etc but no problem really. There is so much food around the ship anyway that you never go hungry.

There is a lunch towards the end of the cruise which is usually held on the last sea day. Maybe an upgrade in food but there were ice sculptures and carved fruit on display. It is not the same that used to be held in the MDR for a brunch. Some people say it was eliminated due to cost. It could also be due to the behavior of passengers. :(