CocoCay - Deluxe Cabana vs. Beach Bungalow vs. Beach Bed

i have the same question about the beach beds. i found one facebook comment on an article that said there were loungers near the bed but Royal pics on the site dont show that.

also anyone remember the food options on the menu for the beds?

We were just there in late April and had a bungalow. I highly recommend it! Yes, there were 2 loungers beside each bungalow if you want to be in the sun.

I don't remember the full menu, but there were tacos, burgers, salad. A couple of appetizer choices and a couple of dessert choices. All good flavor, but I don't recommend getting nachos or crunchy tacos because the chips/taco shells were quite soggy by the time the food got delivered. They deliver the menu to your cabin and you turn it into the desk the day before you arrive at Coco Cay.

We were just there in late April and had a bungalow. I highly recommend it! Yes, there were 2 loungers beside each bungalow if you want to be in the sun.

I don't remember the full menu, but there were tacos, burgers, salad. A couple of appetizer choices and a couple of dessert choices. All good flavor, but I don't recommend getting nachos or crunchy tacos because the chips/taco shells were quite soggy by the time the food got delivered. They deliver the menu to your cabin and you turn it into the desk the day before you arrive at Coco Cay.

Which beach? Did you book in advance with the ship? We leave in 3 weeks and are a little behind on figuring out what we want to do there :)

Which beach? Did you book in advance with the ship? We leave in 3 weeks and are a little behind on figuring out what we want to do there :)

All the bungalows are on the same beach - South beach I believe? We booked it online. You choose your specific bungalow once you are onboard.

from what i've been researching, the beds are the farthest away from anything. also the clamshells are not that close to the buffet and they have no delivery.

i didnt want to spend 40 on a clamshell to be that far from the buffet so i figured for 100 on sale i have a bed with food delivery. i guess this island is different than great stirrup cay in that clamshells arent in the main part of the island?

• 2 months later...

If you get a bungalow or cabana, I see that you get food delivered but can you also make a trip to the buffet?

This will be our first time to CocoCay and I am also wondering which to go with, the bungalow or the cabana.... we plan on doing a lot of snorkeling with our own equipment (if that helps)...

And another question regarding the snorkel equipment - I know vests are required for snorkeling - do you know what sort of vests are approved when bringing your own? Are they the normal snorkel vests that blow up or do you have to wear an actual life vest (which may be cumbersome when snorkeling)...

Final question about snorkeling.... can you do it from the shore or do you need to pay for the snorkel excursion?

Thanks!

If you get a bungalow or cabana, I see that you get food delivered but can you also make a trip to the buffet?

This will be our first time to CocoCay and I am also wondering which to go with, the bungalow or the cabana.... we plan on doing a lot of snorkeling with our own equipment (if that helps)...

And another question regarding the snorkel equipment - I know vests are required for snorkeling - do you know what sort of vests are approved when bringing your own? Are they the normal snorkel vests that blow up or do you have to wear an actual life vest (which may be cumbersome when snorkeling)...

Final question about snorkeling.... can you do it from the shore or do you need to pay for the snorkel excursion?

Thanks!

You can also go to the buffet.

Blow up vests are fine for snorkeling.

You can snorkel from the shore. I would go to the first beach you encounter after getting off the tender and walking to the left. Once in the water, go left towards where the ship is anchored. There's a reef there.

I want to add a note here - we did the beach bed rental which is a quick shuttle ride (open air large golf cart) to a different part of the island. There is no food on the island until lunch-ish time so be sure to eat before you tender over. We didn't pay attention to that little tidbit of information and were starving and quite frankly a little tipsy by the time our lunch was brought to us. :cool: the Bars are OPEN!

• 9 months later...
Do they no longer offer the cabanettes? We reserved a couple of these summer of 2015 and they worked well. They included bottled water and fruit, floats, and there was a bar in the area, but you needed to go to the main area for lunch. Can't recall if they actively kept others away from the area (don't think so) but it was far enough away that few people actually wandered there. Maybe they replaced these with the bungalows?? Picture of the area:

_CM_6449_zps32icrtje.jpg

In 2015, the cabanettes got you water, a float and fruit. In May 2018, we got no water and no fruit. The guidelines are also very strict. I did not read them and booked two of them. There were four adults and two teens in our party. I figured they would be ok sitting between the two loungers . . . NOT SO! They weren't even allowed in the roped off area where the cabanettes were. Each person gets a wristband so if you don't have a wristband you are not allowed in the area. Personally, I think this is a bit too restrictive. It also gets very hot in the cabanettes after noon time. I'm not sure if I will get one again.

Edited by webgal318
typo

Where in the Cruise Planner will these options for bungalows, beach beds, etc. show up? I'm still 10 months out from our cruise and not seeing them but those might be offered much closer to sail date.

Excursions.

Where in the Cruise Planner will these options for bungalows, beach beds, etc. show up? I'm still 10 months out from our cruise and not seeing them but those might be offered much closer to sail date.

As near as I can tell the beach beds have been replaced by the beach bungalows. Less offered IMO and higher price

My husband and I were on Anthem in April, and we purchased a bungalow at CocoCay. We were very impressed and pleased with it, and we would book one again in a heartbeat. Beautiful beach (shallow waters but swim-able at a distance), a good distance from the crowds, food delivered to your bungalow, easy bathroom and bar access. Granted, it is on the opposite side of the island, so it is a little bit of a walk, but it was the perfect location for a relaxing beach day. Yes, there are Evian water bottles, 2 floating mats, and 2 additional loungers included as well. I think we paid less than $200 and it was well worth it.

As near as I can tell the beach beds have been replaced by the beach bungalows. Less offered IMO and higher price

Incorrect.

My Aug cruise shows all three. Except Cabanas are sold out.