CocoCay - Deluxe Cabana vs. Beach Bungalow vs. Beach Bed

Looking for advice for anyone who has recently been to CocoCay. I am trying to understand the difference in quality, service, location for these different options. The website highlights and important facts aren't helping too much! Ironically, beachbeds are the only ones that mention having a cabana attendant - but it seems they all should have? Looking for relaxing, ocean views, easy access to bar and not as many kids (love, but leaving mine at home to celebrate a friends 40th!). Any information on these 3 is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

I was just there in March - and we had a Beach Bungalow. The Beach Beds were next to us on the South Beach portion of Coco Cay. The Cabanas are on the other side of the island - Barefoot Beach, I believe? They are right by where you tender. Not sure about any other details of the Cabanas - I wanted to book one with my GS cabin, but they were offered to everyone on our charter cruise at an overpriced cost ($600) with extra VIP privileges. No thanks.

The Bungalows and Beds however, both come with an attendant (you'll share - they aren't dedicated per bed/bungalow), transportation to your bed/bungalow from where you arrive on the island, 4 or 6 bottles of Evian (I forget exactly) and food delivered to you. Lots of food! They are pretty strict on access to the area, so it is definitely quiet. I would book one again in a heartbeat. Word of warning - early in the day is gorgeous on South Beach, but as it gets later and later in the day and the tide goes out, it's not as pretty with all the sea grass exposed as far as the eye can see. :o

We did the Beach Bungalow last week. I would book it again in a heartbeat! Food was good and delivered at lunchtime. Missing something? They will get it for you (DD9 thanks you for the hot dog!).

Bathroom is right there and so are two bars (mostly empty BTW).

I thought the price was reasonable for what you get - around $185??? They ran a 20 or 30% off one day so I snagged one.

Thank you! This is very helpful. I think we will definitely do a bungalow or bed. seems as though the major difference between the 2 is accommodating an additional 2 people. I'm curious if the beds allow you to have access to a similar lunch rather than having to go to the buffet. Again, thank you!!!

I was just there in March - and we had a Beach Bungalow. The Beach Beds were next to us on the South Beach portion of Coco Cay. The Cabanas are on the other side of the island - Barefoot Beach, I believe? They are right by where you tender. Not sure about any other details of the Cabanas - I wanted to book one with my GS cabin, but they were offered to everyone on our charter cruise at an overpriced cost ($600) with extra VIP privileges. No thanks.

The Bungalows and Beds however, both come with an attendant (you'll share - they aren't dedicated per bed/bungalow), transportation to your bed/bungalow from where you arrive on the island, 4 or 6 bottles of Evian (I forget exactly) and food delivered to you. Lots of food! They are pretty strict on access to the area, so it is definitely quiet. I would book one again in a heartbeat. Word of warning - early in the day is gorgeous on South Beach, but as it gets later and later in the day and the tide goes out, it's not as pretty with all the sea grass exposed as far as the eye can see. :o

Thank you! This is very helpful. I think we will definitely do a bungalow or bed. seems as though the major difference between the 2 is accommodating an additional 2 people. I'm curious if the beds allow you to have access to a similar lunch rather than having to go to the buffet. Again, thank you!!!

At the Beach beds, you order from a menu and it was delivered to you. I thought the food was good, but I'm not a big ALL YOU CAN EAT PERSON.

Any info on the water level/tide near south beach? I saw someone mentioned that at one point there was only sea grass. We would like to be able to swim by the bungalows. Thank you!

This thread has some GREAT pics of what it's like at low tide. Exactly what we experienced. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2458177

This thread has some GREAT pics of what it's like at low tide. Exactly what we experienced. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2458177

In 4 visits I have never seen it that low, you must've still been on island past the tides. We always go back to ship after eating...1 or 2ish. And the water back there has always been almost knee deep with very interesting snorkeling and critters.

If you go past the beds and around the next point, you'll find umbrella tables and loungers that in my opinion are almost as nice, no service though. And secluded. You can always take drinks with you.

1smfck.jpg

Do they no longer offer the cabanettes? We reserved a couple of these summer of 2015 and they worked well. They included bottled water and fruit, floats, and there was a bar in the area, but you needed to go to the main area for lunch. Can't recall if they actively kept others away from the area (don't think so) but it was far enough away that few people actually wandered there. Maybe they replaced these with the bungalows?? Picture of the area:

_CM_6449_zps32icrtje.jpg

those clamshells look better than the ones on great stirrup cay. it was crapshoot whether you got venting or not. id never do a beach without at least a clamshell.

so are those only on a certain beach or are they 'everywhere'

those clamshells look better than the ones on great stirrup cay. it was crapshoot whether you got venting or not. id never do a beach without at least a clamshell.

so are those only on a certain beach or are they 'everywhere'

When we were last on Coco Cay, they were on one beach called Barefoot Beach.

When we were last on Coco Cay, they were on one beach called Barefoot Beach.

my map may be dated but i have 33 points of interest on my coco map and none say barefoot. prominent names are : south beach, coconut willie, water sports, snorkel

my map may be dated but i have 33 points of interest on my coco map and none say barefoot. prominent names are : south beach, coconut willie, water sports, snorkel

You're right, they renamed the beach. On this map, Barefoot Beach used to be around #33:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/images/ports/pages/cococay-2015-map.pdf

Here's an older map:

9596419696_fe3103825b_b.jpg

For the cabanas and bungalows, how do staff know who is permitted to use them as you come and go from other areas of Cococay? Are wrist bands provided? If so, how many wrist bands are provided per bungalow or per cabana? How many people can the cabanas and the bungalows hold?

For the cabanas and bungalows, how do staff know who is permitted to use them as you come and go from other areas of Cococay? Are wrist bands provided? If so, how many wrist bands are provided per bungalow or per cabana? How many people can the cabanas and the bungalows hold?

Wrist bands. I don't know about the bungalows, but the cabanas give 6 wrist bands each.

Any info on the water level/tide near south beach? I saw someone mentioned that at one point there was only sea grass. We would like to be able to swim by the bungalows. Thank you!

I had one of the Cabana beds on the Southbeach side. At high tide there was no problem, the water comes right to within a foot of the bed. At low tied there were grassy areas, but no problem swimming.

We did the Beach Bungalow last week. I would book it again in a heartbeat! Food was good and delivered at lunchtime. Missing something? They will get it for you (DD9 thanks you for the hot dog!).

Bathroom is right there and so are two bars (mostly empty BTW).

I thought the price was reasonable for what you get - around $185??? They ran a 20 or 30% off one day so I snagged one.

Question: With the beach bungalow do you also have 2 lounge chairs to use if you want to sit in the sun next to the bungalow??

I had one of the Cabana beds on the Southbeach side. At high tide there was no problem, the water comes right to within a foot of the bed. At low tied there were grassy areas, but no problem swimming.

were the beds hard/soft? did you you miss a place to sit upright like a lounger or other sofa like cabanas. i do like the idea of the water right there for half the price of the cabana.

any special eating arrangements etc with the bed or just the main buffet?

• 1 month later...
Question: With the beach bungalow do you also have 2 lounge chairs to use if you want to sit in the sun next to the bungalow??

i have the same question about the beach beds. i found one facebook comment on an article that said there were loungers near the bed but Royal pics on the site dont show that.

also anyone remember the food options on the menu for the beds?