Drinking on Equinox

Pia1913

Trying to book a family cruise on Equinox out of Miami, whereas one passenger will be 6 weeks shy of his 21st birthday. Can his parents sign a waiver to allow him to have a drink or should we just forget about going on Celebrity?

Edited by Pia1913

We did Alaska in the spring of 2015 and my daughter was 20 turning 21 that summer. We ordered her the classic drink as the perk and she was only asked for ID once at the Sunset Bar. She never abused it and had wine with us every night for dinner. Now my done 25 Yr old son I think closed the Passport Bar most nights with his uncle and I know he was asked a couple of times for ID at the beginning of the cruise.

If the classic is a free perk for him get it. I was amazed that Celebrity allowed it to happen as they knew the ages from our passports. If you support it give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is the drinking age in your state? Can you sign a waiver? Same thing. Cruise lines have to abide by the rules. If it is so important for him to drink take a European cruise or get him drinks in the ports. I think in Mexico you can drink if you are old enough to walk up to the bar and pay for it.

Last month on the Silhouette we were sitting at a bar and a young girl came up and ordered a drink. The BT asked for her card. She said that she didn't want to charge it and wanted to pay cash. He said that isn't allowed and asked again for her card. She walked off with a attitude. I asked him about it and was told that their sea pass cards indicate that they are a minor and she knew that and thought she could get around it thru a loop hole by paying cash.

Drink up 🍺🍹🥂🍸 if you are re old enough. 😁

The crew can get in loads of trouble if they are caught serving to a minor. I am not against it personally ... if you think she is able to drink responsibly now, no judgement from my end ... but would hate to see someone lose their job over it .. and they could. :(

We are from Alberta and drinking age is 18. If the sea pass showed her age (20) why did everyone else serve her? All reasturants served her wine, Mast grill and pool bar allowed her to have a beer, Passport allowed her a cocktail before dinner with us and she was even able to get a mixed drink on the way to a show from the Martini bar.

We are from Alberta and drinking age is 18. If the sea pass showed her age (20) why did everyone else serve her? All reasturants served her wine, Mast grill and pool bar allowed her to have a beer, Passport allowed her a cocktail before dinner with us and she was even able to get a mixed drink on the way to a show from the Martini bar.

Not sure why she was served but do know that drinking for those under 21 (I think it might be 18) is allowed on certain itineraries. The ones that originate in the USA, the legal age is 21, though.