Cruise carnival pride enhanced id

Well, it depends what you mean by "enhanced ID". If you mean a drivers license that is compliant with the REAL ID act you can't just use that, you need to provide proof of citizenship also. If you mean an Enhanced Drivers License such as are issued by Washington, Michigan, New York, and Vermont then yes, I have cruised with one of those as a stand alone document.

Well, it depends what you mean by "enhanced ID". If you mean a drivers license that is compliant with the REAL ID act you can't just use that, you need to provide proof of citizenship also. If you mean an Enhanced Drivers License such as are issued by Washington, Michigan, New York, and Vermont then yes, I have cruised with one of those as a stand alone document.

Yes when I say an enhanced Id I mean an enhanced drivers license, I'm from Michigan with us being right by Canada we got them. I probably should have clarified better what I was referring to. Did you have any trouble with just using that? I'm debating on whether to bring our birth certificates or not, it's our first cruise and we are driving to Baltimore and would rather not bring them...

Yes when I say an enhanced Id I mean an enhanced drivers license, I'm from Michigan with us being right by Canada we got them. I probably should have clarified better what I was referring to. Did you have any trouble with just using that? I'm debating on whether to bring our birth certificates or not, it's our first cruise and we are driving to Baltimore and would rather not bring them...

While I would say sure go for it you should be fine ... But what happens if you drive all the way there and your not fine and they decide they want to be sticklers and require the birth certificates ... I would just bring them with you just in case - It does not take up much room in your luggage and its better to be safe then sorry

Take a picture of the birth certificates on you phone or email a copy to yourself so if you need to print them out you can. We had no issues at all sailing out of NYC on NCL.

While I would say sure go for it you should be fine ... But what happens if you drive all the way there and your not fine and they decide they want to be sticklers and require the birth certificates ... I would just bring them with you just in case - It does not take up much room in your luggage and its better to be safe then sorry

The reason we got EDLs was so we wouldn't have to carry DW's naturalization certificate, which would cost $350 to replace. As long as it isn't expired it will be accepted just like a passport card or passport.

Take a picture of the birth certificates on you phone or email a copy to yourself so if you need to print them out you can. We had no issues at all sailing out of NYC on NCL.

That has not been the case with Carnival in the past. We had a couple that were not able to board with a printed out BC.

You can indeed cruise Carnival with an enhanced driver's license. My aunt left her passport in Michigan and didn't discover it until we were headed for the Port of Miami. We called Carnival and was told she could use an enhanced id and she sailed without any issues.

That has not been the case with Carnival in the past. We had a couple that were not able to board with a printed out BC.

There had to be something else wrong with it because I presented a photocopy when I boarded the Pride. Their FAQ still says a copy is acceptable:

An original or copy of a birth certificate issued by a government agency (state/county/city) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics

A clear, legible copy of a birth certificate that was originally issued by a government agency (state/county/city) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics. The copy does not need to be notarized or certified.

You can indeed cruise Carnival with an enhanced driver's license. My aunt left her passport in Michigan and didn't discover it until we were headed for the Port of Miami. We called Carnival and was told she could use an enhanced id and she sailed without any issues.

Once we got passports we decided to keep our EDLs as a back up (plus it makes it easier if we want to go to Canada since the EDL is always on us and our passports are in the safe deposit box).

There had to be something else wrong with it because I presented a photocopy when I boarded the Pride. Their FAQ still says a copy is acceptable:

An original or copy of a birth certificate issued by a government agency (state/county/city) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics

A clear, legible copy of a birth certificate that was originally issued by a government agency (state/county/city) or the Department of Health and Vital Statistics. The copy does not need to be notarized or certified.

Cant say for sure they did not board the Celebration or Fascination and returned home . Just some members of our group cruise that we never saw again. I don't know if they changed that policy or not ? I do know they were not allowed to board per the friends in our group that did board.

Once we got passports we decided to keep our EDLs as a back up (plus it makes it easier if we want to go to Canada since the EDL is always on us and our passports are in the safe deposit box).

We had our passports first but the ease of crossing the border was also the reason for getting an EDL. I live in Detroit so Canada is in our backyard :).

Cant say for sure they did not board the Celebration or Fascination and returned home . Just some members of our group cruise that we never saw again. I don't know if they changed that policy or not ? I do know they were not allowed to board per the friends in our group that did board.

Since their FAQ hasn't changed it's likely their policy hasn't and it's more likely that the birth certificate didn't meet some other requirement (i.e. it wasn't issued by a government entity, it was not readable, their ID was expired). In any event with a valid EDL the OP won't have anything to worry about.

Thank you all for your experiences and advice! I will be taking a picture on mine and dh birth certificates, I would hate to have to replace them, his is kind of a pain to get. You guys are great! So excited to leave on our first cruise this Sunday 😀 For sure a great way to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary!

Thank you all for your experiences and advice! I will be taking a picture on mine and dh birth certificates, I would hate to have to replace them, his is kind of a pain to get. You guys are great! So excited to leave on our first cruise this Sunday 😀 For sure a great way to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary!

Have a great cruise!

Carnival's policy is clear. The EDL is a WHTI-compliant document that denotes citizenship and identity and may be used as a stand-alone document for cruise travel.

As above....the policy is clear and posted. It is a stand alone travel document from the states that are up and running.

State Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)

The State Enhanced Driver's License cannot be used to travel by air outside the United States.

Several states are working with the Department of Homeland Security to develop an EDL for U.S. citizens residing in their states. This document will denote both citizenship and identity and will facilitate the entry process at land and sea ports of entry. The word 'Enhanced' must appear on the license. The following states issue this type of WHTI-compliant document: Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont and Washington.