Retreat Pool

snag

All adults can use.

You don't have to pay for the sanctuary to use the Retreat Pool area on the Royal Princess and the Regal Princess.

Most pools near sanctuaries are underutilized as people assume you have to pay for the sanctuary in order to use the pool. A good deal for those in the know. :)

Recently on a Regal Caribbean cruise the Retreat Pool area was full by 900 am. It was a welcome relief from the main pool noise from Muts. I could not stand the constant noise..especially when they were broadcasting a concert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used the Sanctuary cabanas by the retreat pool on Regal sea days. There are six cabanas located around the retreat pool. The retreat pool is open to all adults. We witnessed several well behaved teenagers being asked to leave. Frankly, they were better behaved than some of the adults who spent the day drinking. The cabanas cost $40.00 per person per day. We received very comfortable lounge chairs, semi-shaded covering on top, lunch service from a special spa menu, cool towel service, and afternoon tea..all served while comfortably sitting on our chairs. Most importantly...no need to play the towel game or worry about leaving our spot. The regular chairs were all taken on sea days.

Recently on a Regal Caribbean cruise the Retreat Pool area was full by 900 am. It was a welcome relief from the main pool noise from Muts. I could not stand the constant noise..especially when they were broadcasting a concert.

With only 1 "main" pool on those ships it's not surprising it would be heavily utilized on that particular class of ship. My wife has found it mostly deserted on other ships we've sailed. She likes it that way. (I don't use the pools.)

• 3 months later...
All adults. (assume you mean the Retreat Pool on Regal and Royal?)

I'm confused about the Retreat Pool and Enclave (hydrotherapy pool). Are these areas ONLY on Regal and Royal? I'll be going on Crown Princess in October and am trying to determine what parts of Lotus Spa/Thermal Suite exists on Crown. Is anyone able to help clarify?

A Word to the Wise: Based on our last two cruises (Regal and Royal) if you have any hope of getting one of the two dozen or so nice padded loungers around the Retreat Pool you'd best be up there no later than 7 a.m. Earlier might be better. Maybe much earlier. Not encouraging the nefarious Chair Hogs but it is what it is. Yes, any adult can use the pools (although they are closed in the evening) but those nice loungers are a rare and coveted commodity, to say the least!

I'm confused about the Retreat Pool and Enclave (hydrotherapy pool). Are these areas ONLY on Regal and Royal? I'll be going on Crown Princess in October and am trying to determine what parts of Lotus Spa/Thermal Suite exists on Crown. Is anyone able to help clarify?

Yes, that is the case. Enclave is unique to Royal class ships. As is Retreat Pool.

Crown has the Thermal Suite, at a charge for non-suite passengers. Amount based in length of cruise. Steam and sauna along with heated tile loungers. Crown also has free steam and sauna in locker room.

The Lotus Spa pool outside the spa area is adult only, and free of charge.