Wifi & Texting confusion

MaNPaM

On a side note, the iconcierge app needs some work. It would be a lot more useful if you could tag an activity you are interested in and then get push notifications when they are beginning soon. It has the potential to replace the dailies as a way to plan you day.

Absolutely! SO much potential with that app, yet it falls so short in many areas. It also seems to organize your account charges in random ways, as each time I'd get on the app and check, that day's charges would be in a different order. It wasn't til the next day that the previous day's charges would settle into order. We just got off the Jade on Sunday, and the "Things to Do" part of the app was wrong for the entire trip. Granted, the schedule doesn't really change from cruise to cruise for the same itinerary as far as WHAT is happening, but when it comes to WHOM, that's a different story. The comedians and individual entertainers (like guitar guys, piano guys, etc) were all wrong on the app compared to who was actually on board that week.

Another major frustration was not being able to see your reservations in the app. I reserved restaurants months ago, yet I either had to call and ask when they were or dig out my paper documents showing when they were if I wanted to know.

Another major frustration was not being able to see your reservations in the app. I reserved restaurants months ago, yet I either had to call and ask when they were or dig out my paper documents showing when they were if I wanted to know.

I was also frustrated by the lack of reservations in the app, especially since they were available in the My Vacation Planner on the cabin TV. Doesn't seem like it would be difficult to add it to the app. Perhaps an update by the time of my next NCL cruise in October.

Do you get charged per device per day or just per device per cruise?

There is an optional charge per device if you want to use the built in on-board texting and phone calls, but the rest of the app is free. If you have an iPhone, there is no need to pay to use iMessage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD