Breakaway - shady spots in Vibe or other places?

Hi all, we're debating if we'll try for Vibe passes on Breakaway in September. Are there any shady spots to relax there besides renting a cabana? We loved Deck 7 port sid on the Star, there were plenty of chairs and we just hung out there at the railing, watching the water and flying fish, tropical drinks (or bucket of beers) in hand in the shade. It was perfect! Anyplace like that on Breakaway?

Also. we're booked in #9126 on Breakaway, a large balcony cabin near the front of the ship on the port side. Will we notice any cigarette/cigar smoke from anywhere? Can people smoke on The Waterfront which I think is one deck below us?

Thanks for your help!

Helena

That's exactly where we are Terry! From the Vibe pics we've seen it looks like the only shade is at the bar, in the hot tubs or in a cabana. But reviews I've read mention that the cabanas block a lot of the breeze and are kind of hot. And one review mentioned that there's a lot of cigarette smoke in the area too b/c it's not confined to the designated Vibe smoking area. We're leaning toward just trying to find a nice shady spot on some deck somewhere. Can anyone else weigh in? Thanks!

In the vibe they have large umbrellas and they will help you move them to the position you need if necessary. I always need shade so it was very helpful. The cabanas don't provide much if any shade. Depends on the position of the sun. Most of the time it was too sunny for me in the cabana and I was hiding under towels. I did not get burned and spent every day in vibe.

Same interest...

Looking for shade in the adult areas of the Breakaway.

Making my mind up about the spa pass vs. Vibe vs. plain old H2O...

Want the quiet, AND the shade.

Thanks so much.

Ironically, the most shade is available adjacent to the main pool on BA class. But as you already know, it's loud and crowded there. On Getaway last September, I was lucky enough to get one of three umbrellas in Spice H2O every day, but it wasn't easy. NCL needs more shade.

I'm on a Caribbean cruise in December on Holland America's Eurodam, and I have my own poolside cabana with guaranteed shade and dedicated cabana servers. If it's as awesome as I'm hoping, HAL may become my hot weather cruise go-to brand.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

In Vibe, they'll move the umbrellas around at your request to help get shade where you need it. Just be aware that they may also ask other guests near you if they mind. I saw a guest who was asked if they minded the umbrella being moved, and he said he did. The other person ended up changing chairs to get the shade they wanted. Vibe was never crowded on my cruise (busy, but not crowded), so the person who changed chairs didn't have trouble finding a new one. Just something to be aware of.

Hi all, we're debating if we'll try for Vibe passes on Breakaway in September. Are there any shady spots to relax there besides renting a cabana? We loved Deck 7 port sid on the Star, there were plenty of chairs and we just hung out there at the railing, watching the water and flying fish, tropical drinks (or bucket of beers) in hand in the shade. It was perfect! Anyplace like that on Breakaway?

Also. we're booked in #9126 on Breakaway, a large balcony cabin near the front of the ship on the port side. Will we notice any cigarette/cigar smoke from anywhere? Can people smoke on The Waterfront which I think is one deck below us?

Thanks for your help!

Helena

The Vibe on the BA is similar to the Escape in this video. Their are a number of umbrellas, however if it gets too windy they will close them up. The BA does have Clamshells, they can become very hot if their is little to no breeze. Video here.......

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread since it's a little old, but I'm in the waiting area as we speak in Group 8 for the breakaway. Does anyone know the location as to where to buy the Vibe passes? I know it's a long shot, but we'd still like to try. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry to bump this thread since it's a little old, but I'm in the waiting area as we speak in Group 8 for the breakaway. Does anyone know the location as to where to buy the Vibe passes? I know it's a long shot, but we'd still like to try. Thanks!

Did you get them?

Does the Vibe passes tend to sell out? We wanted to purchase them for our honeymoon but they say we can't till we board. We are sailing October 15..

Yup, they tend to sell out. Hope you're in an early boarding group and be ready to hustle. You'll both need to be there to buy them.

Vibe is great and we would do it again. However, a warning that for much of the time at sea, we were not allowed to use the umbrellas, the main reason we purchased passes. In early Breakaway days, Spice H2O had a large # of umbrellas which were removed, apparently for for the same reason, wind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums