Any problems using hair straighteners on Breakaway?

Ginnyfyr

I've been reading some threads mentioning people blowing a fuse in their cabin when using their hairdryer from home, so I'm considering not bringing mine (pretty sure it's 1875 watts and I've read that NCL's in room dryers max out at 1600 watts, so it sounds like I wouldn't be able to use it). I have had problems on two Celebrity cruise ships where my hair straightener has taken forever to heat up to a useable heat (or not heated up at all) and now after reading these threads about the hairdryers, I'm worried that I'll have a problem on Breakaway next week. I just checked my straightener and it says it's 120 V/40 W. Have any of you ladies had issues? I feel like it's one thing to take a chance on a "new" hair dryer if I know I can rely on my straightener to perfect my blowout, but if the straightener doesn't work too, I'm looking at a week of really bad hair, lol (I have naturally curly hair that I straighten). Thanks!

I've never had any problem with my hair appliance. I bring my own dryer and electric curlers. My hairdryer is 1850 watts, and works as normal!

Thanks, CB! This gives me hope!

My wife (or Daughter) popped the breaker to part of our room using her's. Took them about an hour to figure out how to get it back on... Just a word of caution. (on the Escape though)

I've been reading some threads mentioning people blowing a fuse in their cabin when using their hairdryer from home, so I'm considering not bringing mine (pretty sure it's 1875 watts and I've read that NCL's in room dryers max out at 1600 watts, so it sounds like I wouldn't be able to use it). I have had problems on two Celebrity cruise ships where my hair straightener has taken forever to heat up to a useable heat (or not heated up at all) and now after reading these threads about the hairdryers, I'm worried that I'll have a problem on Breakaway next week. I just checked my straightener and it says it's 120 V/40 W. Have any of you ladies had issues? I feel like it's one thing to take a chance on a "new" hair dryer if I know I can rely on my straightener to perfect my blowout, but if the straightener doesn't work too, I'm looking at a week of really bad hair, lol (I have naturally curly hair that I straighten). Thanks!

I have multiple types of hair straighteners....was on breakaway last May and never had an issue straightening my hair with either of the ones I brought. One straighter is a wet to dry and the other is a brush straightener just an FYI.

So rather than talking about personal experience (which may or may not be legal), always go to the Policy.

ITEMS WITH HEATING ELEMENTS OR OPEN FLAMES

Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed and may require a converter.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back to update - happy to report that I had no issues with my straightener or my 1875 watt hair dryer. I did try the in-room blow dryer the first time I washed my hair and I didn't like it. The power wasn't strong enough for me and it was also too hot, even on the lower setting (weird). Like others had mentioned, I also didn't like how short the cord was - it made it awkward to sit and try to dry my hair at the desk. Very happy that my tools brought from home didn't cause any problems :D

Avoid straightening your hair under the fire alarm. In the studio's the mirror is in front of it and i had to. Set the fire alarm off in my room and had to wait for a couple of officers to come and verify everything was ok before they could turn off the lloud noise!!