LIVE From the Ruby - 1 Day Vancouver-Seattle - 5/5/17

CanadianBurger

I thought they didn't sell AIBPs on voyages of 2 nights or fewer... or is it only that you cannot pre-order a package on those cruises? What gives?

Yeah, it's a Princess anomaly... doesn't seem to be available on the Emerald in two weeks. But you could pre-order on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, it's a Princess anomaly... doesn't seem to be available on the Emerald in two weeks. But you could pre-order on this one.

A bonus then...

Cheers! :champagne-toast: :D

I thought they didn't sell AIBPs on voyages of 2 nights or fewer... or is it only that you cannot pre-order a package on those cruises? What gives?

Next April the Ruby does this one nighter all over again and the AIBP is available again. We've already booked.

Hanging around in the Elite/Suite etc. Club Fusion lounge. We're heading to a hotel so no hurry to leave though every group appears to have been called. They will kick us out eventually.

Random things.

First cruise where we never ate anything in the buffet. All MDR, breakfast is always a treat as we never wake up early enough usually except the last day.

First non Caribe balcony since our second cruise on Diamond. The balconies are plenty big we just forgot this. We purchased the cheapest inside GTY and got A719. Would not hesitate to get off the Caribe deck if the price is right.

Everyone on the crew was very friendly.

Purchased 2 more FCCs as we were out. So easy to do online now. Had the email confirmation in hours.

Ship looks great overall.

The AIBP is such a value. If you're a wine drinker it's a must. Only 4 wines at Vines are over $10. Plus Raspberry Pomegranate Splash is awesome and they go for $4.50 each.

More as I think of it.

Hanging around in the Elite/Suite etc. Club Fusion lounge.

I too was hanging out in Club Fusion, until they made the final call. Heard names start to be called as I was disembarking.

Last year there was no wait at customs; just hand in your form and keep walking. Today there was quite a wait as they were checking passports. No Nexus/Global Entry.

e8a04b83508fcee7f06bd0dae8ebf4e3.jpg

Wow, this makes 1-day cruises look like a blast!

Quick question, do you happen to know if the Ruby has the new beds/mattresses? Thanks!

Yes, the Ruby has had the new beds for over a year. They're quite an improvement over the old ones. Very comfortable.

I too was hanging out in Club Fusion, until they made the final call. Heard names start to be called as I was disembarking.

Not sure how I missed you! We'll have to get a drink on the Ruby one day in September.

Yes, the Ruby has had the new beds for over a year. They're quite an improvement over the old ones. Very comfortable.

Comfortable must be in the eye of the beholder. Just got off Ruby on Friday and I hated the new beds. Very soft and had a topper that I found hot. Pillows are very squishy. I had a back ache most of the cruise. So YMMV.