LIVE From the Ruby - 1 Day Vancouver-Seattle - 5/5/17

CanadianBurger

Vines is not open until 4:30 but that can't stop us from getting wine at Crooners and picking "our" spot out.

As Paul Masson (and later, Orson Welles) always said, they will sell no wine before it's time.

So... since they're selling the AIBP on board, I went to Passenger Services, and they refunded the drinks I'd already paid for before getting the package. First person said no, so I went back, talked to someone different, and it was no problem.

Well, this changes everything.

I had a chaste Pellegrino with luncheon. Gonna have to make up for lost time.

I'm told the pizzeria on Lido CAN do gluten free with advance notice. Check when you board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok. Good to know that it is a possibility - maybe. I know my reservation is marked that I am gluten-free, so they know at least one person on board will be.

Already looking at the menus I can see it's going to be more hand-holding than I'm used to with Disney who is kind enough to mark which items are automatically gluten-free so I don't have to play a guessing game. Given that fathom - which is also the Carnival umbrella - doesn't mark theirs either, I'm beginning to wonder if Carnival Corp WANTS to make it challenging for those of us who have to eat gluten-free.

Actually, Princess is great for anyone with allergies or other issues. The head waiter will give you the menu the night before, and will suggest what you would like; they will also make anything else you desire within reason...be nice to your head waiter :)

Actually, Princess is great for anyone with allergies or other issues. The head waiter will give you the menu the night before, and will suggest what you would like; they will also make anything else you desire within reason...be nice to your head waiter :)

Thanks. :) I just explained in an all-about gluten free post I created that I had a not great experience with unmarked menus on fathom (which is also under the Carnival umbrella) where the dining room manager allowed me on more than one occasion to order something that was not and could not be made gluten-free making things awkward for the service team AND me. I guess I just don't see why Carnival seems intent on not marking the menus. (Much like how Starbucks in NYC refuse to put up signs when they are out of something such as acai syrup (or whatever) or almond milk, or other things.)

Thanks. :) I just explained in an all-about gluten free post I created that I had a not great experience with unmarked menus on fathom (which is also under the Carnival umbrella) where the dining room manager allowed me on more than one occasion to order something that was not and could not be made gluten-free making things awkward for the service team AND me. I guess I just don't see why Carnival seems intent on not marking the menus. (Much like how Starbucks in NYC refuse to put up signs when they are out of something such as acai syrup (or whatever) or almond milk, or other things.)

Well I can't account for Starbucks, but I am guessing that Princess doesn't mark GF items on the menu due to risk of cross contamination in the prep area. There is a special prep area for GF food. They want you to stay healthy and enjoy your cruise. :)

AIBP update for two so far...

2 raspberry pomegranate splash

1 big room water

4 Rose wines

And we traded our mini bar set up for a bottle of wine that we will not drink onboard!

Add 4 more Rose.