making my time dining reservations before you leave

I made show reservations already on harmony so im wondering if I can make my time dining reservations also on line. thank you

Yes, My Time Dining reservations can be made online. If you don't see My Time in your Cruise Planner under Dining, then they have not opened yet, so keep checking.

Can you explain MTD for me...sorry,first time RCI cruiser? Under my planner it says MTD but I am afraid to just click on it....at the moment we are down for late dining (only choice when we booked). Any help would be much appreciated.

Can you explain MTD for me...sorry,first time RCI cruiser? Under my planner it says MTD but I am afraid to just click on it....at the moment we are down for late dining (only choice when we booked). Any help would be much appreciated.

With MTD, you are not bound to one of the two traditional dining times. You can eat any time the dining room is open. It's your choice to make a reservation, show up without a reservation, or change it up day to day.

Did you ask to be wait listed for MTD? You mention you are down for late dining so that's why I'm asking.

With MTD, you can either make reservations for times you prefer or you can just wait and walk up each evening during a time you prefer. The drawback with just walking up at meal times is you may wait a short time before getting a table.

With MTD, you are not bound to one of the two traditional dining times. You can eat any time the dining room is open. It's your choice to make a reservation, show up without a reservation, or change it up day to day.

Thank you for explaining.

Did you ask to be wait listed for MTD? You mention you are down for late dining so that's why I'm asking.

With MTD, you can either make reservations for times you prefer or you can just wait and walk up each evening during a time you prefer. The drawback with just walking up at meal times is you may wait a short time before getting a table.

When I booked the only available choice was late sitting so that is what I have at the moment. We did not ask to be waitlisted because I wasn't sure what that was. When I log into Planner it has My Time listed that I think I can click on but not sure what that actually will do. Thank you for your response too!

We usually choose the early dining time so the late sitting is not optimal. We may just wait to get onboard then check out the table assigned to us and if we need to change times and/or table speak to the maitr'd.

When I booked the only available choice was late sitting so that is what I have at the moment. We did not ask to be waitlisted because I wasn't sure what that was. When I log into Planner it has My Time listed that I think I can click on but not sure what that actually will do. Thank you for your response too!

We usually choose the early dining time so the late sitting is not optimal. We may just wait to get onboard then check out the table assigned to us and if we need to change times and/or table speak to the maitr'd.

So you can be asked to be wait listed for either early dining or my time dining. I would assume you could click on My Time Dining in your cruise planner and nothing would happen. Some of us have received ODD messages that all our reservations have been booked even though we haven't made any LOL. Royal Caribbean hasn't loaded the times yet for MTD. Soooo, i would think you might get a similar message or an error. It wouldn't hurt anything.

In the meantime, you can call to be placed on a waiting list for the early dining or possible MTD if you don't want late dining. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It seems that the busy time is around 7 or so. I had to flex a few of my desired times because the slots were filling up fast. Thanks to everyone on CC and all the valuable experience. I learned to make my reservations online so I would not have to wait in the walk up line which at peak times can be long...I also read that without reservations they may ask you to come back an hour or so later to be seated. I wanted to avoid that being a first time RCI cruiser. Reservations are a good thing!!!

I have used MTD both ways.

The first cruise where I had MTD was on Freedom. We'd simply show up at whatever time suited us that day and be seated. We never waited longer than about 10 minutes, but MTD was still relatively new then and perhaps had not yet garnered the following it has now. We enjoyed being able to check the Compass each night and identify where best to squeeze in our evening meal.

My next cruise was on a smaller ship, Serenade, and we chose the MTD option again, intending to use it the same way. On our first night, we found ourselves seated next to a lovely couple with whom we chatted throughout the meal. We ran into them again the following day and decided to dine together at a table for four that night. during the meal, the Maitre D approached us and said that if we wanted to eat dinner at around that same time each night (I think it was about 6:30), he'd reserve the table for us. We agreed. We never had to stop at the host station; we walked directly to our table. We had the same crew each night. It was wonderful. While a little more restrictive than just showing up "whenever," we did get to CHOOSE a dining time that fell between early and late seating and we got to CHOOSE our dining companions. Based on that experience, we've made standing reservations for the same time each night on all subsequent cruises. For us, it provides the benefits of MTD with the consistency of traditional dining.