Preboarding internet purchase, has anyone done it?

19cruiser59

The internet plans are now listed again online ( at least for my sailing anyway on the Vista)

They are listed separately not under the Fun shops area.

However my cost is listed as $10.25 per day( value plan ) with a total price of $82.00 for my 8 day sailing.

so there does not appear to be any discount associated with this based on the prices others have quoted.

social was listed as $4.29/day

Premium at $17.00/day

The internet plans are now listed again online ( at least for my sailing anyway on the Vista)

They are listed separately not under the Fun shops area.

However my cost is listed as $10.25 per day( value plan ) with a total price of $82.00 for my 8 day sailing.

so there does not appear to be any discount associated with this based on the prices others have quoted.

social was listed as $4.29/day

Premium at $17.00/day

That is a discount. The new prices are $5, $16, and $25 per day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That is a discount. The new prices are $5, $16, and $25 per day.

Those are the regular per day prices, and have been for quite a while.

A 7 day value plan on the Dream is $71.75 with no tax charged. That is a savings of only $0.25 off the onboard price of $72.

Those are the regular per day prices, and have been for quite a while.

A 7 day value plan on the Dream is $71.75 with no tax charged. That is a savings of only $0.25 off the onboard price of $72.

YES those are the regular prices. That's why I replied that way. The person I was replying to stated the cost on their booking was $10.25 for the second level plan. Not $16, which means it is discounted if you pre-purchase it. $16 x 7=$112. $10.25 x 7= $71.75. Just as I have been saying all along. Those prices may not be brand new but they are new to me, so sorry about that. There is also a discount if you buy it onboard for the entire cruise on day one, which is what's listed on the website under the plan descriptions. What I figured and confirmed after I ended my call to the fun shops just a few minutes ago, is that they are no longer charging tax to pre purchase it. I did a mock purchase on my girlfriend's booking. Plugged in a credit card, and went all the way to the end just before submit. No tax. So since I was charged tax two weeks ago when I got our plans, I politely called the fun shops and now have a refund coming to me for the $6.11 I in taxes I paid. I also said that there is no real discount in the social plan. The discount value kicks in with the higher two.

Seems the best thing to do if you want internet is to either buy it onboard for the whole cruise or online. Makes perfect sense that they would make it less expensive for folks to buy it ahead of time.

I've purchased the plans (both Social and Value) on various sailings over the past few years and it was never discounted on the first day.

Is this also something new?

I never heard of that either, but like I said we usually don't wind up getting it till day two. Maybe it is new.

We sailed on the Conquest last June. By purchasing the Social plan on day one for the entire 5-day cruise, we got it for $18 instead of the usual $25. A lot of people have talked about this day one discount on both the old Carnival Funville forums and here on CC, so it's definitely a thing. It might've taken affect when the Social/Value/Premium plans were introduced last year.

Interesting. My last Carnival cruise was at the end of October last year on Splendor. Did the Vista inaugural prior to that and 3 cruises in 2015. I always purchase as soon as I board, just by going to the FunHub and accessing from there. Never given a discount. Oh well! I'd rather not prepay for things unless I need to, but I'll look into it once I confirm my plans for the next cruise (which will be soon, I hope!).

• 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone who has sailed in the past month can confirm that the discount is available on day one.

I dislike prepaying for things, just on principle, but dislike even more missing a discount because I didn't act! ;)

Yes, I see it available for pre-purchase on my upcoming cruise. My question is whether anyone can confirm that it is available at that price upon embarkation.

I know I can buy now. What I want to know is whether it will be available at that price when I board.

As I noted above, I always buy as soon as I board and have always had to pay full price.

I'll buy before I go if it is NOT discounted on Day 1, but if it is, I'll wait.

It appears it is cheaper if you buy it ahead of time vs onboard for the entire cruise. The savings on the Value plan are negligible, but perhaps it has gone up since I last sailed. I put the price comparisons in this thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2513874

Oh and there is NO TAX if bought ahead of time. I believe that was a glitch that they have since fixed.

Yes they fixed the tax issue. They refunded mine cause I brought it online right when they started offering it.

To be on the safe side, I would buy it online and do this pre purchase this one time.

Me too. I went ahead and ordered it for my October cruise. At least if the price goes up before then I don't have to worry about it. And even if it's only a fifty cents difference since I got the Value plan, it's one less thing to go on my S&S account even though I fund it with discounted gift cards. It's out of the way along with tips and BB so I will truly have a zero balance at the start. It's just easier for me this way.

I feel confident that it won't be any cheaper onboard, so might as well. Maybe they are offering it at a savings ahead of time like Cheers.

Me too. I went ahead and ordered it for my October cruise. At least if the price goes up before then I don't have to worry about it. And even if it's only a fifty cents difference since I got the Value plan, it's one less thing to go on my S&S account even though I fund it with discounted gift cards. It's out of the way along with tips and BB so I will truly have a zero balance at the start. It's just easier for me this way.

I feel confident that it won't be any cheaper onboard, so might as well. Maybe they are offering it at a savings ahead of time like Cheers.

Same here. I've paid for everything in advance this time with discounted gift cards. The cruise itself, all of my obc, bottomless bubbles for my sister, water, 2 bottles for the room, gifts for the kids, and the Wi-Fi package. 2 of them. The best thing Carnival has done in a long while is make the gift cards available as a form of payment through the fun shops! Literally all I have to do is board and start my vacation. Lol

Same here. I've paid for everything in advance this time with discounted gift cards. The cruise itself, all of my obc, bottomless bubbles for my sister, water, 2 bottles for the room, gifts for the kids, and the Wi-Fi package. 2 of them. The best thing Carnival has done in a long while is make the gift cards available as a form of payment through the fun shops! Literally all I have to do is board and start my vacation. Lol

Same here! It's great!

I'm kind of thinking I should get it now, too, for our June '18 cruise since they dropped the Social plan to $4 online. I have a feeling by the time we go, it'll be back up to $5. My guess is, this is just a temporary promotional price since they finally got the bugs worked out of the pre-purchase.

I'm kind of thinking I should get it now, too, for our June '18 cruise since they dropped the Social plan to $4 online. I have a feeling by the time we go, it'll be back up to $5. My guess is, this is just a temporary promotional price since they finally got the bugs worked out of the pre-purchase.

Might as well. If for some reason it goes down between now and then you can always cancel and rebook. But I don't see it happening.

I'm going to go ahead and purchase even though I only get the Social plan and it will save me a whopping $5! Hey, that will almost cover the cost of one beer! But I will try to remember to check when I board and see if they're offering a embarkation special and offer it at the same price.

I'm going to go ahead and purchase even though I only get the Social plan and it will save me a whopping $5! Hey, that will almost cover the cost of one beer! But I will try to remember to check when I board and see if they're offering a embarkation special and offer it at the same price.

Every little bit helps [emoji481]! I'll check on my cruise too and report back.