Riviera

AllanWW

Please so not worry too much: there is the Main Dining room along with a variety of four specialty restaurants and in the evening the buffet restaurant does 'serve' off the buffet to your table. Just go the various hosts positioned over the ship and see what openings there are. Often we change our arranged reservations and if there are no two top tables left, you can also share. Enjoy!

You go to various hosts to get seats? I thought that you went to the GDR on embarcation day for that days reservations and all other reservations were taken in the Terrace Cafe the morning of the day you want reservations. How does it work now?

Thanks.

Dear Happy Cruzin,

You can always talk the reservation host, who normally sits in the lobby of the Riviera ship during certain hours and ask him/her if there are any last-minute openings (or revisions in the system).

My personal secret is that I also walk up to the restaurant and ask the restaurant manager (at the front) if there are any last-minute changes to fit in "me and my company" and that I am willing to share. So far I hardly have been refused unless on certain sea days where all guests wanted to dine in a specialty restaurant. The manager has always a better view on the arriving guests or on in-house dining guests. I am sure that you will receive the same experience. Riviera is my most favorite cruise ship, especially due to the choice of dining rooms. Enjoy and bon voyage :)

My husband and I will be taking our first Oceania cruise on the Riviera in a few weeks. We are looking forward to a new experience. Have been sailing for several years on Crystal.

One thing we have enjoyed on Crystal has been the opportunity for dancing in the evenings. (Ballroom style...foxtrot, rumba, waltz.) Are their venues with this type of music in the evenings on Riviera?

One thing we have enjoyed on Crystal has been the opportunity for dancing in the evenings. (Ballroom style...foxtrot, rumba, waltz.) Are their venues with this type of music in the evenings on Riviera?

Not really

There may be some dancing in Horizons after the show at 10:30pm

not seen any in the show lounge but maybe someone has

On the R ships they do before the show as there is a small dance floor

We sail both Crystal and Oceania. Not much dancing going on on Oceania. For sure.

I have often seen people ballroom dancing at teatime depending on who was playing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums