Where does the Marina dock in New York

Caroldoll

And CCNY was a poor man's MIT... My brother went to BC and I went to CCNY -- neither was an easy entrance.

Now as to best high schools there was only one No #1 and that was Lincoln.

Not even close. Madison much better on every level. And we had Kings Highway. :):)

Greetings from South Beach, ChucktownSteve. You are wrong about great bagels being only available up North. We have both fresh and frozen Brooklyn bagels readily available here. In fact, we ate Everything Bagels this morning, in Pardise on our terrace, in 74 degrees, with a light breeze and Cecil B. DeMille clouds. Very close to the Atlantic on three sides, we hear cruise ships and maritime traffic instead of cars. Sometimes I wonder why we go on cruises. I suspect it's the butler. So nice to have.

Mary

Edited by warburg

I love this thread. I grew up in Bensonhurst and went to Brooklyn College in 1965. If I hadn't gone to an all girl Catholic HS, I would have attended Lafayette. We have been out NY since 1978 but get back their occasionally and always manage to eat a "real bagel and real pizza".

One of my best stories was on a Celebrity Silhouette cruise out of Amsterdam a view years ago. We had a very active Roll Call with mostly private tours being booked. I contacted one of the members who now lived in California via email and found out we both went to the same elementary school although she was 8 years younger than me. When I asked her maiden name and she responded to my email, my response was "your brother was my first crush". Needless to say, we couldn't stop laughing. Our emails then became phone conversations and we took six private tours together on that sailing. When would tell the story to others on our tours their comment was always "we thought you four were travelling together." Little by little the entire 124 person roll call new the story

We still keep in contact from opposite sides of the US.

I love this thread. I grew up in Bensonhurst and went to Brooklyn College in 1965. If I hadn't gone to an all girl Catholic HS, I would have attended Lafayette. We have been out NY since 1978 but get back their occasionally and always manage to eat a "real bagel and real pizza".

One of my best stories was on a Celebrity Silhouette cruise out of Amsterdam a view years ago. We had a very active Roll Call with mostly private tours being booked. I contacted one of the members who now lived in California via email and found out we both went to the same elementary school although she was 8 years younger than me. When I asked her maiden name and she responded to my email, my response was "your brother was my first crush". Needless to say, we couldn't stop laughing. Our emails then became phone conversations and we took six private tours together on that sailing. When would tell the story to others on our tours their comment was always "we thought you four were travelling together." Little by little the entire 124 person roll call new the story

We still keep in contact from opposite sides of the US.

My 2 favorite Brooklyn College Professors were Hobart Spaulding ,Jr .and Porter Kirkwood,Jr.Did anyone have the pleasure of being in a class of theirs ?