Confusing myself with CHEERS!

Okay, So I've educated myself about leaving from TX, that the CHEERS! program doesn't start until day 2.

SO.. Now I am confusing myself with math and such.

11/5/2017 Galveston, TX----4:00 Pm

11/6/2017 Fun Day At Sea--------

11/7/2017 Fun Day At Sea--------

11/8/2017 Montego Bay, Jamaica

11/9/2017 Grand Cayman, Cayman Island

11/10/2017 Cozumel, Mexico

11/11/2017 Fun Day At Sea--------

11/12/2017Galveston, TX8:00 AM----

RED BEING THE DAYS WE PAY FOR?

Does this means, we will only PAY for the 6-11th? $49.95 pp/pd (online price)

6 days(?), 2 people = 599.4X + Gratuity..

Is this correct?

You will only pay for 6 if it's a 7 day cruise. Real easy way to tell what the final price will be is to add it to your cart and see what the total says. I think it will automatically adjust for the 2nd day rule although I've never had a cruise that had that issue.

Edited by firemanbobswife

You are correct with your math (less gratuities). I was just looking earlier at adding it on our August cruise. I just honestly cannot stomach paying that much. We would have to drink a lot to equal out the costs. Don't get me wrong, I can knock them back, but usually only have one heavy day on a cruise anyway.

I just honestly cannot stomach paying that much. We would have to drink a lot to equal out the costs. Don't get me wrong, I can knock them back, but usually only have one heavy day on a cruise anyway.
As has already been debated on many threads, you do not have to drink a lot to equal out the cost. First of all, all of the non alcoholic options are included and unlimited. These include hot and cold espresso based coffees, still and sparkling bottled water, soda, juice, vitamin water, energy drinks, Honest Tea iced tea and milk shakes.

Alcohol wise, if you are on a cruise with an Alchemy bar, the drinks there are 10.95 each. Most of the frozen type are around 9.00. Beers are around 6.00. It all depends on what you like to drink. The Alchemy Bar is fantastic and is available on 18 out of the 24 ships in the fleet.

The Cheers program also gives you piece of mind that you don't have to think about what your bar tab is going to be and you don't have to have alligator arms figuring out if you want this or that. It gives you the freedom to try a new drink and if you don't like it, that's OK.

My wife and I are sailing on a 7 day cruise next fall and the cheers package for 2 people for a 7 day cruise is 804 and some change with the 15% gratuity added in. That's the total we got from the Carnival website once I added it to the shopping cart.

My wife and I are sailing on a 7 day cruise next fall and the cheers package for 2 people for a 7 day cruise is 804 and some change with the 15% gratuity added in. That's the total we got from the Carnival website once I added it to the shopping cart.

That amount is correct- except for those sailing from TX or NY. They do not pay for embarkation day since their Cheers program doesn't begin until day 2 due to liquors laws in their respective states.

That amount is correct- except for those sailing from TX or NY. They do not pay for embarkation day since their Cheers program doesn't begin until day 2 due to liquors laws in their respective states.

Good to know if my wife and I ever decide to sail out of either of those states. We love sailing out of NOLA because my wife doesn't fly and we can drive it in 2 days from Ohio. Thanks for the info.