Explorer of the seas - Deck 7

We are doing the 22 days transpacific cruise in October, and I am a little nervous about "rocking & rolling" across the ocean and getting sea sick.

New balcony cabins have opened up - we are currently booked in cabin 7380 which is right at the back of the ship.

Cabins on the "hump" are now available as well as some closer to the elevators.

I think I remember reading something about the "hump" cabins, but I cannot find it now - Can anyone advise if these are "better" than the other cabins?

Many thanks!

ON Explorer, the hump cabins are no larger (nor are the balconies) than any other "side" balcony within the same category. They are VERY convenient to the stairs and elevators which are in a FOYER, so there is no noise. Pick on or NEAR the hump for convenience sake, if you can.

• 1 month later...

New balcony cabins have opened up - we are currently booked in cabin 7380 which is right at the back of the ship.

Cabins on the "hump" are now available as well as some closer to the elevators.

Even without sea sickness I would change to a hump. Your cabin is only "half" a balcony really, it's basically a cave encapsulated by the structure of the ship. This picture gives you the idea.... the arrow points to your balcony on deck 7... the railing is half of the others. Now add the fact that mid-ship cabins are regarded as better for those with motion sickness.

IMG_1885_zpseam1rus0.jpg

The photo below is not Explorer (it's Vision), but gives you an idea of the rear most balcony, with only half railing.

DSC04270_zps06e036cd.jpg

DSC04272_zps735125f7.jpg

DSC04273_zpsc67bd22d.jpg