Gin & Tonic Drinkers

catzgirl

Hi everyone,

Could really do with hearing from someone who drinks Gin & Tonic.

Last year on QV, they seemed to have changed from tins/bottles of tonic water to using "out of the pump" tonic water, which incidentally is horrible. I asked for light/diet tonic, which they said they didn't do anymore? :(

What do diabetics do in this case? I much prefer the tins/bottles, anyone know anything different.

Thanks in anticipation.....

Tins/bottles ( mixers for spirits ) are still available across the fleet of Cunard. Same as poshtotty, I too request Fevertree ( at an additional charge of course)

I'm afraid I have no experience of requesting diet mixers, perhaps it was only in that 'particular bar venue you visited', that they had failed to re stock their bar ancillaries. ?

If that's the case, I definitely will be bringing some diet tonic, in cans, onboard with me. If I must haul a tin or two with me to the lounge, so be it. I will tuck them under my petticoat, beneath my Spanx. They surely will stay put, but then I will have to figure out a dignified way to retrieve them.:p

This cracked me up! I Iike my G&Ts but, being a Yank, have never heard of Fevertree tonic. Think I'll request it on my Princess cruise to the British Isles come September.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This cracked me up! I Iike my G&Ts but, being a Yank, have never heard of Fevertree tonic. Think I'll request it on my Princess cruise to the British Isles come September.

We always use fevertree tonic naturally light. It is really good makes a great g&t. Contains natural quinine.

Concerning the original question, fevertree can still be a real problem, no matter how nice the taste.

The lighter version is still sugar sweetened, fructose yes, but still sugar. For those with sugar issues, such as diabetes, this is not always a solution.

Not having a non-sugar option in these times is really an odd approach.

I dislike bar staff mixing my G&T. They always put far too much tonic in it and Cunard staff is no exception. I always ask for tonic "on the side" so I can mix it the way I like it. Because I use only a little tonic I don't mind what comes out of the "hose."

Don't tell me, this must be a first. Us Brits have something the Yanks don't have. :')

;) Bell Boy

If that's the case, I definitely will be bringing some diet tonic, in cans, onboard with me. If I must haul a tin or two with me to the lounge, so be it. I will tuck them under my petticoat, beneath my Spanx. They surely will stay put, but then I will have to figure out a dignified way to retrieve them.:p

What a good idea! :') :')

Hey Whirled Peas, I'll pack and bring along a few diet tonic's for you too . You ladies will need a Gin & T (or two) after our sojourn on the dance floor. :')

:) Bell Boy

Correct me if I'm wrong....sure someone will 😉 but my understanding is that there is no charge for the tonic mixer from the hose so maybe you have to ask specifically for a bottle or can....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong....sure someone will 😉 but my understanding is that there is no charge for the tonic mixer from the hose so maybe you have to ask specifically for a bottle or can....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is correct. My complaint about pre-mixed (read: "weak") G&T refers to the basic no-charge tonic.

Fevertree is available at most megamarts such as Safeway here in the U.S. It has reduced carbs, but is not carb free, about 7 carbs per serving.

Schweppes Diet Tonic, OTOH, has zero carbs per serving, which for anyone with diabetes is good news.

Oh I tried a sugar free Don't remember if it was Schweppes or Canada Dry. Yuck. I will, however, double check my local Safeway for the Fevertree. I usually go to Bev Mo or Target.

Hey Whirled Peas, I'll pack and bring along a few diet tonic's for you too . You ladies will need a Gin & T (or two) after our sojourn on the dance floor. :')

:) Bell Boy

Thanks, Bell Boy. I say we all have a G&T before we hit the dance floor as well! Heck, we are on a cruise, so maybe we pop open the first tin of tonic, and sweeten it with a bit of gin, before dance classes in the morning. ;p

Looking forward to meeting and dancing with you, Bell Boy.