Pets on cruises?

Chicken didn't want to get on the ship. It would get eaten, we all know there's no food on a cruise ship.😝😜

Darn, you're right.:mad:

I was wavering on letting pigs come aboard as pets...... you never want the bacon to run out.:D

OP, in case you ever consider going on the QM2, here's an FAQ about the onboard kennel: https://ask.cunard.com/help/fleet/kennel_info

I love the life jackets--LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We returned to NYC from military duty in Europe in 1976 and sailed on Cunards QE2 along with our car below deck and our dog on the upper deck in the kennels. As I recall it was staffed by student veterinarians at the time. There was a lovely outdoor dog run and we visited our pet each day. And I believe they accommodated more than cats and dogs, as I recall a monkey being in one of the kennels. It was a wonderful trip and we appreciated the convenience of having our car and dog at disembarkation. But, count me as a dog lover who would not want to regularly cruise with pets in cabins.

This is where cruise lines might lose me. Love my dog. He stays home. I'm ok with the RCI corkage fee. Not ok with pets on the Promenade or in the room next door. Not on a ship. Please no

Having a kennel area where passengers could go visit their dog or cat would be fine with me, but I'm with most folks I know: no animals should be out among the passengers or in cabins - on leashes or in backpacks or carriers or strollers. I feel bad for those who have a legitimate need for a support animal, but no... it doesn't need to become an imposition on others aboard the ship, plane, whatever.

"But, Misty's never bitten anyone before!" is the bread and butter of some of those TV court shows.

A service dog just bit someone on a flight yesterday

If you are referring to that Delta incident a couple of days ago, that was not a service dog. It was an "emotional support" animal, which requires no specialized training, just a note from a physician. And even that is often not done. People claim all the time that their animal is for "emotional support". Many are simply abusing that claim as an excuse to get around the rules against pets in certain places. These animals are no different than ordinary pets, with all the same behavior issues pets may have in large crowds or tight quarters.

Not the same type of dog at all.

Edited by SantaFeFan

No thanks. If I wanted a yipping, snapping, growling, crotch sniffer I would have my own. There is a difference between a true service dog and a dorkie yorkie. If you truly need the animal to function I will help you carry their food, but if it is purely because you "need" the animal you need to keep it away from me.

Wait. I need emotional support by way of a case of wine I bring aboard the ship and no corkage fee. Think that will pass the emotional support test?

Wait. I need emotional support by way of a case of wine I bring aboard the ship and no corkage fee. Think that will pass the emotional support test?

Just bring along a Saint Bernard on your cruise. Now that would be one hell of a multi purpose dog. :D

Having a kennel area where passengers could go visit their dog or cat would be fine with me, but I'm with most folks I know: no animals should be out among the passengers or in cabins - on leashes or in backpacks or carriers or strollers. I feel bad for those who have a legitimate need for a support animal, but no... it doesn't need to become an imposition on others aboard the ship, plane, whatever.

"But, Misty's never bitten anyone before!" is the bread and butter of some of those TV court shows.

I do hope you are willing to make an exception for a legitimate Service Dog?

I'm with everyone on no pets on board...but a Service Dog is not a pet.

I do hope you are willing to make an exception for a legitimate Service Dog?

I'm with everyone on no pets on board...but a Service Dog is not a pet.

Yes, of course. A properly trained service dog would likely be better behaved than some of the humans on board. ;)

My mistake not making that clear, sorry!