Frustrating getting edocs

JP-Cruise

So I am doing an Alaska Land/cruise tour. 12 day Denali/alyeska explorer. Leaving July 6th. Very excited and can't wait. However I am starting to get frustrated with the customer service...

Back in April when I called asking when I'll get my edocs, the person said I should get them on May 4th. That didn't happen, no big deals then called back a couple weeks later. Then they said it's because I'm on the cruise tour and it won't be available until 30 days out, and if it is still not ready to call them back and they will reset the system. Today I am 30 days out, still no edocs. I called them again and explained all this to them and the person said my hotels are not assigned yet and to keep checking. If they are not available until 12 days prior to my cruise date to give them a call again.

Has anyone encountered this kind of situation?

Call them, and tell them to E-MAIL them to you. Or, try a different browser. In all actuality, you don't NEED to print anything...but you should at least READ them!

So basically you're saying all I would need is to show my passport, no other documentation and I can board the ship?

You don't need them - they are helpful, but not absolutely required.

Your eDocs will become available when they are ready. I have not personally experienced, but have read that having the land tours tend to delay eDcos longer than might normally be expected.

Re post #2, The browser used won't make any difference.

You don't need them - they are helpful, but not absolutely required.

Your eDocs will become available when they are ready. I have not personally experienced, but have read that having the land tours tend to delay eDcos longer than might normally be expected.

Re post #2, The browser used won't make any difference.

Ok, sounds good, thanks. I just found it a little nerve wracking that's so many people when I called them have told me different things lol. I think I'm just really excited to go and really interested to know what hotel I'll be staying at in Denali :)

So basically you're saying all I would need is to show my passport, no other documentation and I can board the ship?

That is correct. I haven't printed or downloaded documents sin 3 or 4 years.

JP Cruise ,

We are taking the same sea land trip in less than 2 weeks. Just found out our hotels on Monday. There are a few days where it is said that lunch or dinner on own. No mention of other meals. We have not traveled with NCL in 14 years and no thrilled with their "communication" system. Will let you know what we are able to find out, if anything. Pat

JP Cruise ,

We are taking the same sea land trip in less than 2 weeks. Just found out our hotels on Monday. There are a few days where it is said that lunch or dinner on own. No mention of other meals. We have not traveled with NCL in 14 years and no thrilled with their "communication" system. Will let you know what we are able to find out, if anything. Pat

Oh are youuu? That's awesome! I've never sailed with NCL before. So this whole "printing of the edocs thing"'is completely new to you then.

Ya I am aware that you have to buy your meals during the land portion. What lodge are you staying at in Denali? And in anchorage?

JP :)

I too could not get edocs until

I called tech support ..they leared the snafu up ....call them

Lol what is "snafu up"? I called 2 days ago. They said I will get my edocs between 30 and 13 days prior to my sail date. And the reason they are not ready yet is because my hotels are not yet assigned.

Honestly I've been told so many different things from different NCL representatives

Lol what is "snafu up"? I called 2 days ago. They said I will get my edocs between 30 and 13 days prior to my sail date. And the reason they are not ready yet is because my hotels are not yet assigned.

Honestly I've been told so many different things from different NCL representatives

Sorry, I meant it was yesterday that I called them, later in the day

JP, our hotels are as follows

Homer Ocean Shore

Denali Denali Park Village

Anchorage Sheraton

Fairbanks Bear Lodge.

Since we are still not clear about meals, DH is calling NCL today. Will let you know if and any response.

Pat

Homer Ocean Shore

Anchorage Sheraton

Fairbanks Bear Lodge.

Since we are still not clear about meals, DH is calling NCL today. Will let you know if and any response.

Pat

That's awesome pat! So excited for you guys. I hope I get the Denali park village, looks soooo nice! And love that it's by the nenana river!

Thanks, ya let me know :)

DH spoke with an NCL rep and found out we are on our own for all meals on the land tour portion. He very nicely told them that no where in the literature about the tour was this stated and saying some meals on own leads one to believe that some are included. If we had know earlier we could have budgeted better for the trip.

The Ocean Shores in Homer has a restaurant, but doesn't serve breakfast. Maybe there will be lemons nearby, so that we can make lemonade. This has not been great customer service. Back to doing more research. Will try to send a quick post when we get back and before you leave. Pat

DH spoke with an NCL rep and found out we are on our own for all meals on the land tour portion. He very nicely told them that no where in the literature about the tour was this stated and saying some meals on own leads one to believe that some are included. If we had know earlier we could have budgeted better for the trip.

The Ocean Shores in Homer has a restaurant, but doesn't serve breakfast. Maybe there will be lemons nearby, so that we can make lemonade. This has not been great customer service. Back to doing more research. Will try to send a quick post when we get back and before you leave. Pat

I hear ya Pat, not very impressed with the costumer service. When several representatives are telling you different things you start to think "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" lol

I hear ya Pat, not very impressed with the costumer service. When several representatives are telling you different things you start to think "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" lol

Don't worry, last year they never notified people of the itinerary change on our sailing!

Homer Ocean Shore

Anchorage Sheraton

Fairbanks Bear Lodge.

Pat

Ok, frustration is over, reallllllly excited now! The moment I've been waiting for, finally got my edocs just checked right now :D. So in anchorage I'm at the Sheraton and Denali I am thrilled to be at the Denali park village! :D. Omg so excited I can hardly stand up lol!