Grand Princess Alaska 6/7 - 6/17

WAussieSFO

Just got off the Grand this morning. It was a great cruise even though it was a little chilly and there were very few whale sightings. We did get blue bags and we could eat all we wanted at the Crown Grill with no additional charge. We had the $99 all-inclusive photo package and came home with 101 pictures :)

Just got off the Grand this morning. It was a great cruise even though it was a little chilly and there were very few whale sightings. We did get blue bags and we could eat all we wanted at the Crown Grill with no additional charge. We had the $99 all-inclusive photo package and came home with 101 pictures :)

Excellent ... thanks for the info.

How does the ship look now that she has gone into dry dock last year? Our next cruise with Princess is booked on her.

How did you get the all-you-can-eat in the Crown Grill for free?

How did you get the all-you-can-eat in the Crown Grill for free?

Of our group of 5, 3 of them ordered steak and lobster. The lobster was brought out on 2 plates for the table to share and we were not charged anything more than the $29pp. If I recall correctly we were even asked if would like anymore lobster. We actually got a bonus as when we returned to our cabin one evening there was a card on the bed "A Random Act of Princess for one free cover charge at a specialty restaurant", and we already had a reservation.

Thanks for the mini report....cant wait at this very moment 1 month 10 days 2 hours until we are on the Lido deck of the Grand having a slice of pizza enjoying the sea air of San Francisco.

Do you recall the movies they were playing on MUTS during your cruise?

I know that one night they showed the live action Beauty and the Beast on MUTS. Other movies shown in the Vista Lounge or in staterooms were Lion, Gifted and A Royal Night Out.

We sail on the Grand 6/27. How are the new beds and bedding? Do you remember what night is Italian night in the MDR?

The bed and pillows were fine for me. Sorry, can't remember when Italian night was and I'm not one to keep the patters.

We did an Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the evening we departed Skagway and although it was cold and windy we had a great memorable evening and I would highly recommend anybody considering doing it in Alaska to do it.

Of our group of 5, 3 of them ordered steak and lobster. The lobster was brought out on 2 plates for the table to share and we were not charged anything more than the $29pp. If I recall correctly we were even asked if would like anymore lobster. We actually got a bonus as when we returned to our cabin one evening there was a card on the bed "A Random Act of Princess for one free cover charge at a specialty restaurant", and we already had a reservation.

That's really interesting about the "random act" thing. This is the first I've heard of that. Wonder if it happens often.