Southern Caribbean beaches

Hi all. I'll be on Adventure in September and I'm looking to plan a beach day. We are hoping to find something with loungers, restrooms, food, drink and shade! Any suggestions? We have some things planned already but we have aruba, St. Thomas and Curacao available. We have other plans already for St. Kitts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yes indeed....google your ports and add "beaches" to the search. TONS of stuff pops up! In St. Thomas, heading to St. Johns is a treat! Yes, it take some maneuvering, but I've yet to find beaches as nice! Anyway...google or get a guidebook from your library. Beach days are cheap and easy to DIY!

I was over there. My main issue was that I had trouble comparing ports under one thread. I was hoping maybe to narrow down the port first that would be best.

I've heard St. John's is great, but had difficulty getting confirmation on some things.

If you want a beach day at Aruba google all inclusive day passes and you will find several resorts to choose between that will include a day at the beach, facilities, lunch, unlimited drinks, beach mats, etc. They are within a 10- 20 minute cab or bus ride from the pier. It can be a lot of fun and a good way to experience a great beach on the island.

Hi all. I'll be on Adventure in September and I'm looking to plan a beach day. We are hoping to find something with loungers, restrooms, food, drink and shade! Any suggestions? We have some things planned already but we have aruba, St. Thomas and Curacao available. We have other plans already for St. Kitts.

Palm Beach in Aruba. City bus, $2pp, each way. $20-$25 for loungers and an umbrella.

I was over there. My main issue was that I had trouble comparing ports under one thread. I was hoping maybe to narrow down the port first that would be best.

I've heard St. John's is great, but had difficulty getting confirmation on some things.

I believe that you will have to do the research yourself for this- while any one of us would LOVE to tell you definitively which beach they would chose for each particular port, there is 1) objectivity in what type of beach you are looking for, with exactly which amenities are essential to your needs, 2) how far you are willing to travel to said beach, and 3) Price, availability, online reservations, etc

So basically, you need to do the work on your own. Yes, it takes time and effort, but so totally worth it in the end! I have never found a way to compare ports in a single thread, as you were hoping to do- I find that I have had the most success in researching each port on its own. And once you have found the beach you'd like to visit, don't forget to make a plan as to how to get there. It is all so def worth the effort!

All that being said, my fave is to,get up early to get myself over to St. John whenever possible. I have already planned on which ferry to take over based on where the cruise ship docs and at what time. Already figured out how to get back to the ship based on published ferry times.

The key is self-research and pre-planning. Keep googling until you find what you are looking for- it is out there! That way you can do exactly what you want to do, on your own timeline. Have fun, and I wish you the best time on you cruise.

I googled it for you

About 1,510,000 results (0.80 seconds)

Search Results

Travel from St. Thomas to St. John's, Trunk Bay - Cruz Bay Forum ...

https://www.tripadvisor.com › ... › St. John › Cruz Bay › Cruz Bay Travel Forum[/url]

During our trip, we traveled from St. Thomas to St. John's on our own (we did not book a cruise ship excursion). I thought I would share our experience traveling ...

Getting to St. John (from St. Thomas) - Virgin Islands - **********

www.**********/stjohn/getting_there/

Step 1: Choose a ferry: Charlotte Amalie to St. John; or Red Hook to St.John. The Charlotte Amalie ferry is closer to the Airport (about 3 miles; 10 minute drive in low traffic); and also to the Cruise Ship Docks (about 1.5 miles; 7 minute drive in low traffic). The Charlotte Amalie schedule has 3 departures a day.

Getting Around / Dock Info - Virgin Islands - **********

www.**********/cruise/getting-around-dock-info/

If your ship docks at Crown Bay the taxi figures will be a couple dollars more. Many cruise ship visitors to St. Thomas want to visit St. John and rely on the ferry. You should note that there are two passenger ferries; one in Charlotte Amalie and one in Red Hook.

Getting to St. John from St. Thomas During a Visit by Cruise Ship

www.travelingwiththejones.com/.../getting-to-st-john-from-st-thomas-during-a-visit-b...

Feb 6, 2014 - Are you visiting St. Thomas by cruise ship and want to visit St.John? Here's how we did.

Getting to Trunk Bay from Cruise Ship - Cruise Radio

› CARIBBEAN

Jun 11, 2014 - When you dock at Charlotte Amalie you'll disembark the shipand head to the ... The ferry from Red Hook, St. Thomas to Cruz Bay, St.John.

How to Get From St. Thomas to St. John in the US Virgin Islands | USA ...

traveltips.usatoday.com › US Travel › Other US Travel › US Virgin Islands

Whether you are on a cruise with a stop in St. Thomas, are on vacation in St. ... the only way to get from St. Thomas to St. John is by boat -- unless you're a strong ...

How To Visit Trunk Bay on a St. Thomas Cruise Ship Stop - The ...

adventuresoflilnicki.com/how-to-visit-trunk-bay-on-a-st-thomas-cruise-ship-stop/

Feb 20, 2016 - Even on a far-too-short 10 hour cruise ship stop in St.Thomas it is totally ... a cab across St. Thomas, catch a ferry to St. Johnand grab another ...

Getting to St. John / Trunk Bay on your own. - Cruise Reviews Forums

www.cruisereviews.com › ... › Cruising FAQ › Frequently Asked Questions

Feb 12, 2009 - 1 post - ‎1 author

It is very easy to get to Trunk Bay from St Thomas using public transport (or taxis) instead of paying for a ship's excursion. To get to Trunk Bay ...

From St Thomas:

All inclusive St John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel

Dep: 09:00 AM

Total Cost: $209.25 USD ($69.75pp)

Duration: 4hr(s)

RC booking code: STE8

Weather Report: 86deg F (30deg C) small rain shower, hot and sunny

Comments: beautiful beach, visibility for snorkeling not so great, but when you are stuck at the 5th best beach in the world, who cares, the sandy beaches with zero rocks, just like walking on cotton wool, bliss.

Snorkel gear included.

No drinks, no food, but there were restrooms

Well worth doing just for the beach.

45 minutes each way from Havensight to St John (Isla Grande ferry)

We did this back in November 2014, well worth it.

This was a RC excursion FWIW.

Things obviously may have changed since we did this excursion.

HAPPY DAYS!

Loungers, restrooms, drinks, etc. sounds like palm/eagle beach on Aruba or maybe Magens bay on st Thomas is your way to go.

This was exactly the kind of I go I was looking for. Thank you, Magster. I think Clarea mentioned the same place.

Another advantage of going to St. John is that you'll get to see parts of two islands. There are a coupe ferry options from St. Thomas to St. John. Depending on which one you choose, you will see a bunch of St. Thomas either from land or sea. Once on St. John, the ride to Trunk Bay, Cinnamon etc. will provide some spectacular views.

Aruba - Palm Beach

Curacao - Lion's Dive

St. John's - take the ferry over (they leave from the same cove the ship is docked) - take the bus tour of their 130 beaches - then they stop for a few hours at a very popular beach with facilities - then bus you back for your ferry return.

Another vote for St. John. We've always gone to Trunk Bay but I've heard the other beaches are nice too. It'll cost you about $50 pp round trip to get there. Get off the ship early & take a cab to the Red Hook ferry and then a cab to your beach of choice. They have a snack bar and rent snorkeling equipment at Trunk Bay. They town is really cute to walk around and the beach bar is cool. We've done this several times, easy. Ask the cab driver to come back & pick you up. I would suggest the 3:00 ferry to get back to the ship. If you don't feel comfortable doing it on your own I see RCCL has an excursion called St. John on your own. You get to skip the cab to the ferry, but you have time restrictions. Hope this helps! Loved Curaçao too! I purchased 2 lovely tablecloths there and enjoyed having a cold 1 sitting on the water.

I recently responded to this post, but apparently I didn't click on submit reply! Sorry about that.

I appreciate everyone's insight. To me this is part of the research - to see what others experienced, and based on the criteria I put out there, what everyone thought may work for me.

Right now, I thinking Palm Beach in Aruba. It sounds like it would be a good fit for me and my husband. There is easy access, it has a good reputation, and the amenities I was looking for. We are planning to head over early, stay as long as want. Then we will go back to the ship, clean up, and head back out! We may do the catamaran sunset cruise.

I love the idea of St. John's, and I'm contemplating the ferry over to the island since I've never been there. I know I will need to think about the transportation element, and consider that more. It's a quirk I have to overthink the transportation.

There is so much to see and do in most ports. We also like learning the history of the areas we visit, and to check out landmarks.

Thanks for your help!

I forgot to mention that with Curacao, I was thinking that we could wander and explore on our own. I think that would be a lot of fun! We love to ask where the locals eat, and then head there for lunch.