FULL Review NCL Escape 6/10-6/17 2017 Western Caribbean

refted

Dont get me wrong, its great for those 2 people, but it seems to me 75-80% of the people who get Vibe passes (Haven guests?) DONT USE IT! Something has to change! There has to be a way to allow people who want to pay AND use it get passes. Handing out passes to those who have the money and get on early simply because of lattitutes status or Haven bookers but really dont have any intention of using them is a waste. Going to a Day pass only system would seem to work better - first come to deck 19 Vibe door, first served - every day.

The Haven has its own sun deck area separate from The Vibe. Why would folks in The Haven have any use for The Vibe? You are mistaken in your assumption that Haven guests are purchasing Vibe passes.

Privileged Children??? First off the most unruly children would be bored to death on the Haven sun deck so why would they even want to hang around? Second assuming there are still kids running around screaming...then how much of that will be drowned out by a simple wall that separates the Haven from Vibe? My kids went up to look at the Haven sun deck and quickly turned around and left and never returned during the whole cruise.

Lastly, I have heard from others that complained about how loud it was eating outside at the Haven restaurant from the noise coming from the adult pool. Vibe is right there, so it is not the simple nice quiet space some may make it out to be.

They change the time to Central Time Zone on the first night. This did not change for Roatan, which is on Mountain Time (2 hours behind EDT). Otherwise, local and ship time matched.

Actually I think Roatan is still Central Time, but they do not have a Daylight Savings Time imposed. So the local time during this time of the year would effectively be like Mountain Time, but it's actually not.

A technicality, but rather important for times of the year when DST is not in effect...

Two words...privileged children.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Nice attitude. I'm sailing in The Haven on the Escape in two weeks and have no intention of paying for something I don't need. I've already paid enough for the added benefits that I get being in The Haven.

It's a shame that you feel the need to call people names that you don't even know. You don't know their situation. Maybe they are normal people that have saved up years to be able to do something special for vacation.

I'm sorry, but I still disagree that any Haven guests would even consider paying for a pass in The Vibe just so they could take them away from folks that would purchase them. More than likely, it was people with Platinum and Platinum Plus status that purchased them. Or maybe it was just some highly motivated folks that knew what they wanted and got to the terminal extra early to make sure they got on the ship in one of the first groups and then went right to Headliners before going to eat lunch. Common sense says there is no good or logical reason for a Haven guest to purchase Vibe passes.

Actually I think Roatan is still Central Time, but they do not have a Daylight Savings Time imposed. So the local time during this time of the year would effectively be like Mountain Time, but it's actually not.

A technicality, but rather important for times of the year when DST is not in effect...

I agree! Thanks for the correction.

Nice attitude. I'm sailing in The Haven on the Escape in two weeks and have no intention of paying for something I don't need. I've already paid enough for the added benefits that I get being in The Haven.

It's a shame that you feel the need to call people names that you don't even know. You don't know their situation. Maybe they are normal people that have saved up years to be able to do something special for vacation.

I'm sorry, but I still disagree that any Haven guests would even consider paying for a pass in The Vibe just so they could take them away from folks that would purchase them. More than likely, it was people with Platinum and Platinum Plus status that purchased them. Or maybe it was just some highly motivated folks that knew what they wanted and got to the terminal extra early to make sure they got on the ship in one of the first groups and then went right to Headliners before going to eat lunch. Common sense says there is no good or logical reason for a Haven guest to purchase Vibe passes.

That was us, (the last ones). We were in Boarding Group 1 and made every effort to get there.

Talking about "Hijacking a Thread", seriously please take this discussion to one of MANY threads discussing Vibe

Getting VIBE passes was a part of the review (3rd paragraph, 1st post). The OP was successful in getting them. Someone who wasn't successful decided that those who got them didn't use VIBE enough and came to the conclusion that "75-80% of the people who get Vibe passes (Haven guests?) DONT USE IT! Something has to change!" and that it was a "waste" for those who have access but don't use it enough. :rolleyes:

Whichever people decide to get VIBE passes is irrelevant. It it up to THEM to decide if they should get them. It isn't for others to decide that they "don't need it....",

How much time someone spends in VIBE is irrelevant. It is up to THEM to decide how much time they spend there. It isn't for others to decide that they "didn't spend enough time there...."

Why a Haven guest would want VIBE is irrelevant. It is up to THEM to decide why they want VIBE access. It isn't for others to decide that children in the Haven are a problem.

It is somewhat delusional to believe that those who get VIBE access are simply doing it to prevent others from getting passes. Nobody is going to go through the trouble of getting passes and paying $99 just to spite a total stranger.

That was us, (the last ones). We were in Boarding Group 1 and made every effort to get there.

Congratulations to the OP. :tropical-drink:

Once VIBE access is acquired (for whatever reason), it is entirely up to the pass owner to decide how much/little time to spend in VIBE. Those who don't get access don't get to decide if those who acquired access deserve it.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Nice attitude. I'm sailing in The Haven on the Escape in two weeks and have no intention of paying for something I don't need... Common sense says there is no good or logical reason for a Haven guest to purchase Vibe passes.

All I am doing is regurgitating information that I have read on multiple threads regarding unruly children in the Haven. Granted, they may not be privileged, but there is a higher than 50% chance that they are. And it has also been reported that because of the actions of these children, Haven members have indeed purchased Vibe passes to escape the shenanigans.

I am sure there are many like yourself that save to be able to afford Haven status for a week and there are many that are accustomed to that lifestyle and another 198.00 for the opportunity to go into Vibe is a drop in the bucket considering what they paid for the Haven. There are parents all over the ship that take a vacation from parenting and let their little angels run amok. This happens both outside as well as inside the Haven and this is one of the reasons why Vibe is so popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the read and thank you for sharing! I have driven myself crazy trying to plan and the menu are all starting to look the same at all the prime restaurants. Looks like I am going to be all beefed out (we are not fish eaters and chicken is blah but love shellfish was really looking forward to at least a lobster tail at one of the venues that offer a possible alfresco experience.

Modern Churra- Cagney's- Le Bistro... yikes. My first cruise just might be my last. I am aware that you can pay more in the MDR for lobster (will probbly do that to break the boredom). BUMMER that it can't be done at a higher fee at the finer venues.

Edited by kangabit

Looks like I am going to be all beefed out (we are not fish eaters and chicken is blah but love shellfish was really looking forward to at least a lobster tail at one of the venues that offer a possible alfresco experience.

Modern Churra- Cagney's- Le Bistro... yikes. My first cruise just might be my last.

If your first cruise is going to be a bust and might be your last because you can't get a lobster tail, then you should have done more research to make sure your needs are going to be met. Food Republic has a lobster roll sandwich that is OK, but NCL has eliminated lobster tail as an option in LeBistro, Cagney's and Teppanyaki.

There are other cruise lines at a comparable price as well as a much higher price than NCL that offer lobster tails in their MDR as well as some specialty venues. Don't judge the Escape solely on the absence of lobster tails, if you do you're taking a very myopic view and you'll ruin a great vacation.

• 3 weeks later...
Enjoying the read and thank you for sharing! I have driven myself crazy trying to plan and the menu are all starting to look the same at all the prime restaurants. Looks like I am going to be all beefed out (we are not fish eaters and chicken is blah but love shellfish was really looking forward to at least a lobster tail at one of the venues that offer a possible alfresco experience.

Modern Churra- Cagney's- Le Bistro... yikes. My first cruise just might be my last. I am aware that you can pay more in the MDR for lobster (will probbly do that to break the boredom). BUMMER that it can't be done at a higher fee at the finer venues.

I thought you could get lobster as Taste and Savor for a $19 upcharge. Plus there is an AUCE seafood night that has tons of shrimp and shell fish and I also understand there is an AUCE fired seafood at O's one night.

I thought you could get lobster as Taste and Savor for a $19 upcharge. Plus there is an AUCE seafood night that has tons of shrimp and shell fish and I also understand there is an AUCE fired seafood at O's one night.

From recent menus I have seen in other posters' reviews, it appears that there isn't lobster with an upcharge listed any longer in the complimentary dining rooms.