Have you met "Friends at Sea"?

20 yrs later I still keep in very close contact with my table mate I met the very 1st nt at dinner of my very 1st cruise. We text, email and talk every day now for 20 yrs. In fact, I married him 6 months after meeting him on that cruise! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice!

All this talk about friends and keeping in touch reminds me to wish TC "The Stacker" a Happy Birthday ! ! I realize this has an inside joke connotation but it's just another example of making cruise friends.

We've made friends over the years from a number of cruises. 2 folks from the UK come to the US every Spring and we make a point of getting together each year. Some years we can schedule a cruise, others we meet somewhere for a weekend.

We made friends on another cruise a few years back and we're scheduled for a weekend cruise together in November.

All 4 folks above we initially met through the CC M&M thread and then of course in person at the RCI M&M party.

And of course there are other folks we stay in touch with in hopes of finding out we are going to cruise together again.

And speaking for my parents, we all met a family from Ireland (on our 2nd cruise). The parents of that family come to the US every year and see my parents every time they are here.

Cruising has become not only our vacation addiction, but has expanded our circle of friends. It's amazing how much our lives have benefited from cruising over the years.

Erika

We are travelling to the US on Thursday to visit friends we first met on cruise critics 7 years ago have cruised with several times and visited, there will be 10 of us meeting up again for 4th of July celebrations in Bethany Beach cant wait to see them all again:)

We are travelling to the US on Thursday to visit friends we first met on cruise critics 7 years ago have cruised with several times and visited, there will be 10 of us meeting up again for 4th of July celebrations in Bethany Beach cant wait to see them all again:)

Nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been cruising solo since 2010, and have met many cruise buddies, that have become very good friends. We actually group message when the cruises are released to decide which ones we will book, and phone or message each other all the time. I have also gotten together with some that live close by. I even have an "adopted cruise daughter" that I have cruise with twice and we will be cruising together again in a few months.

Over our many year of cruising I have always made friends on board but not managed to stay in touch. I joined CC right before our last cruise and now I am excited to be able to stay connected.

One couple became especially dear to my husband and I. And another couple is already, coincidentally, booked on Oasis the same week as us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've met some amazing families at sea, and I'm hoping to cruise with one particular family, in the future if all our diaries match!!

I know I'm quoting myself here but those very same friends just surprised us with a video call where they revealed to us that they are joining us on our upcoming Freedom sailing! I am so happy and excited!!

I know I'm quoting myself here but those very same friends just surprised us with a video call where they revealed to us that they are joining us on our upcoming Freedom sailing! I am so happy and excited!!

Wow! That's great!

we met several people here on CC then met on the ship, maybe back in 2006--we are a group of 10-20 depending on the cruise and probably together at least thirty days a year and sometimes more, just enjoy meeting up with friends from all over the Country at sea--