Dates for three morre ships to get Medallions

caribill

If they only keep track of a Medallion event such as opening a cabin door, requesting a beverage to be delivered, etc., then that is one thing.

If they are checking where up to 4000 passenger medallions are every few seconds so they know when to turn lights out, that is another thing and is very creepy.

We'll just have to see what they do with the information they collect before I determine how creepy they are. If I get home & find I'm getting blasted with adds that I know come from information Princess has collected, that will be the last time I let them. My Medallion will go in a RFID signal blocking case for everything but room entrance.

I wonder if there was this much controversy when Disney installed their system? ;p

lol. i would say no, but some people always fear change, especially when it's new technology.

but by most accounts, the use of this wearable technology by Disneyworld has been a great success. Disney love the data and ability to manage and address guest flow in the parks and guest love the ease and functionality of it. plus it's exciting to receive pre-vacation and to set up online. tech savvy folks love that.

i've been to music festivals that use a simpler version of this tech (wristband used for entry/exit and to pay for merch/food/beverage and it's awesome.

it makes lines go so much faster when it's just a tap instead of fumbling for cash/debit/credit cards and your age is already confirmed so no need for id at beer gardens. also entry is a breeze, just tap and keep walking vs having to scan every ticket.

I have read on CC that you can request the traditional cruise card instead of the Medallion. If that's so wouldn't you be opting out?

Tom😎

you will be able to opt out of using the functionality to its full capacity if you prefer to do things manually.

but you will need to carry one to replace your cruise card on ships that are equipped for it. they're phasing out cruise cards with the introduction of the medallion.

i really don't understand what the big deal is... instead of sliding your card, you'll now tap the medallion. it's like when they moved from room keys to key cards.

if you don't want to use the app to order drinks and maximize your onboard experience, then don't use it.

but don't be upset when you see people receiving their drinks faster, lol.

you will be able to opt out of using the functionality to its full capacity if you prefer to do things manually.

but you will need to carry one to replace your cruise card on ships that are equipped for it. they're phasing out cruise cards with the introduction of the medallion.

i really don't understand what the big deal is... instead of sliding your card, you'll now tap the medallion. it's like when they moved from room keys to key cards.

if you don't want to use the app to order drinks and maximize your onboard experience, then don't use it.

but don't be upset when you see people receiving their drinks faster, lol.

Fear of the unknown. :eek: