Transfers to Rome

suzannecorreia

Can anyone tell me if we will be able to purchase a ship transfer at the end of our cruise in Civitavecchiai to Fiumicino airport and how long it will take and what the price will be more or less. As our travel agent never offered this as an option. Thanks in advance:confused:

You can purchase the transfer directly with Princess (online or by phone) before your cruise and you pay for it prior to leaving home. We used Rome in Limo on our last HAL cruise in May and the price was about 50 Euro per person. You can book this online prior to your cruise and they will pick you up right at the ship. They are very reliable and professional......nice vehicles. It takes about 45 minutes from Civi to airport in Rome.

Yes you can book once onboard but don't wait until the end of the cruise to do it. What time is your flight home? It has to be later than 11:00am for the Royal if that's your ship to get on the ship's transfer.

We used a private tour operator (RomeInLimo I think it was) and shared the cost between 6 others from our Roll Call. I wasn't impressed with the service at all. The driver was literally yelling on 2 cell phones at once as she flew down the road. (I like to drive fast but not in a fully packed van when the driver is totally distracted.) :o We were shocked, but just hoped to get there in one piece. We sure made good time but that wasn't a safe way to get there. I hope that driver is no longer with them.

Yes you can book once onboard but don't wait until the end of the cruise to do it. What time is your flight home? It has to be later than 11:00am for the Royal if that's your ship to get on the ship's transfer.

We used a private tour operator (RomeInLimo I think it was) and shared the cost between 6 others from our Roll Call. I wasn't impressed with the service at all. The driver was literally yelling on 2 cell phones at once as she flew down the road. (I like to drive fast but not in a fully packed van when the driver is totally distracted.) :o We were shocked, but just hoped to get there in one piece. We sure made good time but that wasn't a safe way to get there. I hope that driver is no longer with them.

We had a similar experience going from our hotel to the airport in Rome. We didn't use RomeInLimo but a service recommended by our hotel. I was in the front seat and during the ride my wife passed me a note from the back seat which said "I think we are going to die."

Yes, but you might be better off booking the Civitivecchia Shuttle Express. It was $70 Euros for the 2 of us in an 8 Pax air conditioned minivan shared with 6 others. The driver greeted us clearly and easily right outside the terminal tent with a sign wth our names on it. The drive took around 45-50 min no traffic. We were very impressed with the company, and we didn't have to pay til we were dropped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, we used a company called NCC airport a number of times, last year they charged 70 euros for my wife and myself, I think if you search fiumicinoshuttleexpress you will find the page.

We book on line then pay the driver on the day..

Hope this helps